SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2017 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowl Game on Pg 14
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2017 Big Ten Football Thread - NYD Bowl Game on Pg 14 Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Mike Riley needs any help packing?

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
He may find his office packed when he gets in the locker room after the game. Arkansas fired Bielema, former WI coach, today before the post-game conference, and Riley may get the same.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a Letterman at the Univ of Michigan. Am therefore a true Michigan fan. But, I am not gonna watch today's game against tOSU. It is just too sad for me to see my beloved U-M team being beat again by tOSU. FrownFrown
Instead, I am going to go and hang out at the local hipster coffee shop and read a book.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
He may find his office packed when he gets in the locker room after the game. Arkansas fired Bielema, former WI coach, today before the post-game conference, and Riley may get the same.

Yeah, and Bielema is already mentioned as a back-up plan should Scott Frost decline Nebraska’s offer. Jeez, I hope not.

I knew all this, but USA Today sums up the futility nicely:
quote:
The Huskers (4-8, 3-6) lost four straight to end the season, finished with their fewest wins since 1961 and lost five home games for the first time since 1957. Nebraska gave up 50 points in three straight games to end the season and four times in all — both firsts in the program’s 128-year history.

Riley is 19-19 in three seasons, with last year’s loss at Iowa starting a 10-losses-in-14-games slide. The Huskers have dropped 12 of 18 since opening last season 7-0 and ranked No. 7.

Posts: 13303 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, ESPN said that Frost is in contention for the vacancy at Florida.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23319 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Boiler Up!

SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
I was a Letterman at the Univ of Michigan. Am therefore a true Michigan fan. But, I am not gonna watch today's game against tOSU. It is just too sad for me to see my beloved U-M team being beat again by tOSU. FrownFrown
Instead, I am going to go and hang out at the local hipster coffee shop and read a book.

I bet they'll have the game on!

I'm a Buckeye fan, have my doctorate from there, and I'm a little nervous about the Buckeyes' chances today. Stranger things have happened...and it is at "The Big House."

Posts: 2939 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Boiler Up!

Meanwhile, in NCAA basketball, my Arizona Wildcats, who started the week ranked #2 in the country , dropped their third straight to your Boilermakers. Obviously, Zona is not as talented as we thought they were.

posted Hide Post
I don’t have any dogs in this fight but, I am watching the Mich. Ohio State game. Just a great tradition and rivalry.

However, man... there is some crappy officiating in this game. And, like ESPN it seems to be going in favor of OSU.

Posts: 4067 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am an OSU alumni.

I have never really been a follower of the football team. I follow their Rugby and Baseball team more than anything. I have always been an SEC fan.

Even with that being said I always watch the OSU vs Michigan game.

I starting watching the game at the end of the 1st quarter.

I am enjoying the game and I feel it has been one of the better games over the last few years. But I do have to agree with 357fuzz, there have been some awful calls/and quite a few no calls.

I will finish this game out and then watch part of the Alabama vs Auburn game.

I am hoping watching the games will help me wind down so I can get some sleep before reporting to work at 2100hrs.

(My body is going to take a while to get adjusted to sleeping days. It has been years since I worked this shift)

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. MRAP I think we are right.

However, I do have a dog in this fight... go Iowa State!!! But, cripes 3 holding calls in one drive!!! Evidentially the stripes like K State!!!! Come on... that is almost as many as they have had all season.

Posts: 4067 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The whole Michigan team played well, except O'Korn. I'm sure he gave it his best effort, but he just doesn't have it. The offensive line was better than they have been all season. The defense was excellent, especially in the first half. But again and again, when O'Korn had to come through, he did not.

Harbaugh is now 1 and 5 against Ohio State and Michigan State. I don't fault him for any part of this game, but he pulls in 9 million, a few of his coordinators earn 1 million... an 8 - 4 season is not what they are being paid big bucks to deliver.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The Old Oaken Bucket is back home where it belongs!

Purdue is bowl bound and the Lafayette J&C says the possibilities are :
  • FOSTER FARMS in Santa Clara, CA, on 12/27
  • QUICK LANE in Detroit, MI, ON 12/26
  • NEW ERA PINSTRIPE in New York, NY, on 12/27
  • Music City in Nashville, TN, on 12/29

•  
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by justjoe:

Harbaugh is now 1 and 5 against Ohio State and Michigan State.

LOL. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

Posts: 2491 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
    Picture of TKO
    posted Hide Post
    Just finished watching (DVR, had to work) and while OSU didnt play well the lack of good QB play for Michigan cost them the game. If they have their starter in, OSU loses IMO.

Eerie how history may be repeating itself. Wisconsin beats OSU next week though if they dont play any better.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
    Picture of TKO
    posted Hide Post
    L - IA at NE - I like Nebraska at home in this game
    L - OSU at UofM - Michigan to win.
    W - IU at Purdue - Taking Purdue on this one and cover
    W - PSU at MD - Penn State in a blow out
    W - WI at MN - I like the Badger to win and cover late
    W - (predicting) MSU at Rutgers - MSU wins and covers
    W - NWU at IL - NWU wins and covers

Ill take a 5-2 weekend, though Michigan technically won with the point spread!

