SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, now I get it.
Tucker Carlson was talking with Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) House Intel Committee on his show and it all came together.

Democrats, FBI, DOJ, claimed memo release could harm national security.

For those who didn't see it...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24293 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

For those who didn't see it...

Swalwell's jacket isn't tailored properly. This is more his speed:

Posts: 8655 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we let this pass we deserve the chains we'll be shackled to.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13426 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmoid:
SO, we have the "shitbowl" before the "superbowl" ???
...Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose

I keep asking this question?
Where is the crime? (supposedly committed by Trump)

JALLEN, I would appreciate your crystal ball reading on where you think this is going?

My crystal ball is out of warranty, and hasn’t been updated to the new versions in years. That said, a couple of circumstances are becoming more prominent in my mind.

For one thing, all we have to go on is media reports. There seems to be a broad undercurrent of details, moves, strategeries, relationships, etc. to which we are never privy and which can impact our view of reality in subtle, and maybe not so subtle ways.

The relationships between the players can be important. We only see the us’s and the thems for the most part. Who are buddies, who are old law partners, schoolmates, neighbors, married to eho, etc? The Ohrs and the McCabes are obvious, and now known, but what about others?

What will DOJ do with the other demands/subpoenas for documents? Must it comply? Are there any justifications for not complying?

What will happen when the House Intel Committe subpoenas documents concerning FBI surveillance of committe members or their tax returns?

As we saw in the past, when the Executive branch fails or refuses to comply, the House votes to enforce the subpoenas. That is referred to DOJ to file suit aginst the recalcitrant agency for a court order. Do you think DOJ will do that? I think not.

Eventually, Sessions will see that his status as recused is an impediment. Unlike many here, I see Sessions as a good man, well qualified for and doing an effective job, given his role in the campaign. What he has done is what we hope and expect by having professional ethical rules, in contrast to his predecessors. This was his dream job and the dream is being ruined by circumstances beyond his control.

He will resign so an unrecused AG can be confirmed. It won’t be easy. On the one hand, the God Damned Commies will do their best to get a gelded AG, if not one of their guys. The GOP will be interested in effective oversight for a variety of reasons. Nobody will have the trust and confidence of all.

The reasons offered for not releasing this memo have further exposed the God Damned Commies for the corrupt fools we have long suspected. , because the God Damned Commies are terrified that the scheme will be uncovered, with proof, evidence. Even a neutral guy running an investigation is intolerably risky.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Trey Gowdy resigning in the near future, I think his tenacity and pitfall style would make him the perfect man to replace Sessions - if it comes to that.

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Unlike many here, I see Sessions as a good man, well qualified for and doing an effective job, given his role in the campaign. What he has done is what we hope and expect by having professional ethical rules, in contrast to his predecessors.

+1 To do otherwise would be a dis-service to his position and the country.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13426 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
He will resign so an unrecused AG can be confirmed.

Maybe... but he doesn't currently sound like a guy about to resign....

AG Sessions in wake of explosive memo: ‘No department is perfect’

Friday, February 2, 2018

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Friday that he will push the Justice Department to clean up any shortcomings identified in the wake of the new House intelligence committee memo, saying “no department is perfect.”

Mr. Sessions, in a statement, did not say whether he agreed with the conclusions in the memo, which argues top FBI and Justice Department officials during the Obama administration, bleeding into the Trump administration, used tainted evidence to justify spying on a Trump campaign figure.

Instead, Mr. Sessions said Congress’s questions are legitimate and must be answered.

“Congress has made inquiries concerning an issue of great importance for the country and concerns have been raised about the department’s performance. I have great confidence in the men and women of this Department. But no department is perfect,” Mr. Sessions, a former senator, said.

“Accordingly, I will forward to appropriate DOJ components all information I receive from Congress regarding this. I am determined that we will fully and fairly ascertain the truth,” he said.

https://www.washingtontimes.co...-department-perfect/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24293 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
He will resign so an unrecused AG can be confirmed.

Maybe... but he doesn't currently sound like a guy about to resign....

