SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 ... 912
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Crown at LIV Golf Tournament breaks out "Lets Go Brandon" chant where Trump is in attendance.

Link

Video Of Trump Goes Viral After ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Chant Breaks Out At LIV Golf

Footage of former President Donald Trump listening to a “Let’s Go Brandon” chant at the LIV Golf tournament went viral Sunday.

The former president was flanked by his son, Donald Trump Jr., Fox News host and Daily Caller co-founder Tucker Carlson, as well as Republican Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, all of whom were smiling and laughing as the chant broke out over the course, video shared on Twitter shows. Trump Jr.’s girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, and Eric Trump were also in attendance.

Trump was wearing his iconic “Make America Great Again” hat, embroidered with the number “45” on the side, as he pumped his fist to the beat of the chant. The chant was first made popular after an interviewer misheard a crowd of NASCAR fans yelling “Fuck Joe Biden,” claiming they were actually cheering “Let’s Go Brandon,” for driver Brandon Brown.

“I accidentally became one of the most famous drivers in NASCAR,” Brown said after the chant went viral, replacing the former “Fuck Joe Biden” cry. “Thousands of fans could be heard chanting what the reporter (incorrectly) said was ‘Let’s Go Brandon!,’ and a meme was born.” (RELATED: Watch As ‘Lets Go Brandon’ Chant Takes Over America)

A follow-up image from the golfing weekend showed Trump chatting with Carlson as Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle watched the tournament. At one point during the event, Trump reportedly signed memorabilia that fans brought along, according to tweets.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Crown at LIV Golf Tournament breaks out "Lets Go Brandon" chant where Trump is in attendance.
Yeah, well, he and the crowd didn't do LIV Golf any favors with that stunt.

Attendance at Bedminster was observed to be noticeably down from that of the two prior LIV events, as were the YouTube viewership numbers.

Of course there may be many explanations for that, but it is strongly suspected the venue likely had more than a little to do with it.

IMO, the same principle applies here as it does on the other side of the political divide: Why go out of your way to offend half your customer base?

If LIV lives, I suspect that stunt may well have precluded future LIV Golf events at Trump-owned golf courses.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Oh, the travesty of it all... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
8/1/22

Description

In the third hour of the morning show, Larry O'Connor and Julie Gunlock talked to legal analyst Joe diGenova and VA-8 GOP nominee Karina Lipsman.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ed-david-farnsworth/

Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, a Republican who testified at the January 6 Committee hearing against former President Donald Trump, lost his primary to State Sen. David Farnsworth.

Bowers was stymied by the Trump-backed candidate in his attempt to join the state Senate for its longer term limits.

Farnsworth criticized Bowers for refusing to help Trump or go along with a contentious 2021 election “audit” that Republican leaders in the Senate commissioned. Bowers also drew criticism after he testified in front of the January 6 Committee hearing against Trump in June.

Farnsworth will automatically win the state Senate seat because no Democrat is running in the heavily Republican district.

Bowers faced an uphill battle during the election after the state Republican Party censured him following his June testimony before the January 6 Committee.

“I’m well aware that I’m highly distrusted,”

with good reason

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like justice was correct and swift!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Arizona House Speaker Rusty Bowers, a Republican who testified at the January 6 Committee hearing against former President Donald Trump, lost his primary to State Sen. David Farnsworth.
KARMA!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Liz Cheney is disgusting.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Dick Cheney lashes out at Trump in a campaign ad for daughter Liz

It’s been known since 2015, when Donald Trump first came down the escalator, that the Bush family’s allegiance is entirely with the Obama-Biden claque. It was no surprise, therefore, that Liz Cheney would be in the NeverTrump category. Still, it’s been interesting seeing her personal animus toward Trump turn her into the Democrats’ most vicious weapon on the January 6 Committee. And it’s even more surprising—and kind of disgusting—to see her drag her dad, Dick, out of his retirement to demonstrate his own personal animus toward Trump.

You know how I love context, so let me start with the automatically generated photo montage that you get when you go to Bing and do a search for “ Bush and Obama families”:

Could the love fest be more nauseating? Incidentally, you don’t get a montage like that when you do a Bing search for “Bush and Trump families.”

Nor do those pictures paint a false impression. The Bush family absolutely refused to support Donald Trump in 2016. Whether this was because they were mad that he insulted Low Energy Jeb! or because the Bush clan’s “compassionate conservativism” was nothing more than an amalgam of soft leftism and globalism, the fact remained that the two living Republican presidents in 2016 (both named George Bush) effectively threw their weight to Hillary in 2016. Then, in 2020, the one remaining George Bush effectively backed Biden.

