SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I just spoke with them...Looks like they have quite a few of the Black versions. The Stonewashed must have been released first because they sold out.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Emerson's still had the Black Persian in stock. It's on the way. I wanted to wait, but the possibility that this might be his last run of Persians looms large. It is one of his signature early models, so it's a biggie.

http://emersonknives.com/shop/...persian-tactical-bt/

I think I saw a full dress custom Persian on Arizona customs website. Smile

I let you guess price. Lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I finally got the Emerson I've wanted for awhile. Endeavor! The skull is titanium.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10X-Shooter,

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
$1175, and sold already. Ouch!

I saw this one over there...Someone ought to snatch it up. An NSAR in fine shape...$360 with Layaway available...

http://www.arizonacustomknives...n-knives-148540.aspx

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the great acquisition! Perseverance pays off

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
I finally got the Emerson I've wanted for awhile. Endeavor!

Congrats too...How long have you been wanting one? EDC or Grail?

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Looking back in this Thread, Vemon has a beautiful Persian with a Carbon Fiber grip.

So, the Persian is coming...And I've been looking around for info on how it was designed to be used. The original model was fixed, not folding. One thing I found out is this is perfect for penetrating through Kevlar and leaving a deep wound. Others have conjectured that it was intended for slashing attacks.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
I finally got the Emerson I've wanted for awhile. Endeavor!

Congrats too...How long have you been wanting one? EDC or Grail?

I've been eyeing this one for a year or two. I started digging the lines after picking up a Gentleman Jim at a gun show in Knoxville. It's a EDC for me. The Persian is growing on me and the carbon fiber grips make it even more enticing.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Czechvar:
Looking back in this Thread, Vemon has a beautiful Persian with a Carbon Fiber grip.

Thank you Smile
this Persian friend of mine was doing under his arm.
More on it Thumb Button work Pete Gray grayprecision.com
In reality it is more convenient because of the larger diameter.

My opinion, it is for dilating the Kevlar strands, ie injection.
for slashing attacks.
yet light weight ..

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I got the SOCFK from the Midway sale a couple of days ago. Played around with it a little bit, and honestly I like the CQC-7 more.

Anyone feel like a trade? CQC-14 or something would be cool.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rustpot:
I got the SOCFK from the Midway sale a couple of days ago. Played around with it a little bit, and honestly I like the CQC-7 more.

Anyone feel like a trade? CQC-14 or something would be cool.

I have a CQC-7BW Stonewashed I'd swap you for your SOCFK if you like. It's in perfect shape, but I have carried it some. It's a 2012.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Dang. I was hoping to diversify.

My Gray Precision thumb disc will be here in a few days. The only downside to the -7 is the high side being a little trickier to deploy lefty. If the new disc solves that I might be game for another one.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Someone else might pop in here shortly. Hold out for a while. Remember that Emerson will drill Lefty holes for $25.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone else might pop in here shortly. Hold out for a while. Remember that Emerson will drill Lefty holes for $25.

I have a few machine shops or a drill press at work I could do the left hand drill/tap myself with.

Just need to know the thread size... Guessing #4?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have a few machine shops or a drill press at work I could do the left hand drill/tap myself with.

Just need to know the thread size... Guessing #4?

I think the threads are common 2/56th

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6218 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dang. I was hoping to diversify.

My Gray Precision thumb disc will be here in a few days. The only downside to the -7 is the high side being a little trickier to deploy lefty. If the new disc solves that I might be game for another one.

It should

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OH MY!!!!!

http://www.knifepurveyor.com/e...qc_6_knife_5886.aspx

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Yep...That is sumpin'...

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
That custom 6 sure is pretty.

I've said this before, but you're all a bunch of enablers. I found a CQC-14 on another forum for a good price. So that makes 4 in the collection.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've said this before, but you're all a bunch of enablers.

It takes two to Tango... Smile

I just got my first 14 last week, and I'll have to say it is much more impressive in person than in pictures...What will you use it for? I didn't think it would be a good EDC, but I was wrong...