SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE to see that smug asshole Comey in cuffs, but it will never happen as long as Sessions is AG.

I don’t expect anything to happen until after the IG report, but if after that there is no special council
or any other investigation? There never will be.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I would much rather see him do his job, keeping his mouth shut about what he, or they are doing.

His position is much better served by keeping potential bad guys from knowing that the train is fast approaching and they are standing on the tracks.

Far too many people at those high levels do not know how to keep their mouths shut! Leak shit to the media about what a great job you are doing, and let the bad guys head for some dump country with no extradition treaty. Yeah, smart. Roll Eyes

I don't care if he keeps his mouth shut as long as he actually DOES something. He's been there a year and hasn't done anything other than declare war on wacky weed.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
I would LOVE to see that smug asshole Comey in cuffs, but it will never happen as long as Sessions is AG.

Therein lies the problem. The way it's looking at this point it going to boil down to how Sessions handles this. We can assume that there is no way he will take a bullet to protect Trump from his past actions. The best thing Trump can do now is to just distance himself from this cluster and go out and speak to the people like he has been for 3 years now.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
C'mon gentlemen, let's not start crying in our beer.

We have a document from the majority of a congressional committee that lays out:

1. That the FBI and Justice Department used tainted probable cause to get a warrant to spy on a citizen who was associated with a presidential campaign
2. That the FBI and Justice Department mislead the courts about the origin of what they presented as probable cause when they had reason to know that this was false
3. That the same information, coupled with news reports, and with illegal leaks from Comey was used to get Muller appointed in the first place

Muller's special counsel investigation was created out of this sordid mess, and this sordid mess was created by the hillary campaign, democrats in congress, and democrat swamp critters in the DOJ and FBI.

Without this artificially created shitstorm, Muller would never have been appointed, and we would have an honest investigation into how the Russians tried to influence the American election, rather than a "collusion investigation" the purpose of which is to simply weaken the current administration.

FUCK THAT! Get mad! Write to your congressman and your senators even if they are shitty dems, comment on articles, make noise on social media, retweet (if you do that stuff) demands for action against the perpetrators of these acts who first tried to steal an election and now are trying to nullify the results of one.

If we don't fight, we deserve to lose.

Cowboy UP!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12823 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

Did y'all know that Comey is going to be teaching a course in Ethical Leadership at William & Mary this fall? Read more about it here.

Ya can't make this shit up. I'm glad I'm not working for The Onion. It'd be really difficult to think up material to top this...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15503 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would much rather see him do his job, keeping his mouth shut about what he, or they are doing.

His position is much better served by keeping potential bad guys from knowing that the train is fast approaching and they are standing on the tracks.

Far too many people at those high levels do not know how to keep their mouths shut! Leak shit to the media about what a great job you are doing, and let the bad guys head for some dump country with no extradition treaty. Yeah, smart. Roll Eyes

I agree 100%. He walks softly, yet carries a very BIG stick. Just be patient!!

Posts: 6646 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
So they've obviously seen the FISA warrant petitions, right?

When do we get to hear comment from the Judge who approved???

I badly want to hear his reaction.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Comey is going to be teaching a course in Ethical Leadership at William & Mary this fall?

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."

Though I don't think it is generally true, in this case, the saying seems to fit.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4918 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Someone said earlier that Sessions was Trump's biggest mistake, and I agree 100%. This spineless guy needs to go.

Sessions response to the memo: "No department is perfect."

https://www.washingtontimes.co...-department-perfect/

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11130 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Kimberley Strassel looks looks a whole tree full of owls here, from last November.

quote:
By Kimberley A. Strassel, Wall Street Journal Nov. 9, 2017

The Steele dossier has already become a thing of John le Carré-like intrigue—British spies, Kremlin agents, legal cutouts, hidden bank accounts. What all this obscures is the more immediate point: The dossier amounts to one of the dirtiest tricks in U.S. political history. It was perpetrated by Team Clinton and yielded a vast payoff for Hillary’s campaign.

The Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign hired the opposition-research firm Fusion GPS in April 2016 to dig up dirt on Donald Trump. Fusion in turn hired former U.K. spook Christopher Steele to assemble the (now largely discredited) dossier. That full dossier of allegations wasn’t made public until after the election, in January 2017. And the media and Democrats continue to peddle the line that it played no role during the election itself.

“Details from the dossier were not reported before Election Day,” ran a recent CNN story. Hillary Clinton herself stressed the point in a recent “Daily Show” appearance. The dossier, she said, is “part of what happens in a campaign where you get information that may or may not be useful and you try to make sure anything you put out in the public arena is accurate. So this thing didn’t come out until after the election, and it’s still being evaluated.”

