SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 ... 957
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34054 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
This lunatic, I reckon, is about to have a very bad day.

https://x.com/garbotweetsU2/st.../1793415171739889964

Screenshot for posterity:

Looks like that nut got more attention than she bargained for.

https://x.com/LauraLoomer/status/1793599843035705385

Kathryn Grace Jordan, the woman followed by Democrat Senator Amy Klobuchar
@SenAmyKlobuchar
who threatened to shoot and kill President Trump in the Bronx today at his rally, has been banned from X.

After I reported her to
@SecretService
last night, I can confirm she’s under investigation.

Waiting to see if she’s been arrested too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Although I believe this to be an idle threat, we can still expect more of this in the future. The real threats are the ones we don't hear about, i.e., kept secret and not foolishly "telegraphed" like this.

Posts: 28127 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Another asshat who thinks she's important by making threats. Hold onto your knickers toots, even in the Souther District of NY threats to a former President are taken seriously.

Posts: 2793 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
This is one reason why Trump WILL WIN.

The man is in enemy territory. And is a rock star.

https://x.com/baldwin_daniel_/...ally-in-the-bronx%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108082 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Hundreds of black and Hispanic Trump fans descend on the Bronx to cheer him and slam Dems for 'lying' that he's racist

'Biden is president. He's currently a threat to black people. So that's what I say about that,' said Lily Robinson, from the Bronx.

Her friend Jasmine Gray, from New Jersey, added: 'A lot of people said nobody was going to show up because I was in the Bronx.
And I know that's just a fear tactic. That's a fear mongering tactics'

Navarra, 19, said she attended the rally because the country 'needs' Trump. She's originally from Bangladesh

Christina Gallagher, born and raised in the Bronx, attended the rally to to support Trump
and ask for congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio Cortes to be fired

Two young men from Long Island, Salvador and Walter said they support Trump
because he represents the American Dream that their parents left El Salvador for

When asked whether Trump represented a threat to Black Americans, Keith from Detroit
recalled Biden's 2020 comments where he claimed those who couldn't decide between him and Trump 'ain't black'

Angel, a young Latino man from Brooklyn, said he used to be a Democrat
but slowly turned away from the party over the last decade

A Latino group dances to the Trump campaign 's popular Spanish jingle

'Voy a votar por Donald Trump!' they screamed in unison. ('I'm going to vote for Donald Trump')

People with Dominican Republic and US flags chant while waiting in line to attend a rally for
former US President Donald Trump at Crotona Park in the Bronx borough of New York

As he seeks the presidency for a third time, Trump is aiming to win over black and Hispanic voters -
both groups that he has seen gains in

Trump’s campaign believes he can chip away at President Biden’s support among Black and Hispanic voters

Q

Posts: 26757 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^ Smile Smile Smile ^^^

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9121 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
No better sign an immigrant is assimilated than they are voting for DT.

Posts: 7518 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"The Donfather."

Great shirt.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“Donald Trump campaigned before 25,000 fans in one of the most heavily Democratic and non-white areas of the US on Thursday in a push to do what his critics believe is unthinkable: Win New York in 2024.

The rally crowd in the South Bronx's Crotona Park extended far beyond the 3,500  slated to appear, and thousands were forced to wait outside the fenced in area hoping to catch a glimpse of the 45th president.

Worryingly for the Democrats, the rally was packed with black and Hispanic people - two groups who Joe Biden has been accused of taking for granted - and who make up most of the population of the surrounding area. …”

DailyMail article:
https://mol.im/a/13454481

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9121 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
This is a good tactic, going into the enemy's back yard and proving that not everyone there is a full on D, that others exist, he may not win in NYC/Burroughs but he could pull out a lot of people who just don't show up to vote because a D winning is a foregone conclusion.

Backs up those held behind the D Iron Curtain in NY, IL, CA, and puts his message right out in the open.

Did CNN/MSNBC/the Big three have any significant coverage of the event?

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^

One factor that favors Trump in these blue states is RFK Jr, who can potentially pull in double digit percentage of voters who do not want to see Biden as POTUS. RFK Jr has spent his adult years in New York.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
It’s painful to see that scum pictured alongside an American flag. He’s not worthy of it.

