SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2017 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowl Game on Pg 14
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowl Game on Pg 14 Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
As a Michigan fan, that was a terrible performance. 23 unanswered points?

I wish the Coach all the best, I thought he was the answer to the question. I hope they give him another year or two.

Congratulations to South Carolina!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
Leave it to Michigan to screw it up for the B1G. What an awful collapse..
To quote a buddy who is a MSU alumni, "Harbaugh can’t get it done and I love it."

I am an alum from MSU from a family of Michigan fans. I am not really concerned whether he 'can get it done'. I am however heartily sick of the hype machine that's been running on hyperdrive about this guy for the past several years. I sincerely hope he gets whatever he earns (not being sarcastic). I have no issue with fans who are enthusiastic about their coach when it is earned and deserved, but stories about how Harbaugh put gatorade on his cereal because he forgot his milk, how he had a sleepover with a recruit (creepy...) and seeing articles about his wifes gynecologist prognosticating game outcomes, all true but just the tip of the iceberg, are absolutely ridiculous especially given the results on he field. Didn't break my heart to see the Wolverines lose although I was pulling for them to preserve the B1G run in the bowls.

Posts: 2552 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Well, leave it to the Walmart Wolverines to screw up the Big Ten's perfect bowl season. 7-1 is still an incredible bowl season.

As far as Harbaugh, this year's team exceeded all reasonable expectations since this year they only returned 5 starters (i.e. another recruiting screw up by Brady Hoke). There is a lot to build on (e.g. 6 sophomore starters that earned all Big Ten honors, true freshman starting at QB, the QB transfer Harbaugh scored, etc). IMO, Harbaugh gets a pass on this season, but if they don't get 10 wins next year then complaints are legit.

10 wins?? Notre Dame will whip them in the opener. Then there's Wisconsin, Penn State, Michigan State and, um, Ohio State. Eek

I have my M.A and Ph.D. from Michigan, and I couldn't bear to watch the bowl game today. All I could think was, "Wait. These two teams made it to a bowl??" Pathetic football.

Michigan will be 8-4 next season, at best. More likely 7-5. The fans will bitch and moan. Sportswriters will tear into Harbaugh. But at 9 Mil a year, he'll stay on and the U of M Athletic Dept. will support him. Roll Eyes

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23273 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Tator.

LOL!

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Great year and a great thread all around. A little less than 9 months and we can do it again!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Im predicting now that Tate Martel will be the next Buckeye's QB.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TKO:
Im predicting now that Tate Martel will be the next Buckeye's QB.

I like what I’ve seen from Haskins.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Me too, but he isn't as big a threat to run the ball and Martel is electric. I don't see them revamping the offense around a passer as deep as they are at tailback.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Great Thread once again.

How long will Khaki man get to stay in Ann Arbor?

The last 3 coaches have made Sparty and Brutus very happy.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an observer of U of M football for many years, I come from a family of Michigan fans, and a State grad I am really surprised at the trajectory of Harbaughs program. The ridiculous hype is one thing, but the lack of improvement in long standing areas of concern with Michigan football is a real puzzler especially when you compare it to what Harbaugh built at Stanford.

The quarterback situation is an absolute joke and has been for quite some time even before Harbaugh, but not as bad as the offensive line woes that have plagued the Wolverines for about a decade! The lack of player development leaves me scratching my head as well. Michigan had 9 td passes the whole year, with only three going to wide receivers?? Maybe Harbaugh should actually employ a wide receiver coach? While the defense is at times stellar, it has faded at the end of the last two years and hasn't fared too well against teams that are actually pretty good. It also has faded at the end of games too, and has been very susceptible to misdirection plays. A supposedly elite defense giving up 23 unanswered points to a mediocre, offensively challenged South Carolina team in about a quarter and a half?? I know....short field, turn-overs..... Still, an elite defense overcomes these obstacles.

Look....teams lose games. It happens. However the number of games Michigan has lost and in the manner in which they have lost them is really disconcerting. If some improvement has been seen in the areas of obvious concern is actually evident then I might feel more confident in the job Harbaugh is doing. It just isn't there. If the team also actually showed some mental toughness I would feel better about the future also. And there is something to be said about a team having to learn how to win.

Posts: 2552 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bowl match ups this year were very good evenly matched teams and great to see Big Ten go 7 and 1.
I understand that the BG10 wanted to make an impact on the east coast after Rutgers and Maryland joined but linking up to a bowl game in NYC in the winter is just plain stupid.
The big draw outside of watching your team play is a break for the Midwest weather and the IOWA fans showed their distaste for the Pinstripe bowl by not buying tickets.
On a note about 2018 2 Iowa players have announced for NFL draft and they will be hard
to replace. James Daniels and Josh Jackson.

Posts: 134 | Location: HENDERSON, NEVADA | Registered: December 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post