SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FISA memo updated page 19 ******* Demo response memo Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
All were put on the FISA court by Chief Justice Roberts.

All are U.S. District Court judges, or senior judges, quasi retired still hearing cases

CJ Collyer - Bush. This is her second tour on FISC

Boasberg - Obama

Contreras - Obama

Conway - Bush

Dearie - Reagan

Eagan - Bush

Jones - Clinton

Kugler - Bush

Mosman - Bush

Russell - Clinton

Saylor - Bush

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen much to get excited about the FISC judges.

Boasberg:

2002 Associate Judge Superior Court District of Columbia Appointed by Geo W Bush

2011 US District Court for DC Appointed by obama

2015 FISC court appointed by John Roberts

We have a lot more fish to fry than FISC judges at the moment

Collyer is appointed presiding judge. records indicate she will remain presiding till 2020

Since the judges rotate thru weekly (all 11 of them) it is not surprising that there were four diff judges for the four FISA warrants against Carter Page.

Posts: 19663 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hillary Clinton knew, knew down deep in that innermost part of her psyche, that she was unelectable on her own merits.

That realization says more to me than every word written or spoken since she announced her "candidacy."

I'd give a testicle and a kidney to ask her about this and get a straight answer.

Hillary would not only not give you a straight answer, but would take your testicle and kidney anyway.

Posts: 4524 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I haven't seen much to get excited about the FISC judges.

Boasberg:

2002 Associate Judge Superior Court District of Columbia Appointed by Geo W Bush

2011 US District Court for DC Appointed by obama

2015 FISC court appointed by John Roberts

We have a lot more fish to fry than FISC judges at the moment

Collyer is appointed presiding judge. records indicate she will remain presiding till 2020

Since the judges rotate thru weekly (all 11 of them) it is not surprising that there were four diff judges for the four FISA warrants against Carter Page.

I set out the status of the judges above. 3 must live within 20 miles of DC. That may imply that the rotation is not linear. Moreover, several of the FISC have taken senior status, which might imply somewhat more flexibility in their activities.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:

Hillary Clinton knew, knew down deep in that innermost part of her psyche, that she was unelectable on her own merits.

That realization says more to me than every word written or spoken since she announced her "candidacy."

I'd give a testicle and a kidney to ask her about this and get a straight answer.

Hillary would not only not give you a straight answer, but would take your testicle and kidney anyway.

She would take both pairs and then sell them to a wealthy Clinton Foundation donor.

Posts: 3991 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
This is significant. Not sure of implications though

While I am glad to know it (assuming it is true), Schiff may well have divulged classified info

https://www.realclearpolitics....n_to_fisa_court.html

CAMEROTA: There are a couple of headlines from the Nunes memo I want to bounce off of you. And I know that this is a challenge because until the president says you can release it, I know your rebuttal is classified. But this is out there. And I want you to respond to it as best you can. One is that the deputy director of the FBI, McCabe, testified before your committee in December of 2017 that no surveillance warrant, no FISA court -- to the FISA court would have been sought without the Steele dossier information. Is that true?

SCHIFF: That's a characterization that's not what Director McCabe or deputy director McCabe actually said. While I can't go into the details of what he said, essentially his argument was we look at this as a complete whole. All the parts of the application are important. That was the sum and substance of what he said.

The broader point, though, was that the only parts of the dossier that were important were those that pertained to Carter Page. And some of that was corroborated. We set this out in our responsive memo. So it's very important for people to understand, contrary to the misleading impression that the GOP gives, the salacious video and all that stuff, that was not part of the FISA application. Only the parts pertinent to Carter Page . And there was corroboration of some of those very important elements.

CAMEROTA: That's really helpful. So you're saying that the FISA court never saw the most salacious, uncorroborated stuff?

SCHIFF: That's exactly right. And we'll be releasing the transcript of our hearing last night, and you can see members making this argument, that unfortunately it's because they haven't read the underlying materials. So one of my colleagues, for example, said, well, we don't have evidence that Michael Cohen made a trip to Prague. This is also part of the dossier. But that Michael Cohen trip to Prague wasn't part of the materials provided to the FISA court. So it's very disingenuous to say the FISA court was misled because we don't believe Michael Cohen went to Prague when that information was never provided to the court.

my first reaction is this makes sense. The warrant was only for Carter Page

IF the above is true, I think Schiff has a valid criticism of the Nunes memo. Comey's comment about "salacious and unverified" did appear to be addressing just the "peeing in the bed" part of the dossier.

the Isikoff story focused on Carter Page too.

