SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will we ever know the full truth of JFK's assassination?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Will we ever know the full truth of JFK's assassination? Login/Join 
posted
In 1992, Congress ruled that “all Government records concerning the assassination of President John F. Kennedy . . . should be eventually disclosed to enable the public to become fully informed about the history surrounding the assassination,” the missive said.

Biden delays release of JFK assassination records, blaming COVID-19 pandemic

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/...sassination-records/

more at link

Posts: 12551 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
When in doubt about doing anything, blame it on the CoVid plague; the new “go to” excuse.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Many people have already made up their minds about how it happened and who was responsible, and releasing the official government documents really won’t change that. Those who believe one way will look to the documents as validation. Those who believe something different will discount the documents as just another part of a cover up.

The real truth is probably already out there, and likely has been a while, but I don’t think there will ever be a “truth” that everyone will accept.

Posts: 3321 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
The real truth is probably already out there...
There's no "probably" about it.

Occam's Razor

One man with a rifle, no conspiracy. End of story. Oh, how boring. The truth does seem boring when surrounded by fantasies.

I'm not going to go back into all of this again, but here's a sample:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0022174?r=3820042174

That thread will lead you to another thread.

Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. There was never any conspiracy. Jack Ruby was even more nuts than Oswald.

Posts: 107223 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Seems like, every 6 months or so, these tabloids recycle the tired old topic again. Damn, people, go find some new materials. It's not that hard. Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26185 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Oswald, acting alone (save for incidental support, for example his spouse), used an Italian 6.5×52mm Carcano Model 38 infantry carbine equipped with an Ordnance Optics 4×18 telescopic sight and loaded with Western Cartridge Co. ammunition with a 160-grain round nose bullet to shoot fatally President Kennedy and wounding Governor Connally.

In Dealy Plaza I stood looking back up toward the former School Book Depository and I realized it wasn't that hard of a shot. That is when I accepted the idea Oswald acted alone.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31359 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Young Alec Baldwin watching the motorcade going by playing with a supposed toy gun.... Big Grin

Posts: 5297 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Report This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueye:
Young Alec Baldwin watching the motorcade going by playing with a supposed toy gun.... Big Grin

Don't quit your day job.

Posts: 1802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I originally posted this discussion last year.
==============

How unskilled shooters with poor rifles get hits when marksmen can’t.

Something that often comes up in discussions about shootings is “How could he have done that? He was a poor shot using a crappy gun, and even skilled marksmen have never been able to duplicate his feat.” It’s a question that’s been asked over and over for decades, and I read the same statement just recently in a book by a former military sniper who was convinced that his inability to accomplish the same thing meant that the official explanation of an assassination must be incorrect.

How are such things possible? Glad you asked:

For this discussion, assume we have two rifles, one that’s extremely precise and accurate*, and is capable of delivering 0.2 minute of angle shot groups centered on the point of aim every time it’s used. The other rifle is a much less precise 3 MOA rifle. We also have two shooters, one (the marksman) who is highly skilled and aims the gun at exactly the same place every time, and the other who doesn’t. Finally, we have our target which is a 4 inch circle located 100 yards from the shooters.

* (Precision is the ability to shoot small groups; accuracy is hitting the target.)

The below illustration shows the hits that might be achieved by the skilled marksman using the two rifles (the illustrations are not exactly to scale; they are to demonstrate the points, not be used for precise measurements). Each × represents a bullet hit. The five shot group on the left that’s aimed at the center of the target is with the 0.2 MOA rifle; the one on the right is a possible group fired with the 3 MOA rifle. Note that all shots with either rifle hit the 4 inch target, and therefore although only the first rifle is precise, both are accurate by my definition.

The next illustration shows a couple of possible groups fired with the same two rifles but when the rifles are fired with the point of aim outside the targets, or about 2.5 inches from their centers.

