SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case
Page 1 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 93
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news for a change! Judge tells prosecutor to pound sand in Rittenhouse case Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I bet prosecution would be tough (no actual contact), but I'd still like to see it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I said this earlier, and I'll say it again. The best thing that kid could have done was take a nice 6 month vacation in a nice secluded location until Spring as soon as the trial ended.

No appearances, no interviews, don't even talk to anyone but your parents or attorney. Just disappear for a while.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ I bet prosecution would be tough (no actual contact), but I'd still like to see it.

It would be. If not near impossible.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Oh boy! Another pissing contest!

LOL - I actually read/heard that in Flounder's (from Animal House) voice. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to judge KR for whatever he does next. He's going to be the Kenosha Kid for the rest of his life. In reality if he makes a 'wrong' move or two it's not going to change that. He could disappear for two years or go on speaking tours, either way everyone will still know his name and no one's opinion of him will change.

Good luck Kyle in whatever life brings you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
For Christ sakes he’s 18, how many of us said or did stupid things at 18, without having to go through the trial of your life on a worldwide scale. Let the kid be, his life is going to be hard enough.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ This. He never volunteered to be a symbol. He got caught up in circumstances where he was forced to vindicate the legitimacy of EBR ownership and self-defense in one hostile-as-hell jurisdiction, and he managed to do that for the rest of us. Let him have the rest of his life however he decides to live it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
LS1GTO. Ha ha. I remember the movie but don’t remember that line. I grew up hearing the expression from my dad.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Flounder says, "OH BOY! IS THIS GREAT!"

And I, too, can TOTALLY hear Flounder in your dad's expression... Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I will never fault somebody for stepping up and protecting their communities, even if we don't all agree on the fashion in which it was done.

I know some people feel that standing back and watching a city burn is the best option for them, but I'm not the type that could do that, and won't hold it against others who find themselves in that same situation.

Hind sight is 20/20, but in the end a little bit of trash was taken out that night. Perhaps that will dissuade similar trash from stepping out the next time something like that happens again. That's a win for society.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15696 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Andy Ngo reports George Floyd relative who was claiming (in a video) to reveal jurors in the Rittenhouse trial, has been arrested for making contact with jurors.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://madison.com/news/state...3f-e7cfde9015bc.html

"Kyle has requested that the firearm be destroyed ... There's nothing to celebrate about that weapon; there isn't. Kyle has no interest and no want to recover that weapon, and absolutely no interest to sell it or anything,” David Hancock, a former Navy Seal who serves as the Rittenhouse family’s spokesman, said in a phone interview Tuesday.

However, it may not be up to Rittenhouse.

Under Wisconsin law, firearms seized as part of an investigation are held as evidence by police until the investigation is over.

“Though the case involving Mr. Rittenhouse has been concluded, the firearm is still being held in evidence as Mr. Black’s property until the time his case is resolved,” Sgt. Leo Viola of the Kenosha Police Department said in an email Monday.

In the eyes of the Kenosha Police Department, the rifle is Black’s property — not Rittenhouse’s.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Dominick Black has been charged w 2 counts of providing a firearm to someone under 18 and the firearm is discharged and causes death
Black's next court appearance is a status conference on 10 Jan 2022

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well...if they ever get to destroy it I hear Benchmade might be eager to assist with that project. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Incorrect. He was actually arrested for trying to intimidate the judge in a non-related case in Minnesota, not anything related to the Rittenhouse jurors:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/kim...ion-court-appearance

quote:
The Black Lives Matter protester charged with intimidating the judge presiding over the trial for former police officer Kim Potter in the shooting of Daunte Wright has been extradited to Minnesota ahead of his first court appearance Tuesday.

Cortez Rice, 32, of Minneapolis, is currently being held at Hennepin County Jail on a $50,000 bond, the Hennepin County Attorney's Office tells Fox News Digital. His first court appearance is scheduled to take place at 1:30 p.m. CT.

