SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is a payday very far in the future if it ever comes. You ever try and collect from a lawsuit?? That is fantasy.

Did you just not see NBC settle with the Covington kid?

And, FYI I have sued and successfully collected. Went to the sheriff found the bank accounts whole 9 yards.

What is your point? NBC PBS ABC CBS CNN MSNBC don’t have enough money to pay? Their accounts are empty?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Dude. That kid is a WHOLE different story. Nobody is out to ice him.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^
Dude. That kid is a WHOLE different story. Nobody is out to ice him.

How do you know this? You don’t think radical natives can’t be upset?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
He probably could afford one with $100 million in the bank from all the alphabet channels.
Perhaps one provision of the MSNBC settlement when it comes around is to have Joy Reid scrub the toilets in the kid's house for a month.

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
He probably could afford one with $100 million in the bank from all the alphabet channels.
Perhaps one provision of the MSNBC settlement when it comes around is to have Joy Reid scrub the toilets in the kid's house for a month.

He did say that he had great attorneys working on it… would be interesting to see some creativity. We can only hope!

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
How about all the toilets in all the gas stations in Kenosha?

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Now, Miss Joy, here's a new scrub brush and a bottle of toilet bowl cleaner. Dad has had the explosive shits for a couple of days, so you've got your work cut out for you..."

posted Hide Post
quote:
And, FYI I have sued and successfully collected. Went to the sheriff found the bank accounts whole 9 yards.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe you should represent the kid with all your legal acumen. He does need immediate help getting some of his bail money from Lin Wood. Good luck on that one.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Maybe you should represent the kid with all your legal acumen. He does need immediate help getting some of his bail money from Lin Wood. Good luck on that one.

Decaf brew …

~Robert A. Heinlein

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
I don't drink coffee. I think you need to come down to reality. Of course the networks have money, but you will need a top flight legal team to see even a penny. Get back with me when he collects some money from the networks.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course the networks have money, but you will need a top flight legal team to see even a penny. Get back with me when he collects some money from the networks.
How would we know? How could you know? Almost always, the details of such settlements are kept secret.

When Nick Sandman settled with NBC, what do you think he got? A toaster? That kid probably has millions by now.

Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^
I don't drink coffee. I think you need to come down to reality. Of course the networks have money, but you will need a top flight legal team to see even a penny. Get back with me when he collects some money from the networks.

Don’t treat me like your bitch ZSMichael. I am not here to notify you of anything; ever.

BTW FYI There are lots of things that have caffeine in it besides coffee fwiw.

How about we place some wager for say, erm … $3000 on the outcome? I bet he takes home tens of millions of dollars within 24-36 months. What say you?

Hmmm?

~Robert A. Heinlein

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32515 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks I got a good chuckle.

posted Hide Post
Everyone is built and programmed different. Kyle does not seem like the kind to back down.

If he was, I'm not sure he would be here today.

He has been through the ringer, and now he is pissed........and he has pissed off people on his side.

Whatever comes I wish him the best. He has more sand in him than I ever did.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yep.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Serious question here. Do any of the lawyer types here know if there's a formula for what percentage of a lawsuit amount eventually becomes the settlement amount? Is it a function of legal costs plus bad PR or exactly how does it work? If KR sues CNN for $100 million, obviously, they're never going to pay that. What percentage would he likely get as part of a settlement?

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Lawyers always low ball.

Point of fact, if someone sued the city-the city offered $10k out the gate….so some bum who fell thru a broken sewer grate and broke his leg jumps at that number and settles….

It’s all in proportion to what the lawyers think the plaintiff will settle for…

Never take the first offer.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11286 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://nationalfile.com/buste...illed-two-black-men/

National Geographic published a book about ancient Egypt that mentioned Kyle Rittenhouse, and wildly mischaracterized the self defense shooting he was involved in nearly two years ago.

In the book “The Good Kings: Absolute Power in Ancient Egypt and the Modern World” by Kara Cooney, published by National Geographic, the author falsely claims that Rittenhouse killed “two Black men” in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

Rittenhouse never stood accused of murdering two black men, or one black man.

All of the men he shot in self defense had white skin.

Regardless, Cooney wrote:

“Or consider 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, who used his semiautomatic weapon to kill two Black men in Kenosha, Wisconsin, while waging a glorious race war on behalf of his inherited White power.”

“That’s not to mention the White people who rallied behind him to post his bail. Fear has gripped the patriarchy, and the threat of righteous violence—or the lethal use of it—is the patriarchy’s response.”

National File obtained a digital copy of the book and verified the claim exists in the text.

The claim is in the last chapter of the book, which is titled “Smashing The Patriarchy.”

This remark was written in the context of how ancient Egyptian authoritarian power structures are still seen in the 21st century.

It seems likely that National Geographic published Cooney because of her status as an academic. She is an Egyptology Professor at UCLA.

According to the book’s Amazon description, “Her academic work focuses on death preparations, social competition, and gender studies. She appeared as a lead expert in the popular Discovery Channel special ‘The Secrets of Egypt’s Lost Queen’ and produced and wrote Discovery’s Out of Egypt.”

The book was published on November 2, 2021, when the facts of the Rittenhouse case – namely, that the men he shot in self defense were not black – were long established, but weeks before the teen was acquitted.

In reality, Rittenhouse shot three men, fatally injuring two.

Joseph Rosenbaum, who died, was a convicted pedophile who raped boys between the ages 9 and 11. Court documents reveal he was charged with 11 counts of sex crimes against young boys.

He had been released from a mental institution and turned away by his family earlier that day.

Anthony Huber, who died, was shot by Rittenhouse after he struck the teen in the head with a skateboard. Huber had previously been arrested for “battery, drugs, and other charges” and had a disorderly conduct conviction from 2018 as a domestic abuse repeater, which is a misdemeanor.

He once allegedly held a 6-inch-long butcher knife to his brother’s neck and threatened to “gut him like a pig,” according to the criminal complaint.

Gaige Grosskreuts, who survived, was shot in the bicep by Rittenhouse after raising a gun toward the teen. He admitted to this in court, devastating the prosecution’s narrative.

He was accused of drunk driving in 2021, but the charges were dismissed.

National File has contacted National Geographic and alerted the publication of the demonstrably false claim. National File asked if National Geographic had plans to rectify the false statement.

National Geographic did not immediately reply when asked if it stands behind its author, or if its author has released a statement regarding the false claim.

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Time to sue National Geographic for slander and defamation of character. No delay, no holds barred, no allowed retraction of the story to avoid the suit. Sue them for millions. No more games with the leftist trash.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post