This is only if the DOJ/FBI refuses Congressional oversight, and he isn’t able to compel it.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Will anyone be prosecuted as a result of this memo.
Hell no.

OK, I'll ask: Why so pessimistic?

Do you not believe the evidence we've seen? Do you think the outrage is staged, not real?

Do you believe the Trump Administration is impotent?

Why?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
am not sure where to post this

but here is the transcript of Carter Page to the House Intel Comm

Big warning: very long, very frustrating to read

https://intelligence.house.gov...cript_nov_2_2017.pdf

Hard to summarize this

Carter Page is a Naval Academy grad. He is a PhD
and he sounds like a babbling idiot

I am even more angry about Chris Wallace's comment that Page is hardly mentioned in the dossier.

Christopher Steele leaked part of the dossier to Isikoff (Yahoo news)who published it as a news story from an intel source. (Sept 2016)

Page was hounded by news media. He received death threats.

In his testimony, he is paranoid about being tripped up. His answers are wandering and piled w caveats.

BTW, they had to break during the interview and Adam Schiff leaked part of the interview to CNN during the break.

for ref:
here is the Sept 2016 Isikoff article

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-s...emlin-175046002.html

This is important because this is the first time the dossier hit the news. But it is put forth as "intel"

"But U.S. officials have since received intelligence reports that during that same three-day trip, Page met with Igor Sechin, a longtime Putin associate and former Russian deputy prime minister who is now the executive chairman of Rosneft, Russian’s leading oil company, a well-placed Western intelligence source tells Yahoo News"

This article is the one that the Nunes memo said was used to support the Oct 2016 FISA warrant on Page.

Posts: 19674 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by 9mmnut:
Will anyone be prosecuted as a result of this memo.
Hell no.

OK, I'll ask: Why so pessimistic?

Do you not believe the evidence we've seen? Do you think the outrage is staged, not real?

Do you believe the Trump Administration is impotent?

Why?

I am a bit pessimistic as well.
I believe the evidence.
I believe the outrage is real, including that of McCain and his ilk.
I don't believe the entire Trump Administration is impotent.

I don't believe Sessions will seek to prosecute anyone.
I don't believe we have a sufficient number of Republicans, which are true Patriots in the House and Senate.
Too many RINO's, holding elected office.
The swamp is very deep.
Deeper than I ever imagined.

I need to see the swamp truely being drained, to gain my confidence back.
I believe the rot in the FBI and DOJ extends deeper than re are currently seeing.

We are a year into this with the Presidency, House, and Senate in Republican hands.

In regards to draining the swamp and prosecuting the political criminals we have very little to show for the year.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Thinking of Jeff Sessions, I am reminded of the book "The Godfather"

There was a character Tom Hagen who was consigliare to the Don. Tom was a lawyer. Smart guy.

Tom Hagen: Mike, why am I out?

Michael: You're not a wartime Consigliari, Tom. Things could get rough with the move we're making.

question is, can Jeff Sessions understand this is not regular politics. Can Sessions be a wartime consigliari ?

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Just this AM read as much as I could tolerate, of two sources with considerably different emphasis on what would seem to be 'the same memo':

Breitbart vs CBS. No need to post the link, you can find them if you want.

The magnitude of disparate interpretation of the 'same data' is simply profound.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9860 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
am not sure where to post this

but here is the transcript of Carter Page to the House Intel Comm

Big warning: very long, very frustrating to read

https://intelligence.house.gov...cript_nov_2_2017.pdf

Hard to summarize this

Carter Page is a Naval Academy grad. He is a PhD
and he sounds like a babbling idiot

Page’s wikipedia article contains this information:

quote:
Page received his Ph.D. in 2012 from SOAS, University of London, where he was supervised by Shirin Akiner.[2][10] His doctoral thesis on the transition of Asian countries from communism to capitalism was rejected twice before ultimately being accepted by new examiners. One of his original examiners later said Page "knew next to nothing" about the subject matter and was unfamiliar with "basic concepts" such as Marxism and state capitalism.[16] He sought unsuccessfully to publish his doctoral thesis as a book; a reviewer described it as "very analytically confused, just throwing a lot of stuff out there without any real kind of argument."[2] Page blamed these failures on anti-Russian and anti-American bias.[16] He later ran an international-affairs program at Bard College and taught a course on energy and politics at New York University.[17][18]