Liz and Dick Cheney were part of this anti-Trump clannishness. During the early years of the Iraq War, the Bush-Cheney cabal seemed to be pro-American hawks fighting for America’s security. However, given their relaxed attitude to the Southern border and their war on Main Street in favor of Wall Street, it became increasingly clear that—and I hate to say this—the anti-War left was correct when it said that the administration’s actors were and are nothing more than warmongers. With Ukraine, Liz Cheney once again sees her role as getting America into a foreign war that confers no benefit on it.

Nothing made this more clear than their response to Trump’s refusal to embroil America in new conflicts, his emphasis on border security, and his refusal to kowtow to the Bush clan: They sided with the Democrats because, as between their delicate sensibilities and globalist values, on the one hand, and America’s well-being, on the other hand, America didn’t stand a chance.

No wonder, then, that Liz Cheney, given a choice between conservative values and trying to destroy Trump, opted to go after Trump. And if she must destroy hundreds of American lives along the way (remember those J6 prisoners), damage Congress by running a despotic kangaroo court, and abandon all her previously voiced principles to do so...well, omelets and broken eggs, right?

Unfortunately for Liz, even though she’s getting a lot of money, most of it is coming from people who don’t vote in Wyoming. Within Wyoming, at least as of April, the big money was going to Liz’s opponent, Harriet Hageman. The polls reflect the money: Wyoming voters are unimpressed by the out-of-state financiers, and Liz seems destined to lose the primary. The Republican voters whom CNN interviewed were very clear that Liz is not Wyoming’s candidate.

It’s against this backdrop that Daddy Dick appeared for a TV commercial in which he assured voters that Trump is the greatest threat to America in its history and that only Liz can save the Republic:

https://twitter.com/greg_price...or_daughter_liz.html

https://www.americanthinker.co...or_daughter_liz.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Funny how the left is now embracing the other most evil man ever in politics...Darth Vader himself.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I just ran across this 2019 article from the UnScientific UnAmerican.

Trump’s Border Wall Could Cause Flooding in Texas

And this gem:

How Trump's Wall Would Alter Our Biological Identity Forever

"It would destroy an extraordinary web of biodiversity that evolved over millions of years"

Dang. Millions of years and...FOREVER?? Eek

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Scientific American was once a great magazine. When I was in school I eagerly awaited it being out on the shelves and I’d read it mostly cover to cover.

Today it’s but a hollow ghost of what it was. Most of the articles are demonstrably biased and anything but scientific.

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
...demonstrably biased...
Openly, blatantly, laughably biased.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
Scientific American was once a great magazine. When I was in school I eagerly awaited it being out on the shelves and I’d read it mostly cover to cover.

Today it’s but a hollow ghost of what it was. Most of the articles are demonstrably biased and anything but scientific.
Much like Newsweek magazine for me YEARS ago. Now it's a Libtarded RAG; a bastion of idiotic wokeness. I wouldn't even use it as toilet paper...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Just heard on TV that the FBI is raiding the Mar-a-Lago Trump residence, looking for a link...

Trump has a statement out re the raid on Truth Social.

Added JTN link:

https://justthenews.com/politi...l&utm_campaign=trjtn

quote:
Former President Donald Trump on Monday evening issued a statement saying that FBI agents had raided his Florida estate in Mar a Lago, describing his home as being "under siege."

"The are dark times for our Nation, as my beautiful home, Mar-a-Lago, in Palm Beach, Florida, is currently under siege, raided, and occupied by a large group of FBI agents," Trump said in a statement. "Nothing like this has ever happened to a President of the United States before."

"After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate," he continued. "It is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don't want me to run for President in 2024, especially based on recent polls, and who will likewise do anything to stop Republicans and Conservatives in the upcoming Midterm Elections."

Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World Countries," he lamented. "Sadly America has now become one of those Countries, corrupt at a level not seen before. They even broke into my safe!"

"What is the difference between this and Watergate, where operatives broke into the Democrat National Committee?" Trump queried. "Here, in reverse, Democrats broke into the home of the 45th President of the United States."

"The lawlessness, political prosecution, and Witch Hunt must be exposed and stopped," he concluded.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Just heard on TV that the FBI is raiding the Mar-a-Lago Trump residence, looking for a link...

Trump has a statement out re the raid on Truth Social.
I also just saw that on Newsmax.
Supposedly they've even gotten into his safe.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...source=breakingemail

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
Those in power really have a desperate need to get rid of Trump. I am praying he gets a chance to set it straight.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Who gave the orders to do this?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
What ever the outcome, this is chilling stuff. I’ve never seen such open weaponization of the FBI. Whoever issued the warrant better have an airtight, slam dunk case. Because if it’s just a fishing expedition, everyone from the top down should resign.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... one can imagine the conversations between those with search warrants demanding access, and the Secret Service detail ...

All for what, boxes of White House documents, some of which contained (allegedly) classified materials.

For the "Archives".
Uh-huh.

Who's who in that zoo.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post