SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Thank you, sir. Smile

Let us hope it is the latter !!!

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the IG says they get hung, they get hung.

What kind of power does the IG have? Can they convene grand juries and issue indictments? Or can they only recommend such to the AG? If they request documents and are stonewalled what is their recourse? A contempt citation that can only be enforced by the AG or something with more teeth?

I'm eagerly awaiting their report, but if consequences rely on the AG moving forward and doing something with their recommendations, well.....

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Sessions has nothing to do with activities touching on the 2016 Campaign. On those, Rosenstein is Acting Attorney General.

Yep, thereby reinforcing my earlier post that appointing Sessions is Trump's biggest mistake to date.

Sessions never should have recused himself in the first place. He wasn't man enough to stand up the the Dems then, he won't stand up to them now. He is the wrong man for the job.

I don’t think you are in a position to evaluate the need for recusal. Sessions did not do so lightly.

quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions today issued the following statement:

“During the course of the confirmation proceedings on my nomination to be Attorney General, I advised the Senate Judiciary Committee that ‘[i]f a specific matter arose where I believed my impartiality might reasonably be questioned, I would consult with Department ethics officials regarding the most appropriate way to proceed.’

“During the course of the last several weeks, I have met with the relevant senior career Department officials to discuss whether I should recuse myself from any matters arising from the campaigns for President of the United States.

“Having concluded those meetings today, I have decided to recuse myself from any existing or future investigations of any matters related in any way to the campaigns for President of the United States.

“I have taken no actions regarding any such matters, to the extent they exist.

“This announcement should not be interpreted as confirmation of the existence of any investigation or suggestive of the scope of any such investigation.

“Consistent with the succession order for the Department of Justice, Acting Deputy Attorney General and U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia Dana Boente shall act as and perform the functions of the Attorney General with respect to any matters from which I have recused myself to the extent they exist.”

Rosenstein was later confirmed as Deputy Attorney General and became Acting Attorney General when Sessions was precluded from acting.

Obviously, IANAL and don't know much about the fine details. But, if Sessions' consultations with "senior career Department officials" involved Boente and Rosenstein, the two commies who signed off on one of the FISA applications, then their recommendations for him to recuse himself would be invalid, would it not? Since Sessions is supposedly a Trump ally, the commies would try to get him away from the case.

Q

Posts: 26836 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t think you are in a position to evaluate the need for recusal. Sessions did not do so lightly.

Last time I checked, I'm entitled to my opinion.

You're right, Sessions didn't recuse himself lightly. He did so out of paralyzing fear of the Democrats.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
He did so out of paralyzing fear of the Democrats.

Pretty much.

Hell, Kamala Harris made him wet his pants and damned near start crying.

Posts: 20225 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Nunes interview w Brett Baier

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...fisa-memo-bret-baier

insightful

Mr Nunes is definitely a stand up guy. He isn't a grand stander and that is a good thing. Some characteristics that I really admire is his intelligence and composure. He waded through a ton of shit to get us to where we're at. Thanks for posting that sdy.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
He did so out of paralyzing fear of the Democrats.

Pretty much.

Hell, Kamala Harris made him wet his pants and damned near start crying.

Dammed right but no one is going to smoke wacky weed on his watch by god.
I for one am glad he doesn't have any more power than he does. I also wish he wasn't the attorney general of the United States.

Posts: 9659 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, he has gone after MS-13 with a vengeance and the importance of that was prominently displayed at the SOTU address to the American people.

Further, Rosenstein and posse have been generously supplied with all the "Russia" rope they wanted...and now them chickenz is a roostin' and Sessions is totally out of the loop (and blast radius, and Trump as well) of this impending super-nova.

It will be fascinating to see how all this plays out...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Last time I checked, I'm entitled to my opinion.

You're right, Sessions didn't recuse himself lightly. He did so out of paralyzing fear of the Democrats.

Of course you are. My goal is to help make your opinion an informed, intelligent one based on actual reality.

You are free to think anything you chose. I believe you have no idea what the standards and criteria and rules for recusal are. The professional ethics advisers evaluate all different kinds of situations and advise lawyers in DOJ who seek it. I believe the Attorney General is very aware of avoiding the ethical difficulties which arise and has advisers who help avoid those problems, if necessary.

It is a little more involved than “our guys” OK and “their guys” bad.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from time to time I have asked this question, but never got a good answer

Why does everyone reporting on the dossier keep assuming there actually were Russian sources?

There isn't anything in that dossier that Russian experts like Glenn Simpson, Nellie Ohr, and Christopher Steele could not have fabricated.

Even easier if Fusion did have access to the raw FISA material until the NSA turned the spigot off.

The "Russian sources" have never been identified. Haven't seen anything that the FBI even says they know who they are.

