SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
SheJac need to go over there personally and through her weight around.

HK Ag

Posts: 3494 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

HK Ag

heck yeah i'd love to see that

maybe we'd get lucky and they'd keep her Smile

----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I wonder how Russian prisons compare with Turkish ones?

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3431 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's got a history of not following rules and thinking she's the most important person in a room. Broke the law well after the State Dept issued warnings to US citizens to get out of the country, now that there's war, not much can be done with a shrunken diplomatic staff in-country. She can go cool down for awhile and learn some perspective.

Posts: 14562 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:

HK Ag

heck yeah i'd love to see that

maybe we'd get lucky and they'd keep her Smile

----------------------

We aren't that lucky. It would be a "The Ransom of Red Chief" scenario.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 715 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
I had never heard of this person. But when Sheila Jackson-Lee gets involved in an issue, I automatically take the opposite side. Same goes for Gloria Allred.

That is an excellent gut reaction to have.
Same here. Sheila Jackson Lee is the biggest embarrassment that Texas has. She's even worse than Beto.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

Sheila Jackson Lee is the biggest embarrassment that Texas has. She's even worse than Beto.

flashguy

No doubt. She actually got elected.

Posts: 3368 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doubtful but perhaps her experience in the Russian justice system will give her a better perspective and respect for the country she was blessed to be born in.

Posts: 1617 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Is Snowden still over there too?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

Yep. Was awarded permanent resident status in 2020, and has applied for Russian citizenship.

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

Yep. Was awarded permanent resident status in 2020, and has applied for Russian citizenship.

It's a bold strategy, Cotton............

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Wait until she finds out how they treat gays over there.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think SheJack has read the tea leaves. She has fallen silent on this issue since her initial outburst.

Or maybe it didn't get her on TV enough.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Wait until she finds out how they treat gays over there.

Women's prisons there are no safer than men's facilities. But the bigger shock will be if she's being held in a smaller, regional pretrial detention block and the jailers decide "Ah. She likes women? We put her with other people who like women" and toss her in with male street-life detainees.

No, this isn't fiction, and not all that unusual.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A simple search and the results are pretty grim

The brutal treatment of women in Russian prisons

Posts: 14562 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

I guess I should feel sorry for her. But, for some reason, I don't.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10695 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Can they do a prisoner exchange with Jackson.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:

I guess I should feel sorry for her. But, for some reason, I don't.

She looks like she likes it rough…..should fit right in

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4559 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s one sobering article. We should kiss the ground we walk on.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I was sitting in the Ford dealer today and this woman’s story came up on the TV…

I noticed that they said she “had been detained” for alleged drugs…
Ummm I’m thinking she was arrested for drug trafficking and some politician from another country isn’t gonna make a bit of difference to the ruskies. He he.

After I chuckled to myself I asked the lady to change the channel off of msnbc to something that wasn’t propaganda. She just looked at me funny-and my courtesy ride appeared out of thin air.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11243 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post