SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Female basketball player breaks the law in Russia, but have no fear- Sheila Jackson Lee is DEMANDING her release Login/Join 
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
I bet her prison team goes 24-0 now.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I bet she will still hate our country but for not being able to get her released. She will change her narrative to “if I was a rich white man, I would’ve been released” or some other shit. The thing about leftists is they never take personal responsibility, it’s always someone else’s fault. I hope she serves all 9 years and they’re harsh years. A compromise I wouldn’t mind seeing is splitting that sentence with some of the other woke athletes who hate America such as LeChina James. They can each do 4.5 years in general population in a Russian prison.

America is a country so racist and oppressive that people refuse to leave despite having no laws forcing them to stay.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's going to like the taste of prison brewed Vodka over the next few months....

Frankly, we should get Snowden as part of any deal so he can enjoy the SuperMax in Colorado for a few decades.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that she has been sentenced will she be sent to a prison rather than jail?

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Stay positive, Britt. Think of it as me time.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t care how long she is in jail as long as they keep her ass for more than a day. I hope they keep her all 9!

Posts: 1743 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And I hope they don't give her credit for the months she's been in jail.

If she never again glimpses American shores, I'd be just fine with that. It would be just one less spoiled, entitled, ungrateful America-hating leftist in this country.

She may be swapped. Then again, she may not be swapped. Either way, you can bet your bottom dollar that she's crying in her cell right now. Now she sees what an oppressive country is really like, and that is justice.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
The thing about leftists is they never take personal responsibility, it’s always someone else’s fault.
Oh DAYUM!!! PREACH IT, Brother!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:

Dunno, I'm thinking in a Russian Prison, there is probably a lot of "us time"

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10921 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Reality is a bitch and her stripper name is Karma...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Is it possible this conviction is for show, the prisoner swap will go down later. This would prop up Biden and his agenda to diminish our country. The Russki's benefit without firing a shot and come across as willing to listen to reason. Win-win.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's definitely for show . This is posturing .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The prisoner swap will occur, 9 years for cannabis charge, will give the Potatus a reason to trade a homicidal maniac for a lesbian, black, leftist, American hating douchebag, whoose only skill is she can bounce a rubber ball.

Potatus will give her the Presidential Medal of Freedom in the Rose Garden once she’s back in the country she loathes.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think Putin is trying to harass us, due to our support for Ukraine. IMO he does not realize that 95% of us here are thrilled that she is detained in Russia.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Pooty Poot has all the bargaining chips and his opponent got lost going to the table.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8341 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:

Ha.

We may swap for her later, but we shouldn't. She is a common criminal/idiot. I'd swap a spy for a spy - a spy is working for us, not just playing stupid games.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
The prisoner swap will occur, 9 years for cannabis charge, will give the Potatus a reason to trade a homicidal maniac for a lesbian, black, leftist, American hating douchebag, whoose only skill is she can bounce a rubber ball.

But all those voting blocks are already voting Dem.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No one knows what's going to happen. She may very well end up spending years in prison.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Let's take a ride on the Excuse Caboose!

CNN’s Bash blames wage gap for Griner arrest, claims player wouldn't have been in Russia if WNBA paid like NBA

The NBA subsidizes the WNBA to keep it alive, because nobody cares about women's pro basketball. Want pay equal to the NBA? Then, start playing at that level, attract the same size crowds, sell as much merchandise, etc.

That's never going to happen. The WNBA is a virtue-signalling joke, filled with untalented women. By all rights, the WNBA shouldn't exist as a business entity, because it sells an undesirable product and cannot sustain itself.

Oh, and all of that excuses the fact that Griner knowingly committed a crime in a foreign nation, huh?

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post