SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure the first was Obama.

Michele?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7274 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:

Abe Lincoln was a little surprised by this until I explained to him that it was a different kind of beard.

Then he was very surprised.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
It says "the first since".

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
My apologies if I’ve missed prior discussion on this point re: the local officers posted inside the building the shooter eventually fired from. There’s reporting that one or more of these officers “observed” Crooks prior to his apparently scaling the building, they took a picture of him, etc.

With the caveat that I am NOT someone with law enforcement experience - did something prevent one or more of the officers from simply confronting Crooks with something along the lines of, “May I help you?”, interviewing him on the spot while the guy was still on the ground / before he “disappeared” (to the rooftop)?

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6733 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
in the vid on the previous page we get to see MS. USSS 2024 still walking in circles, fiddle farting with her gun, hand on, hand off. she oughta go join a convent or a garage band where she could find herself.

Posts: 6503 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The local sniper team called for backup — alerting the command post that the gunman had a backpack and was walking toward the back of the building.

By the time other local officers responded to the backup request, the gunman had scaled the building, positioning himself above and behind the local snipers inside the building, according to the officer.

ANother failure here, IMO.

Why couldn't the local sniper team go out and intercept him? It's not like they were scheduled to go up to the roof. Pretty sure they'd have handguns with them and not just their sniper rifle.

smh

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8153 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
in the vid on the previous page we get to see MS. USSS 2024 still walking in circles, fiddle farting with her gun, hand on, hand off. she oughta go join a convent or a garage band where she could find herself.

That woman looks scared and stressed, even hiding behind the dark glasses. Smdh.

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's hard for me not to think that this country was 1mm away from potentially falling into a civil war.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:
Why would the USSS Director even show up at the convention of either of the major political parties? They aren't supposed to be partisan, and they aren't field officers, so just what did she think she was going to accomplish by showing up there?

Provoking a response?

She wanted a confrontation so she can become a victim.

The correct response would have been to shun her, Amish style.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Director of SS, wanting to go someplace quieter when confronted at the convention is understandable. However, why behind closed doors? She owes the American people a clear explanation.

Being secretive just adds fuel to the conspiracy fires.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Lehigh County,PA-USA | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I want this USSS Director gone now more than ever, my God who does this arrogant woman think she is showing up at the RNC like that?

I think it’s inevitable though, each day as we get more information at just what an utter disaster this was, she will be forced out. It’s clear she’s never going to voluntarily resign but she will be told to.

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
It is infuriating that this is the level of security he was provided. No prior president and current candidate should be given the b team. Heck I wouldn’t even call them that. Perhaps D team is more fitting. I would love to know the backgrounds of the female agents. Were they subway sandwich chefs prior to this assignment? They certainly do not look like they have had any combat experience nor proficiency with firearms. Just picture any of the professional female shooters out there and how they would react if they were in their place. There is visible way one carries themselves when they are a master of their emotions, the situation, and their skill set. I saw no alphas that day and they should all be alphas in that role.

I hope some of them come forward to reveal the facts and orders given that day. Hopefully some of them have enough honor and pride in the job to blow the whistle.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TRIO:
The Director of SS, wanting to go someplace quieter when confronted at the convention is understandable. However, why behind closed doors? She owes the American people a clear explanation.

Being secretive just adds fuel to the conspiracy fires.

She wasn't there to give the American people a clear explanation. That's the last thing she wants to do. She will be called before Congress and humiliated but she won't provide a clear explanation, or a sincere apology. She may even be allowed to remain in the job through the election. The Biden administration will not accept responsibility for setting the entire world on fire, why should she? She's a friend of Jill...

quote:
I want this USSS Director gone now more than ever, my God who does this arrogant woman think she is showing up at the RNC like that?

As was said above, she was there only to provoke a response. There was no legitimate reason for her to show her face at the RNC.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
No prior president and current candidate should be given the b team. Heck I wouldn’t even call them that. Perhaps D team is more fitting.

The utter confusion following the shots, much less the gross negligence, if not outright or benign malice, before the shots shows the security detail was not a “team.”

Rather the security detail operated as individual units under no meaningful coordinating command authority with an appropriate span of operational control.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
^

Truth!

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5187 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I think she came to the convention for the purpose of acting like she did nothing wrong and everyone else knows that and that all of this was just coincidence and happenstance. She wanted to gauge the reaction if any. When she got confronted she looked to me like someone who just got caught doing something horrendous and had that deer in the head lights look. What was said behind those closed doors? I guess Bongino was wrong when his source told him she was being told to shut her mouth or she would lose her job. Wouldn't it be something if she turned into the whistle blower!!

And how nice of her to "agree" to appear as per the subpoena. Subpoena usually mean you are summoned by law to appear. Seems in the government you can decide on your own to honor it or not. She does not appear to have the intestinal fortitude to withstand the questioning she is going to be put under. She is not a life long swamp rat who knows how to lie straight faced and can dance around any questioning. She might be able to for a little while but she will break. What she is about to face is something she can't fathom. I'm sure Jill and company are happy to sacrifice her.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Re: subpoenas

Democrats have always treated them as “optional”.

Just look at the past 20 years of Dems being subpoenaed

I’m not shocked at all that this arrogant woman has “agreed“ to appear before Congress

Posts: 34536 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:

snip>>

"I saw no alphas that day and they should all be alphas in that role."

<<snip

You're right. No Alphas, just F Troop.

Posts: 6503 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
It's hard for me not to think that this country was 1mm away from potentially falling into a civil war.

Sorry if I missed it, but haven't heard much about the stark contrast between the riots and burning that occurred after the drug addled George Floyd's totally justified death and the peaceful response in the wake of a near assassination of Donald Trump.

Reverse the scenario and the flames would still be raging and the media would be having a meltdown.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1500 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think the fan base is big enough to see riots if the table was turned, unless they where staged and funded, again.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 390 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post