Nunes acted honestly and didn't say that only part of the dossier was in the warrant application.

edit: my error, Nunes didn't know that. Gowdy couldn't legally tell him. What a mess.

Schiff reveals details of the application that could well be classified.

This whole confusing mess is because DoJ/FBI only allowed 2 of the 22 comm members to read the underlying material. Gowdy should have been much more careful in warning his REP team mates about their comments and what went into the Nunes memo.

Maybe he shouldn't be thinking so much about not running again and thinking more on TCOB.

The big caveat of course: Is Schiff being truthful ?

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I’m beginning to consider the possibility that Carter Page could only have been a pretext for surveillance. It’s not like once they have the warrant, they go into your house and install bugs. They have recorded the phone, e-mail, texts etc already. The warrant only gives them clearance to find them in the database, if I understand it right.

His testimony, and the appearance on Ingraham last night, don’t line up with someone whose communications were likely to pose some sort of counterintelligence value, or implications.

I’m still not seeing something here, the disconnect all this high level plotting and scheming and this seemingly babbling idiot.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
JALLEN,

This whole thing about Carter Page may have been a set up to open the door. They may not have been interested in Page at all.

I am not an expert in the FISA rules, but when the FBI brands someone as a foreign agent that is a big deal.

The part that is scary - that may grant legal monitoring of anyone who communicated w Page. Including back in history.

What electronic or monitoring was then triggered on a slew of other people? Caution: I may be wrong as to how wide a net this could cast.

oh just thought of something. Speculation only: What if the "corroborated" part of the dossier on Page was the Isikoff story. Man that would be awesome to catch them in that. Too good to wish for.

adding: Hannity is reporting that the above is exactly what the FBI did. Use Isikoff to confirm Steele. holy Cow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
My own speculation here based on the facts we know and the commentary I have read or watched from other sources.

Carter Page was "on the radar" back in 2013 due to his work in/with Russia. He was likely investigated and determined to be nothing. Once he was linked with the Trump campaign he became a target for further investigation, a conduit to slander Trump. Clinton connections in the DOJ and/ or FBI alerted the campaign to the "opportunity", the campaign hired Steele via Fusion to connect the dots and start the leaks while the FBI and DOJ provided credibility to the Trump portion of the dossier by pursuing the Page portion of the dossier. After all, if part of the dossier is about a real live Russian spook under a FISA warrant sanctioned investigation then the rest of it has credibility by association, right?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Extract from Shiff's interview below.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw this concerning Carter Page. It follows time lines on topics I haven't heard about.

https://theconservativetreehou...isa-court-hes-a-spy/

Partial snippet:

quote:
In 2013 Carter Page was working as an “under-cover employee” (UCE) of the FBI, helping them to build a case against “Evgeny Buryakov”. In March 2016 Carter Page remained their informant pre-trial leading to a pleading of guilty from Buryakov.

[Note – Pay close attention to dates, names in descriptions amid all citations]

Sources: ♦ In 2013 the U.S. Department of Justice, Southern District of New York, announced an indictment against a Russian Operative Evgeny Buryakov. LINK HERE In March of 2016 Buryakov pleaded GUILTY:

quote:
Preet Bharara, the United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, and John P. Carlin, Assistant Attorney General for National Security, announced that EVGENY BURYAKOV, a/k/a “Zhenya,” pled guilty today to conspiring to act in the United States as an agent of the Russian Federation, without providing prior notice to the Attorney General.