This is utterly untrue. In British court documents Mr. Steele has acknowledged he briefed U.S. reporters about the dossier in September 2016. Those briefed included journalists from the New York Times , the Washington Post, Yahoo News and others. Mr. Steele, by his own admission (in an interview with Mother Jones), also gave his dossier in July 2016 to the FBI.

Among the dossier’s contents were allegations that in early July 2016 Carter Page, sometimes described as a foreign-policy adviser to Candidate Trump, held a “secret” meeting with two high-ranking Russians connected to President Vladimir Putin. It even claimed these Russians offered to give Mr. Page a 19% share in Russia’s state oil company in return for a future President Trump lifting U.S. sanctions. This dossier allegation is ludicrous on its face. Mr. Page was at most a minor figure in the campaign and has testified under oath that he never met the two men in question or had such a conversation.

Yet the press ran with it. On Sept. 23, 2016, Yahoo News’s Michael Isikoff published a bombshell story under the headline: “U.S. intel officials probe ties between Trump adviser and Kremlin.” Mr. Isikoff said “U.S. officials” had “received intelligence” about Mr. Page and Russians, and then went on to recite verbatim all the unfounded dossier allegations. He attributed all this to a “well-placed Western intelligence source,” making it sound as if this info had come from someone in government rather than from an ex-spy-for-hire.

The Clinton campaign jumped all over it, spinning its own oppo research as a government investigation into Mr. Trump. Jennifer Palmieri, the campaign’s communications director, the next day took to television to tout the Isikoff story and cite “U.S. intelligence officials” in the same breath as Mr. Page. Other Clinton surrogates fanned out on TV and Twitter to spread the allegations.

The Isikoff piece publicly launched the Trump-Russia collusion narrative—only 1½ months from the election—and the whole dossier operation counts as one of the greatest political stitch-ups of all time. Most campaigns content themselves with planting oppo research with media sources. The Clinton campaign commissioned a foreign ex-spy to gin up rumors, which made it to U.S. intelligence agencies, and then got reporters to cite it as government-sourced. Mrs. Clinton now dismisses the dossier as routine oppo research, ignoring that her operation specifically engineered the contents to be referred to throughout the campaign as “intelligence” or a “government investigation.”

Making matters worse, there may be a grain of truth to that last claim. If the Washington Post’s reporting is correct, it was in the summer of 2016 that Jim Comey’s FBI obtained a wiretap warrant on Mr. Page from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court. If it was the dossier that provoked that warrant, then the wrongs here are grave. Mr. Page is suing Yahoo News over that Isikoff story, but he may have a better case against the Clinton campaign and the federal government if they jointly spun a smear document into an abusive investigation.

To that point, it is fair to ask if the entire Trump-Russia narrative—which has played a central role in our political discourse for a year, and is now resulting in a special counsel issuing unrelated indictments—is based on nothing more than a political smear document. Is there any reason to believe the FBI was probing a Trump-Russia angle before the dossier? Is there any collusion allegation that doesn’t come in some form from the dossier?

The idea that the federal government and a special counsel were mobilized—that American citizens were monitored and continue to be investigated—based on a campaign-funded hit document is extraordinary. Especially given that to this day no one has publicly produced a single piece of evidence to support any of the dossier’s substantive allegations about Trump team members.

So yes, Mrs. Clinton, the dossier—which you paid for—was used in the election. And we are only beginning to understand in how many ways.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Although the memo says the investigation was kicked off by the news of the Papadopoulos drunken bragging, Steele briefed someone in the FBI 5 July 2016. (from Simpson testimony)

That fits WSJ above.

Posts: 19674 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Someone said earlier that Sessions was Trump's biggest mistake, and I agree 100%. This spineless guy needs to go.

A lot of truth in this statement. It should be Sessions that removes Rosenstein but he will sit on his hands and force Trump to be the one to force the issue, making it political dynamite. If that happens and Trump refuses to be interviewed, and he should refuse, the left can turn this into a shit storm that paints the administration in a very dark light.

Jim

Sessions is recused from all issues arising out of the 2016 presidential campaign and knows no more about it than what we read in the papers. He is barred from briefings, nobody talks to him about these things, he doesn’t get e-mails about it..... he is completely out of all the loops on these things, for fear he would be biased!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

A lot of truth in this statement. It should be Sessions that removes Rosenstein but he will sit on his hands and force Trump to be the one to force the issue, making it political dynamite. If that happens and Trump refuses to be interviewed, and he should refuse, the left can turn this into a shit storm that paints the administration in a very dark light.

