SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will we ever know the full truth of JFK's assassination?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Will we ever know the full truth of JFK's assassination? Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Can you guys not understand I'm asking the poster? When I ask a member a question, I want to hear only from that member.

I know the reference, very well, as well as anyone here. You don't understand why I'm asking.

There are veiled references in this thread. Have a little faith that I know what I'm doing.

Sorry Para.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12324 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Paraphrase of Occam’s razor and a Seinfeld reference.
Thank you. There's at least one member in this thread being cute, so I just wanted to be sure.

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:

That said, I don't think we'll ever KNOW what happened, mostly because we don't know if we can trust the source of any piece of information. The best we can do is examine each bit of data on our own, evaluate its veracity and source, and put together our own individual picture of the event.

^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

One thing I do know. Even back then, we could not trust the Media. This includes books and magazines.
Fake News is not something Democrats cooked up a few years back to get Trump out of office. FAKE NEWS has been used to dupe to masses since the beginning of recorded history.

OPERATION MOCKINGBIRD, CIA MEDIA CONTROL
https://www.bitchute.com/video/hxE73Yp51NTr/

Earlier in this thread I posted a warning by JFK of a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy. Kennedy had real concerns and real enemies.
I can't discount that.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jupiter, that second link is fake as shit. Don't post this whacko crap in this forum. Look closely near the bottom of the video, starting at the 17 second mark: "simulated audio" Man, do not ever post fake shit in this forum.

It's made-up, paranoid bullshit. That's kid's stuff.

I am fully aware that no matter what, some people are certain that "something" is behind the assassination. You can believe whatever you choose to believe, but be very careful what you post here.

Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Jupiter, that second link is fake as shit. Don't post this whacko crap in this forum. Look closely near the bottom of the video, starting at the 17 second mark: "simulated audio" Man, do not ever post fake shit in this forum.

It's made-up, paranoid bullshit. That's kid's stuff.

I am fully aware that no matter what, some people are certain that "something" is behind the assassination. You can believe whatever you choose to believe, but be very careful what you post here.

Para,

There are numerous versions of this from different sources. This was the only one I could find doing a quick search. I removed the link.
I hear what you're saying and will respect your request. It really wasn't needed to make the point.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
There are numerous versions of this from different sources.
All of them are fake. It never happened.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Brand's take on the matter. I agree with him that these delays do stoke the fires of conspiracy theories.

"Temporary continued postponement" Only a life-long bureaucrat could come up with horse shit like that.

If I understand correctly, the reason the National Archive is citing COVID as the cause of the delay is plain old personnel shortages, but since when have any of our bloated government agencies had too few people?

These people make no sense and I guess they simply do not care that their bullshit stonewalling makes it look as if they truly have something to hide. the conspiracy buffs are all over that kind of thing. Who can blame them? I don't agree with their POV on the assassination, but the US government seems to go out of its way to make itself appear as if it has something sinister to hide.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Orthogonal
posted Hide Post
At sometime, in, around, or after the first investigation the former politician, in charge(publicly anyway) of the investigation of the assassination, Chief Justice Earl Warren, was quoted in the headline of a morning edition of the principle newspaper (in that era) of Dallas, Texas with what seems to me to be the incisive truth.

I held and read that issue's headline in my very hands. I have looked online and elsewhere and have, curiously, never re-encountered that quote, it simply seems to have disappeared in a tidal wave of clutter. I am just a tad unsure of the precise wording but the key words and their exact intent are indelibly stuck in my memory.

Warren was quoted in Bold Large Headline print, 'The truth about the assassination cannot be be told in our lifetime.'

And just as an aside, as it was a contemporary issue for me as I knew the fellow prior to, and FWIW: Lee Harvey's perhaps best friend Gary Taylor (with his parents), lived directly across the street from my family in Dallas. Lee and Marina reportedly often visited there(I was elsewhere in Texas in grad school). That matter and the related 'suicide' in FL were investigated and are published.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
^^^ Care to put that in English? I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Posts: 9500 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I found this quote by Earl Warren. „We may not know the whole story in our lifetime.“ — Earl Warren On the assassination of President John F. Kennedy,” quoted in Minute by Minute (1985) Undated Adopted from Wikiquote. Last update June 3, 2021. History

Source: https://quotepark.com/quotes/1...ory-in-our-lifetime/

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Just release the fucking thing already. I suspect the worse we see is the governments incompetence.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Orthogonal
posted Hide Post
Thank you Recoatlift for finding the Earl Warren quote. My imperfect or possibly biased memory recalled the quote as more affirmative than the suggestive or possibly obfuscatory tone of 'may' which leaves the matter somewhat open to interpretation. I also wonder about whoever the 'we' was addressing.

Smile

posted Hide Post
Razz It can't be released because Hillary is still alive ish

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Roger Stone's take on the whole affair. LBJ did it!

Posts: 20097 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
My mother believed that.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
even if they do release the documents, even if we find out what happened...

no one is going to pay, no one is going to go to jail

this is a lot like the Roswell story...the myth and legend is the only thing keeping the story alive

otherwise JFK sinks into obscurity

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I remember way back in my law enforcement training, the essential elements of an investigation; Who, What, When, Where, How and Why. The answers to the first five have pretty much been established. The only one that still remains unclear to me and might raise some eyebrows is the, Why!

I think this is why the government is reluctant to release any further information.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The US government- that is to say, the people working within and for the departments, and in all their various functions, and the rules, regulations and laws they serve- had nothing to do with the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

Lee Harvey Oswald, in his hatred of the society in which his genuinely crazy mother told him he would be royalty, but which never came to pass, understood that political assassination was the most effective means of a man acting alone to change a nation. One man with a rifle, with an opportunity, and in an era where presidential security was much more lax than today; that's all it took.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
And the motivation of so many individuals that kill in high profile events.

It is often driven by delusions of grandeur.

Nothing more.

But that answer is unsatisfying to many.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
My mother believed that.

flashguy
Mine too. [shhhhhhhhh].... Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post