[…] The FBI obtained the recordings after Sporyshev attempted to recruit an FBI undercover employee (“UCE-1”), who was posing as an analyst from a New York-based energy company. In response to requests from Sporyshev, UCE-1 provided Sporyshev with binders containing purported industry analysis written by UCE-1 and supporting documentation relating to UCE-1’s reports, as well as covertly placed recording devices.(more)

♦ In 2016 Reuters published an article, based on the ongoing court case, going into detail about court records and how the FBI built their case. Reuters also describes the FBI UCE-1 (Under-Cover Employee) with strong detail. LINK HERE

quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) – The FBI eavesdropped on meetings involving Russian intelligence personnel in New York City, including a suspected spy posing as a trade representative, by hiding recorders in binders containing supposedly confidential information about the energy sector, U.S. prosecutors said.

The hours of covert recordings from 2013 were disclosed in papers filed in Manhattan federal court on Tuesday in the case of Evgeny Buryakov, a Russian citizen who U.S. prosecutors say posed as a banker while participating in a Cold War-style spy ring.

[…] According to prosecutors, in April 2012, Sporyshev met an undercover FBI employee posing as an analyst at a New York energy firm at an oil and gas industry conference.

Over the next two years, they met to discuss the industry and other economic and political issues, prosecutors said, with Sporyshev providing gifts and cash for information.

In 2013, the FBI employee began providing Sporyshev with the binders containing purported industry analysis he wrote, supporting documents, and “covertly placed recording devices,” prosecutors wrote. (more)

♦ In April 2017, writing a story about Carter Page (trying to enhance/affirm the Russian narrative), the New York Times outlined Page’s connections to the Trump campaign. However, New York Times also references Page’s prior connection to the Buryakov case. If you ignore the narrative, you discover the UCE1 description is Carter Page. READ [Notice how the story is shaped] LINK HERE:

quote:

Russian intelligence operatives tried in 2013 to recruit an American businessman and eventual foreign policy adviser to the Trump campaign who is now part of the F.B.I. investigation into Russia’s interference into the American election, according to federal court documents and a statement issued by the businessman.

The businessman, Carter Page, met with one of three Russians who were eventually charged with being undeclared officers with Russia’s foreign intelligence service, known as the S.V.R.

The F.B.I. interviewed Mr. Page in 2013 as part of an investigation into the spy ring, but decided that he had not known the man was a spy, and the bureau never accused Mr. Page of wrongdoing.

The court documents say that Mr. Page, who founded an investment company in New York called Global Energy Capital, provided documents about the energy business to one of the Russians. […] To record their conversations, the F.B.I. inserted a listening device into binders that were passed to the Russian intelligence operatives during an energy conference, according to a former United States intelligence official. (more)

Posts: 589 | Location: Alexandria, LA | Registered: April 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that info, to tie some of these things together.

What has become of Lisa Page and Peter Strzok? Nobody has heard from those two.

Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Maybe this has been asked before, but I have one question:

Now that all of this is out in the open, where do we go from here? What does it take to start the wheels in motion to prosecute these assholes?

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 989 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
Maybe this has been asked before, but I have one question:

Now that all of this is out in the open, where do we go from here? What does it take to start the wheels in motion to prosecute these assholes?

That’s easy. Criminal violations of federal law are handled exclusively by the Department of Justice. No worries!

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
So if Page was an undercover employee of the Fibbers, the Fibbers used a news story based on a dubious report to confirm the accuracy of that dubious report in order to bring an action against their own undercover informant so that they could investigate Trump's campaign? Is that what...I'm supposed to be reading here?

And I thought Fast'n'Furious was bizarre.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

She's apparently not speaking with Peter any longer.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-more-questions.html

"The last text is from Page to Strzok, and comes on June 23, 2017, when she wrote, "Please don't ever text me again."

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15773 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

"The last text is from Page to Strzok, and comes on June 23, 2017, when she wrote, "Please don't ever text me again."

Given that IG Horowitz discovered the texts in July 2017 (Link), I bet Page got wind of the IG discovery and wanted to warned her co-adulterous office partner and warned him verbally and then in a text.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31556 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

Have they been subpoenaed to ‘fess up anywhere, or are they being preserved inviolate for a grandjury somewhere?

The Daily Mail has photos of Lisa leaving her townhome, and her husband leaving separately back in December. I’m surprised they aren’t under surveillance, hounded by the media, by the FBI, by the Ruskies. It’s probably hard to find a place to park around their places.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Lisa Page and Peter Strzok

Those 2 might need to be placed in witness protection...

Posts: 543 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post