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    I saw a postgame interview with O'Korn and he broke down in tears. I feel bad for the kid, he played his heart out and did his best. The responsibility for Michigan's 8-4 season, and 1-5 against OSU, goes to Harbaugh and his entire overpaid staff.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Week 13 Wrap-up:
    I finished 7-0 in win/loss and 5-2 against the spread.
  • IA at NE at 3:00 CST on FS1 - This one got ugly. As expected Iowa won and covered.
  • tOSU at UofM at 11:00 CST on Fox - Looked like a good game from the highlights (I was watching Purdue) thru 3 quarters. As expected, Wolverine lost with O'Korn under center. Speaking of QBs, Barrett left the game but the team pulled off the come back victory without him. I was correct on Buckeyes winning but missed by 1 point on covering.
  • IU at Purdue at 11:00 CST on ESPN2 - this game was absolutely awesome for Boilermaker fans. New coach, 1st game victory against IU, and bowl berth. It was actually a blowout until the 4th quarter when IU recovered an on-side kick and the defense who had been oustanding ran out of gas between the onside kick and the Offense making 1 first down in the 4th quarter. I was correct on my Boilermakers winning and covering.
  • PSU at MD at 2:30 CST on BTN - This one got ugly. As expected PSU won and covered by half-time (22 point spread).
  • WI at MN at 3:00 CST on ABC - As expected, the Badgers shutdown the Gophers run-centric offense, Badgers won, and Badgers covered.
  • MSU at Rutgers at 3:00 CST on Fox - As expected MSU's defense shutdown Rutgers and MSU won. What was unexpected in the Sparties O made a rare appearance which means I was wrong on the spread (I predicted MSU wouldn't cover).
  • NWU at IL at 3:00 CST on FS1 - As expected NWU dominated both sides of the ball which translated to the Wildcats winning and covering (I predicted both).

Kudos:
  • The entire Wisconsin Badgers organization (players, coaches, grad assistants, front office, trainers, etc) on an undefeated regular season.
  • The Badgers' defense held the Gophers to 133 total yards and only 93 rushing yards.
  • The Badgers' QB Hornibrook passed for 151 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs after a week of being maligned in the media as the team's weak link
  • The Badgers' RB Taylor who had yet another big day - 149 yards rushing and 1 TD. Although, the true freshman did have another fumble.
  • Iowa's QB Stanley who had 192 yards passing for 2 TDs and 0 INTs
  • Iowa's RB Wadley who had 159 yards rushing for 3 TDs
  • Iowa's WR Fant who had 116 receiving yards for 2 TDs
  • tOSU's QB Haskins who came in for the injured Barrett and brought his team back from behind. The young man passed solidly, had a few runs, and most importantly didn't make any big mistakes.
  • Purdue's RB Jones for 217 yards rushing. The junior practically put the team on his shoulders in the 3rd quarter.
  • Purdue's QB Sindelar for 159 yards passing, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, and lead his team to victory over IU.
  • Purdue's entire organization (players, coaches, grad assistants, front office, trainers, etc) for their turn-around. Under previous coach in 4 seasons they had 0 bowl games, 0 victories over IU, and only 3 Big Ten wins. Under 1 season with Coach Brohm they already have 4 Big Ten wins, 1 victory over IU, and a bowl berth.
  • PSU's Back-up QB Stevens who rushed for 113 yards, 3 rushing TDs, passed for 11 yards, 1 passing TD, and 0 INTs.
  • PSU's starting QB McSorley who threw for 237 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, rushed for 36 yards, and 1 rushing TD
  • MSU's QB Lewerke who passed for 222 yards (11x more than last week), 1 TD, 0 INTs, rushed for 56 yards, and 1 rushing TD.
  • MSU's Defense for holding Rutgers to 112 total yards of offense, 1.2 yards per catch, and forced 3 turnovers.
  • NWU's offensive line who lead the way for 308 yard rushing adn 4 rushing TDs by 4 different backs.
  • NWU's RB Jackson who had 144 yards rushing and 1 TD. That puts him at 5,283 rushing yards in his 4 years of starting at NWU making him the #4 in Big Ten history (surpassed Montee Ball and 16 yards behind Anthony Thompson), and #12 in FBS history (just surpassed Herschel Walker). With the bowl game he has a real shot at #10 in FBS history.

As far as season predictions, if y'all will look back on page 1 you'll see that I predicted a tOSU vs Wisconsin Big Ten Championship.

•  
    Picture of Kuglespritz
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by justjoe:
    I saw a postgame interview with O'Korn and he broke down in tears. I feel bad for the kid, he played his heart out and did his best. The responsibility for Michigan's 8-4 season, and 1-5 against OSU, goes to Harbaugh and his entire overpaid staff.

I don't feel sorry for O'(interception) Korn. He blew the game against Michigan State with interceptions and was absolutely terrible in his passing and decision making against OSU today. And at 23 years old, he's no kid.

Posts: 754 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Flying Sergeant
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks tatortodd on another year of the Big Ten. Nice job on the prediction, who wins? I hope my Badgers can play an awesome game, and slide into the playoffs. I need to see a national championship before I croak!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post