SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did anyone watch Roseanne?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did anyone watch Roseanne? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
That remark just can't be defended. It would get us an ass-chewing on the very board we're posting this on. See ya, Rosie, don't wanna be ya. Roll Eyes

It was mind numbing idiocy.

I actually never did get a chance to watch even a single minute of the new show. I certainly won't be bothering to now. Yup. Goodbye.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30467 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Seems any A-list, conservative and/or pro Trump entertainers are either too scared to admit it, or nucking futs.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
She should have used the Anderson Cooper/Joy Reid "I was hacked" or "I don't remember saying that" defense...It worked like a charm for them.

Tone-deaf MSNBC slammed for bringing on Joy Reid to discuss Roseanne Barr's social media slur

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...cial-media-slur.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Soooo this is ALL we will hear about for the next three days. Mad
Just like in the Starbucks debacle the ONLY reason we are hearing about it is because someone black is involved.
Getting tired of this shit.

Posts: 22965 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am no Roseanne fan, but this is an example of how the Liberal media can just declare something "racist" and then everyone just jumps on board and believes it is racist.

Every reference to primates is not necessarily racist. Look at all the "clever" and "witty" jokes about GWB and Trump. In fact, it seems to reveal a TRULY racist mentality to assume that a reference to Planet of the Apes is racist.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Stick a fork in her, she'd done. She's been Paula Deen'd. I was no Roseanne fan but its obvious that the media was just looking for a reason to destroy anyone who supports Trump. Message sent.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5420 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Im still dumbfounded at how many people in a position to make millions of dollars a year find the easiest ways to fuck that up for good. “Hmmm, everything is going really well, time to burn this shit down.”

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3454 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
Im still dumbfounded at how many people in a position to make millions of dollars a year find the easiest ways to fuck that up for good. “Hmmm, everything is going really well, time to burn this shit down.”

Yeah, pretty amazing isn't it. you can't fix...

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3770 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
... I didn't know Valerie Jarrett was black.

Just her mercenary little heart.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't really care what she said or who is offended by it. I just like watching the Shit Parade pass by. Not my doing. Not my problem. Not my world. {waves}

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
....its obvious that the media was just looking for a reason to destroy anyone who supports Trump...

Yep. When she mocked the National Anthem, the Left chuckled. When she trashed Christians, they applauded.

She is what she has always been, pure trash. Watching the Left reverse course on her now just highlights what they are.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't really care what she said or who is offended by it. I just like watching the Shit Parade pass by. Not my doing. Not my problem. Not my world. {waves}

My take as well. I had no allegiance with either side. Never watched the original show, never a fan of Roseanne, and I can't stand Jarrett. She is a muslim brotherhood shlep.

They both cancel each other out, AFAIC. Which all equals a Big Zero. Nothing.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16734 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
That remark just can't be defended. It would get us an ass-chewing on the very board we're posting this on. See ya, Rosie, don't wanna be ya. Roll Eyes

It was mind numbing idiocy.

This ^^^^^

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I actually never did get a chance to watch even a single minute of the new show.

I watched a bit of it we happened across one evening. *Yawn*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
She was always a bitch and that show always sucked ass.

Don’t care one bit that she’s too ignorant and stupid to interact in modern society.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The comment was amazingly stupid, but not all together unexpected given the source. I did however giggle when I read ABC's tweet where they claim her comments were "...inconsistent with our values". Ha. Everyone knows ABC has no values when it comes to moral or ethical issues.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Maybe that lop eared Stephen Colbert will talk about her for 10 seconds and not Trump on that shit they call a show on CBS.

Posts: 13024 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blame the cancellation on ABC, Roseanne or both of them but the first thing I thought about is all the innocent people working on the show, who are now out of work.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Blame the cancellation on ABC, Roseanne or both of them but the first thing I thought about is all the innocent people working on the show, who are now out of work.

Roseanne may be an asshole and an idiot, but how does the network justify firing hundreds of people because of something she Tweeted? Imagine this happening in the private sector. It would never happen. Just another example of how out of touch with the real world they are in Hollywood.

Posts: 2494 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
....its obvious that the media was just looking for a reason to destroy anyone who supports Trump...

Yep. When she mocked the National Anthem, the Left chuckled. When she trashed Christians, they applauded.
She is what she has always been, pure trash. Watching the Left reverse course on her now just highlights what they are.

Her humor has always been crass, and often not very funny. ABC can't claim they didn't know.
Yep, a double standard now because VJ was the target.

"muslim brotherhood and planet of the apes had a baby = VJ"
was actually kind of funny, IMO
Yes, I see how the "ape" reference could be taken as a racist comment, but it (Planet of the Apes) was a TV show, starring a white guy dressed up as an ape, and not everything is racist, and yet it's OK for blacks to say racial things about whites (and not get fired for it) but it's not OK to make fun of Valerie Jarrett... who actually did all she could for the muslim brotherhood ?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Ahh drugs were involved!

LOS ANGELES, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. comedian Roseanne Barr said she was tired of "being attacked and belittled" and blamed sleep aid Ambien for her tweet that compared a black former Obama administration official to an ape, a racist remark that sparked a wave of outrage.

Barr said in a series of Tweets on Tuesday and early on Wednesday that what she did was "unforgiveable" when she posted on Twitter that if the Islamist political movement "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby = vj," referring to Valerie Jarrett, a former aide to President Barack Obama.

"It was 2 in the morning and I was Ambien tweeting-it was memorial day too-i went 2 far & do not want it defended-it was egregious Indefensible," she wrote. "I made a mistake I wish I hadn't but...don't defend it please."

In other Tweets, Barr said that she was tired of "being attacked and belittled more than other comedians who have said worse" and asked for people not to boycott ABC, saying that the network has the right to "do what they wish."

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post