Jim

Sessions is recused from all issues arising out of the 2016 presidential campaign and knows no more about it than what we read in the papers. He is barred from briefings, nobody talks to him about these things, he doesn’t get e-mails about it..... he is completely out of all the loops on these things, for fear he would be biased!

Isn't he still Rosenstein's boss? I get what you are saying but Rosenstein is supposed to oversee the investigation and this came out in the memo: "About halfway through the four-page memo, Rosenstein's name is mentioned for the second and final time, as someone who worked “closely” with a Justice official whose wife worked for the same company that hired ex-British spy Michael Steele." My point is that Trump will be put in the drivers seat if Sessions doesn't get involved. I could very well be wrong about this but it is how I see it at this point.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
While our attention is on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, a great deal about the court and procedures is online at http://www.fisc.uscourts.gov/.

Particularly revelatory is the letters to Senators explaining some of these matters, found under correspondence.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Given the Nunes memo, and the reliance on the dossier for the warrants, recall this:

In a private White House dinner with Trump on January 27, Comey says the topic of the “salacious material” again came up and he reveals that Trump was considering asking the FBI to investigate the origins of the claims. Comey pushed back against that idea.

Comey writes:

During the dinner, the President returned to the salacious material I had briefed him about on January 6, and, as he had done previously, expressed his disgust for the allegations and strongly denied them.

He said he was considering ordering me to investigate the alleged incident to prove it didn’t happen.

I replied that he should give that careful thought because it might create a narrative that we were investigating him personally, which we weren’t, and because it was very difficult to prove a negative. He said he would think about it and asked me to think about it.

meanwhile, rabid dog Strzok has been leading the Russian investigation for 6 months. But, hey, not to worry Mr President.

Comey is one of those elite righteous talkers who is a snake you can't trust.

Posts: 19674 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:

Isn't he still Rosenstein's boss? I get what you are saying but Rosenstein is supposed to oversee the investigation and this came out in the memo: "About halfway through the four-page memo, Rosenstein's name is mentioned for the second and final time, as someone who worked “closely” with a Justice official whose wife worked for the same company that hired ex-British spy Michael Steele." My point is that Trump will be put in the drivers seat if Sessions doesn't get involved. I could very well be wrong about this but it is how I see it at this point.

Jim

Alas, you are inderinformed.

As Attorney General Sessions is recused, and may not have any contact with issues arising out of the 2016 Presidential Campaign, his deputy, Rosenstein becomes Acting Attorney General on those issues. Sessions continues on all other issues.

The official whose wife worked for the same company that hired Steele is Bruce Ohr, not Rosenstein.

From Fox News in December:

Until Wednesday morning, Bruce G. Ohr held two titles at DOJ: associate deputy attorney general, a post that placed him four doors down from his boss, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein; and director of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces (OCDETF), a program described by the department as “the centerpiece of the attorney general’s drug strategy.”

Ohr will retain his OCDETF title but has been stripped of his higher post and ousted from his office on the fourth floor of “Main Justice.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...mp-dossier-firm.html

Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

I don't care if he keeps his mouth shut as long as he actually DOES something. He's been there a year and hasn't done anything other than declare war on wacky weed.

I recall something from a while back about how much has been done since he has been in office. Do not remember the exact numbers, but it was in excess of 3400. Total for obummer was around 300.

I will look and see if I can find something about it and post a link.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25651 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
As Attorney General Sessions is recused, and may not have any contact with issues arising out of the 2016 Presidential Campaign, his deputy, Rosenstein becomes Acting Attorney General on those issues. Sessions continues on all other issues.

Is Sessions not allowed to pursue malfeasance by high-ranking officials who report to him? Is his charge to simply sit back, hands folded, and watch the show?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
It lives.

Sen. John McCain On Nunes Memo Release: 'We Are Doing Putin's Job For Him'

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) delivered a harsh rebuke against fellow Republicans who agreed to release a memo by House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes against the wishes of the U.S. intelligence community.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...r-BBICr2b?li=BBnb7Kz

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdmb03:
It lives.

Sen. John McCain On Nunes Memo Release: 'We Are Doing Putin's Job For Him'

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) delivered a harsh rebuke against fellow Republicans who agreed to release a memo by House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes against the wishes of the U.S. intelligence community.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...r-BBICr2b?li=BBnb7Kz

McCain is part of the conspiracy. Of course he wants it all concealed.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29795 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post