SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will we ever know the full truth of JFK's assassination?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Will we ever know the full truth of JFK's assassination? Login/Join 
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
On a lot of topics especially those that have no direct impact on my immediate or near future circumstances, I'm fine with uncertainty and ambiguity.

I stayed at a Best Western close to the JFK museum in Dallas but was unable to get tickets and we were planning on staying there just one day.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19637 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Report This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Why hold any documentation back at all, especially now?

What conceivable real concern can there be?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Concealment of government ineptitude. Furthermore, President Two Scoops has not the slightest idea what day it is, much less, the contents of those documents.

Posts: 107465 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Good question, especially if it was just a lone nut....what's so secret about that ?? Government ineptitude ???...not a secret either....jmo

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
It was the cigarette smoking man.

No, it was The Comedian.

Posts: 2659 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:

Good question, especially if it was just a lone nut....what's so secret about that ?? Government ineptitude ???...not a secret either....jmo
This is one of the ways people develop conspiracy theories- they don't have an answer for some question or other, they reject theories offered by others, and then, they conclude that what they don't know and don't understand must mean there is a conspiracy.

Kennedy was a Democrat who was assassinated. Do you think Democrats want any new information put out about this? But, this idea, too, will be rejected.

Everything anyone needs to know to understand the truth of what happened has long been available- decades. But, since no one trusts the government anymore, the glaring truth must not be the truth. In this case, it is the truth. Sorry, but anyone who looks at the evidence already knows what happened. There is no mystery.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Concealment of government ineptitude.

I'm not disagreeing and definitely not a conspiracy sort, it just seems strange that multiple Administrations, of both Parties, keep keeping it secret, year after year after decade... what vested common interest do they all really have, especially given the likelyhood it was no conspiracy at all.

The fuck can it even say...? That they seriously blamed Aliens or something equally retarded? Or something so basic that it simply deeply impugns the Secret Service? Or that we deployed subs to Vladivostok in case it was the Ruskies? Like you said, in an Occam's Razor sense, surely it's basic bullshit.

Seems utterly pointless, keeling it hidden, so many years later.

Anyway. A passing curiosity, nothing more.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Interesting thought. (Your last response).

Cool.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's just like with James Earl Ray and Martin Luther King. No one can accept that some white trash loser brought down such a towering figure. clubleaf alluded to this earlier in this thread.
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
Benjamin Franklin told us that for three people to keep a secret, two of them will have to be dead. I watched a program where someone explained that people couldn’t (wouldn’t?) accept what had happened due to the opinion they held of JFK, they had placed him in a unrealistically high position and he was going to be doing monumental things, so they believed, so it had to be equally monumental forces in play and simply won’t accept anything else, it just doesn’t fit with their narrative, however flawed that may be.
Sirhan Sirhan killed Robert Kennedy.

Marilyn Monroe committed suicide.

Americans walked on the moon on six separate occasions.

It's all boringly true.

The same goes for Ruby, who was simply crazy. I know the answers to the following questions I posed in that thread I linked to. Do you know the answers to these questions regarding Ruby killing Oswald?

• What time was Oswald scheduled to be transferred on the day he was murdered?

• What time did Oswald actually enter the police garage?

• What time did Jack Ruby enter the police garage?

• What path did he take to enter?

• Why was he in the area in the first place?

• You don't think this was a spontaneous, emotional act on the part of the (verifiably) unstable Ruby? Tell me, then- what did he leave in his car before he walked to the police garage?

There are facts- not opinions, not speculation- facts in evidence answering all these questions.
  •  
    posted Hide Post
    On the other hand, how likely was it that Oswald, or someone like him, happened to work in a building directly above the motorcade path? Was that an incredible coincidence, or something else?

Also, is there any truth to this:

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    It's all boringly true.

^^^^^^^^
    Yes it is. There are plenty of other murders, assassinations etc. on which to speculate. This is getting tiresome. There are some great unsolved mysteries out there, the JFK murder is not one. Gabby Petito is not a mystery either.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by c1steve:
    On the other hand, how likely was it that Oswald, or someone like him, happened to work in a building directly above the motorcade path? Was that an incredible coincidence, or something else?
    It was merely a coincidence. Again, you don't know the answer to your question, and instead of picking the most likely answer, you fabricate a conspiracy. You've chosen to view all of this through the wrong end of the binoculars.
    quote:
    You're asking a question that was answered more than four decades ago.

The diagram is wrong. Two words: jump seat. Does that mean anything to you? I imagine that since it's apparent you haven't bothered to do any actual research on this incident in the 16 months since you last commented on it, you don't know what I'm referring to.

