SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Lets try that again without the knives Eek

Perhaps you'd prefer an MK25...

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Eek

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Now to find the Micro

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Thinking about purchasing the A-100, had not paid any attention to him, and yesterday in the twisted - like!

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Venom

They are great. Mini A-100BTS is my work edc

I have a full size also. Both are great designs

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Kudos to Emerson. I ordered a Mini CQC-7AW on Wednesday at 11:59 EDT and it showed up today. Can't ask for better service than that.

I do have one question though, the opening and closing of my new knife is a lot grittier than that of the previous Emersons I've owned. It sounds as though there is metal rubbing on metal and if I had to guess, it's coming from the detent dragging on the blade as it opens (the part that hangs down on the liner that does not contain the lock). Is this normal or is there a simple way to get rid of the interference?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spiff_P239,

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
Kudos to Emerson. I ordered a Mini CQC-7AW on Wednesday at 11:59 EDT and it showed up today. Can't ask for better service than that.

I do have one question though, the opening and closing of my new knife is a lot grittier than that of the previous Emersons I've owned. It sounds as though there is metal rubbing on metal and if I had to guess, it's coming from the detent dragging on the blade as it opens (the part that hangs down on the liner that does not contain the lock). Is this normal or is there a simple way to get rid of the interference?

I always detail clean all my knives when I first receive them

This should take care of the grittiness for you

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

Gave it a shot despite the fact that I wasn't sure it'd do much as the grittiness came on while I was just opening and closing it a bunch to loosen it up. Lo and behold, it definitely worked. I'm really loving this blade.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spiff_P239:
quote:
Originally posted by snwghst:

Gave it a shot despite the fact that I wasn't sure it'd do much as the grittiness came on while I was just opening and closing it a bunch to loosen it up. Lo and behold, it definitely worked. I'm really loving this blade.

It will take great care of you.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ultramagnus
posted Hide Post

just bought a 15. no fan of serrations but botach had them for a price i could not pass

--------------THINK ABOUT IT TWICE, Cause you're slow with your hands

Posts: 347 | Location: philadelphia/ FT Riley | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
**SALE ON ENTIRE EMERSON WEBSITE TODAY**

10% off anything with code MEMORIAL. Can't use othe discounts with purchase.

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Long I thought and bought it! Smile Satisfied immensely, very charismatic:

Posts: 545 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: December 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Venom,

that is my favorite Emerson! In fact its the only one I own, though I'm waiting for a fixed blade to show up.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Gotta love a Combat Karambit...

Nice Vemon, I have one just like it... Smile

Picture of vemon
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Really great knife Smile

posted Hide Post
I've carried the Combat Karambit (#1004) everyday/everywhere since 2003, to include Iraq and other not so nice places. Without further detail, the Karambit has saved me more than once.
Additionally, when a letter or package (especially at Chtistmas or birthdays) absolutely had to be opened, the Karambit never failed.
Sincere thanks to Ernest and company!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: madmatt,

Semper Fi
Madmatt

SIGs, BHPs, CZ PCRs, HKs, 1911s, S&W 625-3 45 ACP, HK/Benelli M1S90, Colts 6721/LE6920, Steyr SBSs, Emerson and ZT Knives, Rubicons, Harleys & APBTs

Posts: 416 | Location: USA | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wreckdiverjosh
posted Hide Post
Yep...great knife!

Change of Plans...

Posts: 268 | Location: Virginia | Registered: March 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
There are only 13 Super SOCFK's left...And my willpower is fading. I can't order one right now because that would be #13, bad luck. But if it drops any lower, I may have to get one because I don't think we'll see them again. Confused

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone get anything from the auction?

That Damascus Persian is beautiful