SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I had a 'Chat' with a Midway Rep yesterday, asked her about the clearance. She said they are just working off a stock overage and prices will go back up when they reach the desired levels. They aren't dumping Emerson, they are just adjusting stock levels to meet inventory goals.

It represents a great opportunity. I'm averaging 40% + savings over retailers like GP Knives and Blade HQ. I didn't see prices this low even when Howe's cleared out their inventory. Play the advantage.

OTOH I bought two knives from the Emerson website and paid full price for an UBR Commander and a Persian, two that are difficult to find in the wild. Kinda got overzealous... Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
A frame lock is stronger but it shouldn't cost an extra $200.00.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
The CQC-7 V and CQC-7B, both partially serrated, are down to $120.

The SARK plain edge is down to $110.

The A-100 black plain edge is now on sale for $115.... damn! I already have the CQC-7, CQC-14, Micro Commander, and SOCFK.

I don't need another knife... I don't need another knife... I don't need another knife... Gotta keep telling myself.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Too much of a good thing? You're supposed to think about how much money you saved! Smile

Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't need another knife... I don't need another knife... I don't need another knife... Gotta keep telling myself.

Yep...what you said...ok maybe just one more... Big Grin

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Dang it, I finally gave in. Got the a100 coming. It'll be my first Emerson. Thanks, thanks a lot... Big Grin

Hell, is other people! J-P S

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fvyellowbird:
Dang it, I finally gave in. Got the a100 coming. It'll be my first Emerson. Thanks, thanks a lot... Big Grin

You will be very happy

....see earlier post with pic....

For me the style is a perfect utilitarian design

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6217 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats...you will love the A100...And the price is unreal. You easily saved $60-80. It's not as intimidating as some of the more 'Tactical' designs, but every bit as tough. The longer you keep it, the more you'll appreciate what a great tool you bought. That's a full 3.6" blade, Ernie ain't no toymaker. Smile

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
The A-100 is a great knife and was my EDC for a couple of years. It is a classic design, IMO.

Here is my mini, with painted scales.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3220 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
That Super 8 is a machete, isn't it? Smile

Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I had promised myself the 14 was gonna be the last
Nope, moment of lust last night I ordered the A-100...
Come on delivery truck!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a Tiger this morning, Black finish. They ran out of Stonewashed, and the guy said they were really low on the Black. He also said it was very popular...They may bring it back later.

It was between this or a Black Patriot. It was a dead heat, but the fact that this Tiger was a Limited Run pushed it over.

Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I have no doubt that I'll love it. The simple and/or classic lines are what I've always liked about that model. Can't wait!

Posts: 1140 | Location: St Simons Island, Georgia USA! | Registered: October 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Tiger came today...#0033

Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
Nice, very nice! Looks like I won't be getting my A-100 for a while. A Midway rep called, said they wouldn't send to DPO's. I gave her our back-up US address, she came right back and that showed as a DPO also. So I ended up having it sent to the wife (won't she be surprised) and then she'll have to forward it to me. You know, once she gets over it. I've been a bad boy lately. I hit Woot for a tanto Blur, then Ragweed Forge for a couple of Mora's, my first 1911 (Colt) and one of the Star's from Wideners. All in the last 2 weeks. Yikes! Funny, Woot & RF both had no problem sending the knives to the DPO. In fact Ragweed Forge gave me free shipping, because of the DPO. So props to him!

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice, very nice! Looks like I won't be getting my A-100 for a while. A Midway rep called, said they wouldn't send to DPO's. I gave her our back-up US address, she came right back and that showed as a DPO also. So I ended up having it sent to the wife (won't she be surprised) and then she'll have to forward it to me. You know, once she gets over it. I've been a bad boy lately. I hit Woot for a tanto Blur, then Ragweed Forge for a couple of Mora's, my first 1911 (Colt) and one of the Star's from Wideners. All in the last 2 weeks. Yikes! Funny, Woot & RF both had no problem sending the knives to the DPO. In fact Ragweed Forge gave me free shipping, because of the DPO. So props to him!

Dude, you're in Germany...You should be drinking beer and wine, eating Wurst, touring Castles, und Skifahren...Whatcha doin' shopping online? Smile

Picture of fvyellowbird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
quote:

Dude, you're in Germany...You should be drinking beer and wine, eating Wurst, touring Castles, und Skifahren...Whatcha doin' shopping online? Smile

LOL, been doing all that. Except for und Skifahren. Ima have to Google that one before I admit to anything!

Banned
posted Hide Post
http://loadoutroom.com/11042/w...t/#livefyre-comments

What makes Emerson Knives so great? Well, for one, it’s 100% Made in the USA, down to the screws they use. Most other knife manufacturers try to use the latest and greatest steel or handle material as their selling points. One year it’s one super steel, and the next year it’s a different super steel. What sets Emerson Knives apart is their consistent and simplistic approach. Emerson has used the same steel from day one – 154CM – because it works and it’s a strong steel.

Emerson Knives use common hardware; phillips screws for the handle and a flat head screw for the pivot. This makes it very easy to maintain in the field if you carry a multi tool – no crazy hex or torque bits needed.

Speaking of easy to maintain, their chisel-ground blades are among the easiest to keep a serviceable edge on because there is only a single edge to maintain. This also allows for easy field sharpening by using rocks, bricks, pipe, or glass. The knives are not meant to be super-sharp surgical blades; these are tools.

The “wave opening feature” was originally designed as a blade catch to prevent another knife or sharp object from sliding up the blade and cutting the operators hand or arm. It wasn’t until a unit within the SEAL Teams was testing a prototype and noticed that it also deployed the blade when pulling it from your pocket. A bonus feature of the wave is that, in a pinch, it opens beer bottles!

Ernest Emerson has a solid reputation within the SEAL Teams and SOF community. He listens to their input and puts tools in the hands of guys going down range that they can stake their lives on. I recently sent my Commander back to Emerson to have my mom’s favorite bible verse engraved on the blade as a type of personal memorial. Long story short, after hearing why I was having the blade engraved, Mr. Emerson decided to engrave the blade pro bono! Guys, what other knife maker would do that?

Posts: 3220 | Registered: February 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 2001 CQC-7 for a few bucks.

Both of my 7's are going to Emerson for a new edge, spa treatment for the '01, and have them look at the sticky lockup on the 2014.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post