SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 ... 919
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I was listening to Mike Gallagher during my errand runs yesterday and the consensus is that President Trump would be doing himself a YUUUUGE favor if he just let the 2020 election go and stop obsessing over it so much in his rallies. He should instead, concentrate on what he's going to do/change to get this country out of the jaws of Communism and the dire state of the economy. I don't understand why so many Repubs are distancing themselves from Trump. Unless they're RINO's. Trump was the best thing to happen to the Republican party since 1980.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ I agree. Trump would do well to abandon his obsession with the past and concentrate on the future. The past is over with--there is no reasonable way that the 2020 Election will be overturned and Trump installed as President. He needs to focus on his future plans (and ours).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree also 100%.....he got screwed, so lets get things together and screw them!!

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I am a yuuuuge fan of Trump and believe he got screwed by the media. I have talked to some folks who think he is a terrible person. When I asked how that was so, it comes down to his In-Your-Face, sometimes brash style. For some of us that is an attractive, honest trait, but a lot of soccer moms can't stand it. Maybe it's more of that toxic masculinity thing. If he is going to run, he would do well to tone it down in some areas. But he was so right about so many things. There is a lot of buyers remorse over Biden and his circle of idiots. The Dems clearly fear Trump as they are still attacking him and trying to destroy his ability to hold office. Trump still has a lot to offer and I would love to see him in the White House again. Living in Florida I think it might be best all-around for Trump to come out in support of DeSantis and be the king maker, but I don't know if his ego would let him do that.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Too many people put their feelings ahead of what is truly important. Despite being attacked from all sides every minute of every day, Trump gave us more positive results - both political and cultural - in his term than any other president in the 20th/21st Centuries except for maybe Teddy Roosevelt.

I'd like four more years of Trump, then eight years of Desantis.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This ^^^^^^ 1000%

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO, the primary reason for the Trump bashing is that he was so effective. The more he fixed things, the more the uni-party was afraid of him. So they went all out on trying to stop the greatest president in many years.

So I would not be too worried about his "negative" image, as much of that is just propaganda.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^
I don't understand why so many Repubs are distancing themselves from Trump. Unless they're RINO's.

Here is just one non-RINO reason why some Repubs are distancing themselves from Trump. Do you really think he can win the 2024 election by spending half of every appearance telling us why he was robbed in the last election? I don't.

Posts: 1052 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Trump is flawed. But damn, I miss him in the White House.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D
6/28/22

Description

In the third hour of the morning show, Larry O'Connor and Julie Gunlock talked to legal analyst Joe diGenova and AUL's Catherine Glenn Foster. They also discussed Never Trumpers refusing to give Trump credit for Supreme Court justices and how celebs losing their mind over the abortion decision.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I am a yuuuuge fan of Trump and believe he got screwed by the media. I have talked to some folks who think he is a terrible person. When I asked how that was so, it comes down to his In-Your-Face, sometimes brash style. For some of us that is an attractive, honest trait, but a lot of soccer moms can't stand it.

I’m also a huge Trump fan because he WASN’T a politically correct, wet finger in the air politician. His ability to take reporters questions and tell them exactly how he felt was refreshing and hilarious…and he didn’t need focus groups to form an opinion.

I used to live with an over the top, brash guy from NY. I just ignored it for the most part because we were friends but I can see why it drove some people completely nuts. They can’t see past it.

<snippage>

quote:
Living in Florida I think it might be best all-around for Trump to come out in support of DeSantis and be the king maker, but I don't know if his ego would let him do that.

I don’t see a path to Trump winning in 2024. Sure, Bidet is a complete failure on all fronts but “Orange Man Bad!!” is still very much in play.
The stupid party (both) that fought Trump at every turn when he threatened their money draining sewer would both band together against it.
Trump’s policies brought forth by someone without the abrasive personality would be a win-win for everyone.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
25 y.o. testifies to DEMs that Donald Trump tried to physically commandeer the "Beast" on 6 Jan

one problem:

The lead Secret Service agent in charge of President Trump’s detail on January 6 will reportedly testify that the former president did not try to commandeer his suburban during the riots, thereby contradicting testimony from former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson on Tuesday.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...er-car-on-january-6/

update:

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...utchinsons-j6-story/

The Secret Service’s communication chief stated on Wednesday the agency was not asked to corroborate Cassidy Hutchinson’s Tuesday testimony before the January 6 Committee, where she claimed with secondhand knowledge that former President Donald Trump tried to commandeer “the Beast” after his rally that day.

“[W]e were not asked to reappear before the Committee in response to yesterday’s new information and we plan on formally responding on the record,” Anthony Guglielmi wrote in an email to Politico. “We have and will continue to make any member of the Secret Service available.”

Just hours after Hutchinson leveled the accusations against Trump, NBC News reported that Bobby Engel, Trump’s Secret Service man on duty on January 6, would testify under oath to contradict Hutchinson’s story of Trump’s alleged attempt to commandeer the Beast.

With the threatened debunking of Hutchinson’s testimony under oath, the 25-year-old’s attorney, Jody Hunt of Alston & Bird, alleged Hutchinson simply recounted to the committee what she was told secondhand.

Posts: 19571 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I thought hearsay was not permitted in court (and this IS a court, of sorts).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

This Demonrat kangaroo court has no rules that would infringe on their ability to spin an anti-Trump narrative.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I love Trump but too many people in the middle 80% wont vote for him - regardless of their opinion of him, his job performance as POTUS, or their opinion regarding the theft of the election - because of the constant, overwhelming media hysteria. They just dont want to hear that shit for another 4 years. I think DeSantis is more likely to beat any D opponent.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

This is a show-trial.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
What Trump Had to Say About a Potential Trump-DeSantis 2024 Ticket

The months-long speculations that Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) and President Trump will run for president in the 2024 election may ring true.

Rumor has it that the pair may even run together as a team.

cont...

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...34408&recip=26773771

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Since last year, I have always thought a Trump/DeSantis ticket would be the best chance at creaming the Democrats in 2024. Trump is still extremely popular; the man received 74 million votes in the troubled 2020 election. With the both of them, they can keep the WH red for 12 years.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pres. Trump was so close to pulling the drain plug of the swamp. Read this and see if you don't agree.

https://brownstone.org/article...tions-of-schedule-f/

There was too much to copy/paste and that is why I only posted a link. No intention to be rude.

Posts: 519 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post