SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2017 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowl Game on Pg 14
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowl Game on Pg 14 Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Down to the wire!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Good Lord, KO Special teams so bad you give the ball to the other team at their 41?!?

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t matter

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Horribly annoying announcer. He should just put on an Ohio State hat in the booth.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Congrats to tOSU.

However, WTF was Franklin thinking? They were winning because they were playing their standard D, but then they put in the god awful "prevent" defense and give up 10 to 15 yards a pop and ultimately blow an 11 point lead. Eek

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23272 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
What a game. tOSU had no business wining that game. My daughter who is a senior was at the game. She was not happy most of the game. Funny though, she hasn't contacted me since the game ended Smile Probably has much better things to do!

Posts: 1773 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
I started drinking after the second OSU interception that the refs stole.

Amazing end of the game. PSU buttoned down the hatches and managed to prove that "protecting" a lead is the recipe for a loss.

Great game and JT Barrett was better than Saquon Barkley.

SB was bottled up the whole game with the exception of two plays. The kick off return and the 35 yard touchdown after the first ref stolen interception.

GO Bucks!!!!!

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
I started drinking after the second OSU interception that the refs stole.

Amazing end of the game. PSU buttoned down the hatches and managed to prove that "protecting" a lead is the recipe for a loss.

Great game and JT Barrett was better than Saquon Barkley.

SB was bottled up the whole game with the exception of two plays. The kick off return and the 35 yard touchdown after the first ref stolen interception.

GO Bucks!!!!!

Feel the same way about officiating in Nebraska/Purdue. I’m watching the B1G Referee Game of the Week—over and over again

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
PSU went way to conservative. Once OSU got a shot of success it was over. I did not expect that win!

Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
So I am camping in the wet and cold North Georgia mountains...did I miss anything today? Eek

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
1st time I've had to say it this year but coaching lost purdue that game. How the fuck do you let a 2nd rate qb throw for 400 yards? But it doesn't help that your WRs couldn't catch a cold.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Week 9 Wrap-up:
Quite a few upsets and close games today:
  • Rutgers @ UofM at 11:00 AM CDT on BTN - I was correct on UofM winning but failing to cover. Smart move by Harbaugh to bench O'Korn after he started off 3-6 for 13 yards and an INT. Peters comes in and 3 out of the next 4 drives result in TDs.
  • #5 WI @ IL at 11:00 AM CDT on ESPN - I was correct on the Badgers failing to cover, but wrong on the reason (freshman sensation Taylor leaving game in 2nd quarter for an injury).
  • #16 MSU @ NWU at 2:30 PM CDT on ESPN - I was correct that this game was going to be tight, but wrong on the victor. MSU missed a 32 yard field goal in the 4th quarter which would've prevented the OT. NWU won in triple OT.
  • IU @ MD at 2:30 PM CDT on BTN - The Terps ended their winning streak by eeking out a 42-39 win over IU.
  • #2 PSU @ #6 tOSU at 2:30 PM CDT on Fox - PSU jumped out to an early lead, but quit doing the things that got them there and gave tOSU momentum. tOSU overcame some very questionable calls to overcome the 18 lb defecit to win by 1.
  • MN @ IA at 5:30 PM CDT on FS1 - Didn't see it, and weren't many highlights on BTN's Final Drive. I was correct on them winning, but they fell in the no man's land of margin of victory since some odds services use full points instead of half points.
  • NE @ Purdue at 6:30 PM CDT on BTN - My Boilermakers looked good for 3 quarters. Late in the 4th Brohm inexplicably switched to a damned prevent defense letting the Cornhuskers march down the field in 5 plays and on the 7th play go ahead with 14 seconds left. This loss chafes my ass more than the Rutgers loss.