Now all the shots with the precise rifle will miss. The reasons for the point of aim to be outside the target could be that the shooter was not skilled; the circumstances of the shot made precise aiming impossible, such as with a moving, partially obscured target; or if there was some combination of the two. On the other hand, shots with the imprecise rifle and the same offset point of aim might hit the target due to chance and the larger dispersion of its shots.

Another possibility that is seldom, if ever, discussed is that the rifle involved is relatively precise—let’s say it and the ammunition are a 2 MOA combination, but that the sight is really poorly zeroed and the center of that 2-inch group at 100 yards is 8 inches from the point of aim. A skilled marksman who kept aiming at the center of a 4 inch target would never hit closer than 5 inches from the target. A poor shot, however, whose point of aim was wandering over a large circle might get at hit by chance. In one famous incident the shooter’s first (or possibly second) point of aim was so bad that the shot missed an entire car at less than 100 yards.

The inability of highly skilled shooters using an atrocious rifle and sight to achieve a killing hit on a moving head at 80 to 100 yards does not prove that a moderately skilled assassin could not have accomplished the feat by simple chance—good luck for him, and bad luck for the victim.

Spelling edited.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Oswald, acting alone (save for incidental support, for example his spouse), used an Italian 6.5×52mm Carcano Model 38 infantry carbine equipped with an Ordnance Optics 4×18 telescopic sight and loaded with Western Cartridge Co. ammunition with a 160-grain round nose bullet to shoot fatally President Kennedy and wounding Governor Connally.

In Dealy Plaza I stood looking back up toward the former School Book Depository and I realized it wasn't that hard of a shot. That is when I accepted the idea Oswald acted alone.

I never was a conspiracy type but I was in Dallas in the mid 90's with some time to kill and so I visited the museum there. You can stand in the window right next to where he fired the shots.
It wasn't that hard.

Posts: 9441 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Here is a warning from JFK talking about a "secret society" that has infiltrated the country.
What a conspiracy theorist. Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

I never was a conspiracy type but I was in Dallas in the mid 90's with some time to kill and so I visited the museum there. You can stand in the window right next to where he fired the shots.
It wasn't that hard.

It really worked out for him with that last-minute change in route.

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A program I saw recently detailed the circumstances that made the assassination possible. That was of iterest. Lots of bungling by the Secret Service, JFK and the media. I never knew about the guy who drove Oswald to work and how he was hassled and harassed by local law enforcement and the FBI for a long time. In a recent interview he still looked traumatized.

Posts: 17159 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
This thread itself is the perfect example of why you will never know.

Posts: 21039 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Explain that remark, please.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Can we recognize truth when we see it? There are so many theories and so little trust in authority that we could be staring at the the full story and not have confidence of its veracity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29592 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Can we recognize truth when we see it?
Yes, unless you let the pretty fantasies distract you, and if you want to know the truth, and not just some really cool story with spies'n shit.

Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
There's no "probably" about it.

Occam's Razor

One man with a rifle, no conspiracy. End of story. Oh, how boring. The truth does seem boring when surrounded by fantasies.

I'm not going to go back into all of this again, but here's a sample:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...0022174?r=3820042174

That thread will lead you to another thread.

Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. There was never any conspiracy. Jack Ruby was even more nuts than Oswald.

What he said. From Arlen Specter using string in the initial investigation to more recent investigations using lasers and duplicating as closely as possible the make, caliber and ammunition used, etc it has been proven again and again what transpired that day. Benjamin Franklin told us that for three people to keep a secret, two of them will have to be dead. I watched a program where someone explained that people couldn’t (wouldn’t?) accept what had happened due to the opinion they held of JFK, they had placed him in a unrealistically high position and he was going to be doing monumental things, so they believed, so it had to be equally monumental forces in play and simply won’t accept anything else, it just doesn’t fit with their narrative, however flawed that may be.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It was the cigarette smoking man.

posted Hide Post
IF there are any unseen documents , there is no valid reason to keep them from the public eye . Regardless of how you believe , you can't justify anything being kept hidden . Put it out there .

Posts: 3964 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Report This Post