Link

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Fox star Monica Crowley says FISA memo is only the first of several – “worse” is coming
February 2, 2018
Fox star Monica Crowley says FISA memo is only the first of several – “worse” is coming
christianthiel.net / Shutterstock.com
The now-infamous FISA memo could be just one of several alleging corruption at the FBI, according to one conservative commentator.

Monica Crowley told Fox News on Thursday morning that “very good sources” had told her that more memos are incoming and that “there is worse coming down the pike.”

If the contents of this one memo are bad enough to send the FBI and the Democrats into a tailspin, how bad could the others be?

President Trump is expected to declassify the now-ubiquitous Nunes memo today.

Crowley: more memos to come
Controversy over the yet-released memo has caused a furor on the left, with liberal journalists, Democrats, and even James Comey accusing Republicans of a bad-faith attempt to discredit the FBI.

But things could get more interesting.

Crowley told Fox that “sources” had told her the Nunes memo is just one of several and that there is “worse to come down the pike.”

“Well, look, this memo is about origination”, said Crowley, a senior fellow at the London Center for Policy Research.

“From what I’m hearing from my sources this is about how this FISA warrant came into being and why and how it got approved and why and how it was used.”

The FISA memo reportedly alleges that the Obama DOJ abused its authority to spy on Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. The infamous Trump dossier obtained by the Clinton campaign was allegedly used to justify that surveillance.

“I also understand from some very good sources that this is the first of several memos. So as bad as this memo might be, my understanding is that there is worse coming down the pike,” Crowley continued.

Their house of cards is falling down.

https://www.conservativeinstit...ampaign=CNA_20170715

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8466 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
I am a bit pessimistic as well.
No one around here wants to listen to this stuff.

One person- in this thread or the Trump thread- who said that nothing will come of any of this also said before the last Presidential election that Hillary Clinton was going to be our next President and there was nothing we could do about it.

So much for predictions.

If you want to display negativity after we FINALLY got this information made public, then take it to some other forum. I do not want to see that negative crap here and I know that I am far from alone.

No matter what happens- literally, no matter what happens, some of you guys would piss on it and try to bring the rest of us down.
We had to listen to that pissing and moaning before the last election, with some of you trying to convince the rest of us that our cause was lost. Well, those people were WRONG and I am telling those of you that say nothing will come of the release of the FISA memo that you are WRONG about that, too. Just stow it. Go try to bring some other group down and leave us out of it.

Posts: 108169 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigmoid
posted Hide Post
JALLEN-
Outstanding!
A concise formulation, even with an expired warranty

________,_____________________________
Guns don't kill people - Alec Baldwin kills people.
He's never been a straight shooter.

Posts: 1328 | Location: Idaho | Registered: July 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
Just this AM read as much as I could tolerate, of two sources with considerably different emphasis on what would seem to be 'the same memo':

Breitbart vs CBS. No need to post the link, you can find them if you want.

The magnitude of disparate interpretation of the 'same data' is simply profound.

The magnitude of the divide in this country is profound, and I don't believe there is any healing it. The sheer number of America haters is breathtaking.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
regarding an earlier post about Carter Page testimony to House Intel comm,

Carter Page continually attacked Clinton and the "dodgy dossier" for ruining his life. (nonstop)

He did get a few good shots in, such as:

from the dossier:

part of Carter Page testimony on 2 Nov 2017:

I did an internet search, and indeed

1) Glencore bought $11 Billion of Rosneft (Dec 2016 article)

2) Marc Rich (now deceased) did start Glencore

the Marc Rich that Bill Clinton and Eric Holder pardoned

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
^^^ I swear to God, the deeper you drill, the further you still have left to go.

Is there nowhere the Clinton family doesn't touch?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6255 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post