Rice was taken into custody on Nov. 30 after Wisconsin State Patrol pulled him over for speeding on a freeway, court records show. He was allegedly operating without a valid driver’s license. He was transported Monday night from Waukesha County Jail back to Minnesota.

Rice is charged with felony harassment with aggravated violations, tampering with a juror and retaliating against a judicial officer, in connection to a Nov. 6 protest at an apartment building he and other demonstrators believed to be where Hennepin County Judge Regina Chu lives.

Chu initially issued an order banning cameras from the courtroom from the trial, prompting Rice and other protesters to show up on Nov. 6 to an apartment building in downtown Minneapolis, according to the criminal complaint obtained by Fox News Digital.

While other protesters remained outside, Rice entered the building while livestreaming himself on YouTube, "thus recording his comments in addition to the demands made by the group to reverse the order," the criminal complaint first unsealed on Friday says.

Once in the hallway outside a 12th floor unit, Rice states, "We’s tight on her a**. We on her heels. What she think… we want camera. The people deserve to know."

"I don’t know if this is her crib. I think this is her crib right here," Rice continues, while standing outside the door of Chu’s assumed unit. "We got confirmation that this is here house right here."

He also added that he is "waiting for the gang to get up here."

Once back down in the lobby, another protester asks him if they are at the correct location and Rice responds, "That’s her sh** right there. She can hear us." Rice joins the other protesters again outside and tells others in the crowd where he believes Chu’s apartment is located.

"That b**** looking at us," he says. "That’s her window on the 12th floor."

Calling out Chu’s name, Rice then shouts, "We demand transparency. We’d hate you to get kicked out of your apartment." A different protester says the demonstration is a "trial run" and they’d be back.

Interviewed by police afterward, Chu told investigators "she believed she was the target of the Defendant and the other protesters," the complaint says. "She further stated that it was her belief the intention was to intimidate her and to interfere with the judicial process."

It’s unclear if that apartment was where Chu currently lived or if she was present at the time.

Chu had initially ruled in August that she would not allow recording or livestreaming of Potter’s trial. Days after the incident involving protesters targeting what was believed to be her home, the judge cited the state of the coronavirus pandemic and the delta variant in her reversal in now permitting the livestream.

In changing course about the livestream, Chu wrote in her Nov. 9 ruling that the timing of the protest was unfortunate but had no impact on her decision. She affirmed, "The bedrock of our democracy is the rule of law and that means we must have an independent judiciary and judges who can make decisions independent of the political winds that are blowing, protests or attempts at intimidation."

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I was just spreading bad information.

I shall therefore retire and spank thyself assiduously.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Well...if they ever get to destroy it I hear Benchmade might be eager to assist with that project. Big Grin

Well played.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
We (nationwide) do need to stream all trials, almost always.

Too much behind the scenes shit goes sideways. Too many side deals. Too many lies.

Too many people in positions of power can't be trusted, too many abuses of power.

The system is definitely broken in a dozen ways.

But harassing judges and going to their homes is unacceptable and monumentally stupid, as is most of the protest tactics and all that. Fuck those guys...

But the points are absolutely valid, just the same.

Put bodycams on judges, and DAs, record and make available every interview, have independent oversight panels, whatever it takes to expel the crookedness and fuckery out of the machine itself, at all levels. It's a hot mess now and long has been.

Lead by example. Be beyond good. Err on the side of liberty and justice for all.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
. . . [snip] . . .
Lead by example. Be beyond good. Err on the side of liberty and justice for all.

Perhaps. What of jurors? Should they be covered as well, or should they be kept completely anonymous?

I’d expect that “outing” jurists might lead to fears of if not outright intimidation.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Just wanted you to know that spanking the monkey didn't go unnoticed. Big Grin

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

You ought make a video of that and post it on onnlyfans.com.

I bet you would make a small fortune.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post