SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Have you stopped watching "the news" altogether
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you stopped watching "the news" altogether Login/Join 
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
Absolutely zero TV or radio news now unless there's a major weather/civil event. Rush was the only radio news/talk I listened to and with his passing I called it quits. What little Fox News I once watched ended with their 2020 election night shenanigans.

Other than SigForum I still read Breitbart, PJ Media and Conservative Treehouse for national news. Michigan CapCon keeps me apprised of state-level asshattery. Reading a few of the pundits (Schlichter, Babylon Bee, etc) helps keep the spirits up by knowing there's plenty of folks out there unwilling to take one iota of crap from traitorous woke leftards.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2049 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My disgust with the news media came during the early months of Covid.

Inaccurate numbers given to the news outlets and none of them questioning these. Such as taking deaths that happened a number of days before, not originally attributed to Covid, reviewing and adding them to the new daily figures. For example, say twenty deaths found to have have occurred on the first day of the month were now reclassified on the fifteenth, those were counted in as happening on the fifteenth.

Figures like that, you never had any idea if the actions to mitigate transmission were actually working.

While the media would not make a separate occurred earlier column by late May they would acknowledge the number each day of the reclassified cases.

That was my final kiss off to the local stations.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8179 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Yes, years ago. No TV at all.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I stopped and went so far as to dump weather channel .
I do occasionally watch history and maybe four channels
Any news ,hell no I got no time for the lying bastards.

Posts: 22412 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not watched any ‘news’ program since the election.

I still read The Conservative Treehouse and other information sites similar to it.

Posts: 3504 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I don't watch the news, it just makes me yell at the TV.

I listen to the morning body count and traffic on my way into work and that is all.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34190 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gave it all up in 2019. No regrets. I get my news from websites, though not the network news company websites. They're dead to me.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Nope. I am a frequent Fox watcher. Like Varney, Kudlow, Dagny, Elizabeth, Tyrus. And Gutfeld for giggles. Occasionally spy on the enemy at CNN and MSNBC.
Then I come here for confirmation

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6340 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I'm a reader and much prefer to get the news without the noise. Have not watched any tv other than occasional movies in years.

Posts: 4716 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched any news for well over 3 years. I don't remember exactly when I stopped but it was a long time ago. I used to get a lot of my news from various blogs and Twitter. These days I just assume all news related to politics is fake and /or spun. So I mostly just don't even bother with news anymore unless there is a topic that particularly interests me.

Posts: 6068 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I have stopped! Have attempted to watched a few times since the election and cannot stomach any of it.

Posts: 18067 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
No TV here for several years.
I learn about current events on this forum usually.
Otherwise I’ll watch some YouTube and that’s about it.
I’m outside with the dogs as much as possible.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Yes. I too rely on SIGforum for my news. The only network TV show I deliberately watch is Jeopardy! - and then always at a fiend's house. If by chance the programming flips over to a 'shitcom' or the news, I generally ignore the drivel or in extreme cases excuse myself. Having ditched my home cable several years ago, I stream documentaries or carefully selected film titles for my evening entertainment.

Posts: 3511 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
Yes, I stopped shortly after the election in November. I still feel very well informed as I have to read financial and economic research daily at my job. The rest I piece together from this forum and various odds and ends. I am much happier surrounding myself with things that I can control and the news provided none of that to me.

Posts: 2988 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Yes, completely. At 6:15pm I tune in to a local channel for the (mostly wrong) weather forecast.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7127 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I watch an occasional "news" broadcast on Fox News, but usually only to get a feel for what's happening. I do watch several of the opinion shows: Tucker, Hannity, Ingraham, Watters, and Levin. I know that they aren't particularly unbiased, but I enjoy them. Local news on the local stations only when I hear of something going down in Dallas and want more about it.

I rely on posts here for accurate news.

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Same here....Election night was IT for us. Plus by November my yet to be diagnosed brain tumor was starting to REALLY affect me. So we had other irons in the fire.

Don't mis the lying MSM at all.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yes

Except for a 4 minute DVR recording targeted at local weather.

Posts: 7283 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Para,, I’ve got the same plan.

Posts: 11151 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
There is only ONE channel I watch.

RFD-TV. I love agriculture, farming, ranching, food production, that sort of thing.

There's no crap news on RFD-TV.

I will pay attention to their news reports only as it related to, as I mentioned, Farming Ranching Agriculture, etc, things of that nature. Thats what they do and that's why I watch. No politics, no crap, etc.

RFD-TV basically stands for Rural Farm Delivery or Rural Free Delivery.

Posts: 11888 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post