Picture of cyanide357
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Report This Post
    Freethinker
    Picture of sigfreund
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by c1steve:

No, absolutely not as has been explained more than once by reputable sources. Simply ridiculous.

Not that anyone who has made up his mind would be interested, but for the others, I highly recommend the book Reclaiming History or the excerpt Four Days in November by Vincent Bugliosi. The former isn’t perfect (an M16 will “blow a man’s head off”), but it’s the best account I’ve read of the murder and the countless claims about it.

And something else I've posted before:

We have a government that hasn’t been able to get rid of a two-bit, tin pot cigar-smoking dictator not 90 miles from our shores for the same 40+ years even under the (temporary) leadership of the only President who was anointed by Our Lady Herself; it got shown the door with its tail between its legs by a miniscule country of nuc mam-swilling rice farmers; its top intelligence agency has been penetrated time and again by spies from every enemy and nominally-friendly country on the planet, but not one has been terminated with extreme prejudice; the same agency’s most sensitive operations have been exposed by the likes of ship’s bilge cleaners, not to mention its own agents who might as well have taken out a full page ad in the Washington Post saying, “I’m a spy” by the amount of discretion they showed; its top police agency supposedly had incriminating files on every politician, entertainer, news reader, and every other person of importance in the country, and yet couldn’t keep the embarrassing stuff secret; every presidential Administration has done something incredibly stupid—usually more than once—and gotten caught every time, thereby proving that not one of them learned any of the lessons taught to its predecessors; has spent vast amounts of money on every conceivable social problem with nothing to show for it except stupider students, more welfare recipients, more people in jail for meaningless “crimes,” and a generally less self-reliant citizenry; and that’s just the obvious stuff.

And yet this same government managed the following during that same period: conspired with the Mafia, the anti-Castro Cubans, big oil, the CIA, FBI, Secret Service, Joint Chiefs, Dallas Police Department, Jack Ruby, and half of everyone else who was alive in November 1963 to successfully kill JFK (not to mention his brother and MLK a few years later); convinced the entire country (but not Red China—those wily folks knew better all along) that a tawdry film studio production was actually a successful space exploration program costing billions of dollars and involving thousands of people over years; and, most recently, orchestrated the most successful attack on American soil since 1812 in the events of 9/11, to include convincing the folks on flight 93 to fight back against their hijackers so no one would notice that the aircraft was actually blown to flinders by a Sidewinder missile fired from a U.S. warplane, and got everyone to blame a bunch of innocent (if perhaps slightly misguided) Muslim fanatics for the job.

Here’s my question: Did all this stuff really happen, or am I just having a long, disturbing nap?

Or:
    “Hey, Ruby, this is Joe.”

“Hi, Joe. What’s up?”

“They’re going to be transporting that Oswald guy in a few minutes. I want you to run over there and kill him. You’ve still got that snub-nose loaded with .38 round nose bullets—right?”

“Sure do. I’ll be happy to commit a murder on live TV while surrounded by cops and either go to the electric chair or spend the rest of my life in prison for you, Joe. Will you look after my hookers when I’m gone?”

“Of course, Jack. Don’t miss, now.”

“I’ll do my best. I haven’t ever shot anyone before, though, and I don’t know much about anatomy. One shot to the chest should do it, right: I don’t have to shoot more than once?”

“That’ll do it, Jack. One body shot with a low-powered revolver will kill them every time. Trust me; I’m a trained, experienced assassin myself and I know about such things.”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
    — Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
    His diet consists of black
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post

Posts: 27921 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by cas:
    This thread itself is the perfect example of why you will never know.
    cas, I would like to know what you meant by this remark.

Picture of erj_pilot
    posted Hide Post
    Well...those guys on the grassy knoll or behind the fence in the train yard are long dead by now. Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
    Picture of Pyker
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Mr. Rate: Whoever took that shot's probably dead now. That's how conspiracy works. Them boys on the grassy knoll, they were dead within three hours. Buried in the damn desert. Unmarked graves out past Terlingua.

Nick Memphis: And you know this for a fact?

Mr. Rate: Still got the shovel!
    \

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Someone just needs to find that damned microfiche hidden in the church pew.

Picture of wrightd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by SIG228:
    quote:
    Originally posted by blueye:
    Young Alec Baldwin watching the motorcade going by playing with a supposed toy gun.... Big Grin

Don't quit your day job.

Really.

Lover of the US Constitution
    Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8655 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post