Kudos:
  • UofM's RB Higdon for 158 yards rushing and 2 TDs
  • UofM's back-up QB Peters for 124 yards passing for 1 TD. Doesn't sound like much, but 71.4% completion rate, 1 sack, and 0 INTs is the type of game management the Wolverines need.
  • Wisconsin's Deiter for a 4 yard TD reception as near as I can tell he is the only 328 pounder to do so today.
  • NWU's Thorson for 356 yards passing for 2 TDs and 0 INTs plus a rushing TD.
  • tOSU's JT Barrett for 328 yards passing for 4 TDs and rushed for another 95 yards. Defintely made a statement for the Heisman committee.
  • NE's Tanner Lee for 436 yards passing for 2 TDs and 0 INTs.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23272 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Week 10:
    7 Big Ten Matchups today including 1 marquee matchup:
  • #9 WI @ IU at 11:00 AM CDT on ABC - The Badgers are 11.5 to 13 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. IU has a little Jeckyll and Hyde going on with ranked teams this season and either plays a tight 7 or 8 point game or gets obliterated by 28 to 31. If Taylor was healthy, I'd put the Badgers as the type of team to obliterate IU, but since he is questionable I'm going with Badgers to win but fail to cover.
  • #7 PSU @ #24 MSU at 11:00 AM CDT on FOX - This is today's marquee Big Ten matchup and the Nittany Lions are 9.5 to 10.5 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. I think PSU jumps out to an early lead, and a combination of MSU not having the offensive horsepower to catch-up and more importantly Franklin learned his lesson on putting in a GD prevent defense when having a lead. PSU wins and easily covers.
  • IL @ Purdue at 11:00 AM CDT on BTN - My Boilermakers are unanimously 14 point favorites. Coach Brohm gave us hope of a bowl game in his first season a la Tiller, but they've been on a 3 game skid. The Illini are the worst team in the Big Ten and the perfect opponent to get momentum switched back in the right direction as they need to win 3 out of the last 4 to be bowl eligible. I think Brohm learned his lesson on putting in a GD prevent defense and the Boilers will close one out this week. Purdue wins but fails to cover.
  • MD @ Rutgers at 2:30 PM CDT on BTN - The Terps are unanimously 3.5 point favorites. Rutgers has been playing much better recently, and the Terps are terribly inconsistent. I'm going with the upset (i.e. Rutgers wins).
  • #6 tOSU @ IA at 2:30 PM CDT on ESPN - The Buckeyes are 19 to 20 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. The Hawkeyes only lost by 2 to PSU, and I think the D will keep this one from being a blowout. Buckeyes win but fail to cover.
  • NWU @ NE at 2:30 PM CDT on BTN - The Wildcats are 2.5 to 3 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. I certainly wouldn't want to get into a tight game (especially OT) with NWU as they've won 2 straight in OT. Wildcats win and cover.
  • MN @ UofM at 6:30 PM CDT on FOX - The Wolverines are 15 to 15.5 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. Historically, this has been a wild, high scoring game. Statistically both teams are a dead heat offensively and defensively, but the stats are misleading because in the last 2 weeks UofM learned to block for Higdon and Harbaugh finally benched O'Korn. Additionally, the Gophers are predominately a rushing team and UofM has a good rush defense. UofM wins and covers.

Notice that rankings are playoff committee ranks not AP like past weeks. WI and MSU are getting screwed over currently with their rankings, and until proven otherwise the Badgers should be Top 4. I agree with UofM being unranked and tOSU AND PSU being on the cusp of the Top 4.

•  
    I believe in the
    principle of
    Due Process
    Picture of JALLEN
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    #6 tOSU @ IA at 2:30 PM CDT on ESPN - The Buckeyes are 19 to 20 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. The Hawkeyes only lost by 2 to PSU, and I think the D will keep this one from being a blowout. Buckeyes win but fail to cover.

Holy smokes!

Whahappened to OSU?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    SIGforum Official
    Eye Doc
    Picture of bcereuss
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by JALLEN:
    Holy smokes!

Whahappened to OSU?

Did they play today?

Posts: 2938 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Glorious SPAM!
    Picture of mbinky
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Holy smokes!
    Whahappened to OSU?