Now, I need to be careful. I'm not saying there wasn't Russian sources, I am saying though that given what we know now, it is as easy to conceive of a scenario where they never existed as it is to conceive of a scenario where they do exist.

also sort of odd that all of that activity was going on and our intel had no idea of any of it. Steele comes up with it in a matter of weeks. His first block buster report was completed in about 3 weeks. I think he said he didn't pay the sources anything.

adding: Carter Page is supposed to have been under FISA warrant beginning in 2013. Not obvious how continuous that was thru May 2017. He has never been arrested.

Posts: 19674 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Are we contemplating "hung on a hook" or "hanged by the neck"?

flashguy

Hanged by the neck on a hook.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31572 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
What reason did they have to make that memo classified?

It was embarrassing to some, but is that really a reason?

Seems to me it should have been considered a public document from the git-go.

Only reason for classifying it Top Secret was to hide the information from us.

This concerns me more than anything else in the memo, as it did not seem to reveal anything, only confirmed what FOX had been surmising.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
If the IG says they get hung, they get hung.

What kind of power does the IG have? Can they convene grand juries and issue indictments? Or can they only recommend such to the AG? If they request documents and are stonewalled what is their recourse? A contempt citation that can only be enforced by the AG or something with more teeth?

I'm eagerly awaiting their report, but if consequences rely on the AG moving forward and doing something with their recommendations, well.....

The IG has the authority to investigate and report. The AG has the right to charge or take to a Grand Jury with a recommendation to charge. The IG is totally apolitical and independent. The AG ignores his report at great peril.

RMD

<EDIT> IF the IG report contains evidence of wrong doing (and how can it not) and Sessions fails to act decisively, then we will call him a liver-lilly pussy and call for his head.

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20349 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
quote:
Nunes interview w Brett Baier

http://insider.foxnews.com/201...fisa-memo-bret-baier

insightful

Mr Nunes is definitely a stand up guy. He isn't a grand stander and that is a good thing. Some characteristics that I really admire is his intelligence and composure. He waded through a ton of shit to get us to where we're at. Thanks for posting that sdy.

Two things I got out of this. You guys need to listen again and tell me what the hell point #2 is about.
#1- Baeir was rude. He kept interrupting Nunes several times, not letting him finish his thoughts.
#2- WTH was Nunes thinking saying that he thinks Rosenstein "can fix the problems over at DOJ"? Just right before that, he said Rosenstein was stonewalling and tried to do an end run around the Intel Committee. Rosenstein was one of the signers of one of the FISA applications. He is in the Dems' pocket.

Q

Posts: 26836 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Very good point above, sdy. It very well might have been completely fabricated with not a single Russian.

JALLEN, your legal point of view proceeds from a sort of assumption that these are "normal" times, and in that normal atmosphere, Sessions as AG was prudent to recuse himself. But these are not normal times. I remember that when Sessions recused himself, Trump's lawyers said there was nothing that compelled Sessions to recuse himself. And-- given what was going on with Steele, Strzok and that whole crew, including the head of the FBI-- Sessions needed to stay in place so the door would not be open for everything that has followed from Mueller.

These next couple of months will likely hold some truly astonishing events, because very corrupt people are fighting for their lives.

It's like seeing an immovable object-- the Deep State-- colliding with an unstoppable force-- Donald Trump and some gutsy Republicans.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11130 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

FISA warrants are classified material. A government document discussing them will itself be classified.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:

This concerns me more than anything else in the memo, as it did not seem to reveal anything, only confirmed what FOX had been surmising.

OK, now I get it.
Tucker Carlson was talking with Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) House Intel Committee on his show and it all came together.

Democrats, FBI, DOJ, claimed memo release could harm national security.

Rep. Swalwell indicated the reasoning was that you do not want to inform those under an active investigation.
He seemed to indicate that Carter Page is still being investigated as a Russian agent.

Anyone else have the same take-away from Tuckers interview with Rep. Swalwell this evening?

So apparently McCain and Pelosi's comments about playing into Putin's hands is in reference to letting Putin know that they think Carter Page is a Russian spy.

Thanks S600MBUSA, I typed my thoughts from Tuckers interview before reading your post.
I still think my take-away from his interview may have some merit on the Democrats thinking or spin as I would call it.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
from time to time I have asked this question, but never got a good answer

adding: Carter Page is supposed to have been under FISA warrant beginning in 2013. Not obvious how continuous that was thru May 2017. He has never been arrested.

The difference may be that Page is not suspected of criminal activity, but of being an agent of a foreign government. There is a distinction between foreign counter intel and crime.

Don’t ask me what is one or the other.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I watched a lot of Fox this afternoon,and just now a peek at CNN and MSNBC.

Who in this world can we trust to settle this whole cluster?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6356 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That isn't how it works. You can't sit in on a classified briefing and then write an unclass summary of it.

The memo is a summary of information that at least one piece of, was classified as TOP SECRET/NOFORN, hence the memo carries that classification until a decision is made to override that.

This was handled appropriately IMO and bravo to them for that.

The memo itself divulges no sources or methods and merely confirms what we have suspected and had trace evidence of already, hence it being de-classified.

Don't hold your breath on the source docs...but we (the public) don't need to see them, Congress and officials from both parties have access.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post