Ugg...we lost....54-24..upsetting to say the least...

SIGforum Official
    Eye Doc
    Picture of bcereuss
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by mbinky:
    quote:
    Holy smokes!
    Whahappened to OSU?

Ugg...we lost....54-24..upsetting to say the least...

Come on now...don’t try to make it sound closer than it was.

Razz

Posts: 2938 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Glorious SPAM!
    Picture of mbinky
    posted Hide Post
    Lol and I was so egging on my friend from Penn State last week...back when OSU could win...

Flying Sergeant
    posted Hide Post
    Wow, what a couple of upsets. Those two looked like world beaters last week.
    It's awesome the Badgers keep winning, but if they have any hope of the final 4, they have to win out. Strength of schedule is not in their favor this year.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Week 10 Wrap-up:
    Wow! What a day! 2 huge upsets that change the college playoff picture.
  • #9 WI @ IU at 11:00 AM CDT on ABC - I was right on the Badgers winning, but wrong on Taylor being questionnable and it being a close game. WI got off to a slow start in the 1st quarter, but dominated the rest of the game. Taylor played and was impressive (more later).
  • #7 PSU @ #24 MSU at 11:00 AM CDT on FOX - This game earned its marquee matchup in this tight game with 3 lead changes. Boy was I wrong on this being a PSU blowout as the Sparties shock everybody by bouncing back from last week's heart breaking triple OT loss.
  • IL @ Purdue at 11:00 AM CDT on BTN - Tight first half (Purdue lead 13-10), but it was all Boilermakers in the 2nd half. Boy was I glad to be wrong on failing to cover. Purdue really needed a lopsided win, and needs to build on it to take 2 out of the next 3 to be bowl eligible. Congrats on their first November win since 2012. On a different note, I'm ticked at the review booth for overturning the targeting call that injured Purdue's QB when his knee was already down (the call on the field was correct the the Illini defender should've been tossed) and even the announcers and rules guru back at BTN were shocked at the overturn.
  • MD @ Rutgers at 2:30 PM CDT on BTN - I pegged the upset (i.e. Rutgers wins). I didn't see a minute of it, but good on Rutgers for the 4th down stop with 51 seconds left to seal the victory.
  • #6 tOSU @ IA at 2:30 PM CDT on ESPN - Holy shit! The Hawkeyes shock the world and beat the Buckeyes by a larger margin of victory than they beat the hapless Illini. I was correct on the spread but sure missed picking the winner. I was out shooting skeet, but from the highlights it looks like tOSU played like a bunch of tossers today. Barrett gave up 4 INTs (1 a pick 6) which the Hawkeyes turned into 17 points. Barrett's Heisman hopes are likely as dashed as the Buckeye playoff hopes.
  • NWU @ NE at 2:30 PM CDT on BTN - I was correct on the Wildcats winning and covering. Highlights look like it was a nice, close game and the Cornhuskers even lead over 12 minutes of the 2nd half. Where the heck was this Lee (3 INTs and 225 yards passing like most of the season) last week versus Purdue?
  • MN @ UofM at 6:30 PM CDT on FOX - As expected UofM won and covered, Peters was an effective game manager, and UofM had another good rushing performance.

Kudos:
  • The Badgers for making a nice statement after being dissed by the Playoff committee.
  • Badger's freshman sensation for bouncing back from injury for 174 yards rushing with 1 TD
  • MSU's team for pulling off the big upset
  • MSU's QB Lewerke for 400 yards passing for 2 TDs (1 INT though)
  • MSU's WR Davis III for 181 yards receiving and 1 TD
  • Iowa's team for pulling off the big upset
  • Iowa's QB Stanley for 226 yards passing with 5 TDs
  • NWU's RB Jackson for 154 yards rushing with a TD. He is well on his way to his 4th 1000 yard season at NWU.
  • NWU's QB Thorson for 2 rushing TDs including the one to seal the OT victory.
  • UofM's RB Higdon for 200 yards rushing and 2 TDs

•