Serious about crackers

posted Hide Post
While Trump faces felony charges, NY-based Clinton campaign only faced fines for its records issue

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

Hillary Clinton’s New York-based presidential campaign was hit with an administrative fine by the Federal Election Commission following the 2016 election when the FEC found the campaign misrepresented campaign expenses by describing the opposition research that produced the discredited Steele Dossier as a "legal expense." The Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee paid $113,000 to settle the charges, the Associated Press reported.

Yet, Donald Trump faces felony charges for allegedly falsifying business records to conceal campaign violations in the same state, echoing the alleged violations in the Clinton case and indicating a double standard in how the violations were handled by investigators.

Legal experts have criticized Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s effort to upgrade what are ordinarily misdemeanor charges to felonies for an undefined federal election crime in order to charge Trump.

“This is a Frankenstein case. They took a dead misdemeanor. They attached it to a dead alleged federal felony and zapped it back into life. So many of us are just amazed to watch this actually walk into court, because it's not a recognizable crime that any of us have seen. This does not appear to be a federal crime, but that's the theory that Bragg is using,” legal analyst and George Washington University School of Law professor and self-professed Democrat Jonathan Turley told Fox News.

“This state misdemeanor died because of the statute of limitations. Then what Bragg said was, well, I'm going to allege that you did false filings on business records to hide a crime, but he was very ambiguous [on] what that crime might be. He still is ambiguous, but it is assumed to be a federal election crime,” he added.

Former President Trump was charged by the Manhattan D.A. “for falsifying New York business records in order to conceal damaging information and unlawful activity from American voters before and after the 2016 election,” according to the press release published alongside the indictment.

After the former president allegedly orchestrated a scheme to “catch and kill” negative stories about him in the press, Bragg claims Trump “went to great lengths to hide this conduct, causing dozens of false entries in business records to conceal criminal activity, including attempts to violate state and federal election laws.”

Ordinarily, the statute of limitations on the misdemeanor bookkeeping offense—the falsification of business records—expires after two years. To extend the limitation and charge the former President, Bragg alleged that the entries were created to cover up for another crime, making them felonies. Though Bragg never formally defined the other crime, his case suggests he wants to convince a jury that Trump committed a federal election crime.

However, an FEC investigation did not result in any charges. The "hush money" payments by former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen to accuser Stormy Daniels were investigated by the FEC for potential campaign finance violations.

Though the full FEC commission had dismissed the allegations along party lines, the Democratic representatives wrote that the Commission’s Office of the General Counsel had “recommended finding reason to believe that Cohen and the Trump Organization made, and Trump and Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. (the “Committee”) accepted and failed to report, illegal contributions.”

The Clinton campaign also ran into a similar issue with the FEC after it misrepresented expenditures in election spending reports designated for opposition research. “An investigation was conducted, and the Commission found probable cause to believe that Hillary for America” and the campaign treasurer violated federal codes “by misreporting the purpose of certain disbursements,” according to the conciliation agreement released by the FEC.

As part of the agreement, the Clinton campaign did not admit to any wrongdoing and insisted that the entries were made in the belief the campaign was complying with the law.

“We settled aging and silly complaints from the 2016 election about ‘purpose descriptions’ in our F.E.C. report,” a DNC spokesperson told the New York Times when the agreement was released in 2022.

The payments in question were sent to powerhouse law firm Perkins Coie to pay for the opposition research that ultimately produced the discredited Steele Dossier which sparked the Russian collusion investigation into Donald Trump and his 2016 campaign. Instead of classifying them as for opposition research, the Clinton campaign labeled the expenses “legal services” and “legal and compliance consulting.”

Records from OpenCorporates and the New York Department of State show the Clinton campaign—called HFACC, Inc. or Hillary for America—was registered in 2015 in the state of New York and operates out of an office in the Financial District, which is in Alvin Bragg’s district, theoretically making the campaign subject to the same state laws as Donald Trump.

According to one legal analysis, several New York politicians have been convicted in the past for falsifying business records in furtherance of another crime, including for covert benefits to a campaign as charged in the Trump case. Clinton or her campaign, though, never faced any investigations at the state level related to the the Steele Dossier payments.

Posts: 12824 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trump addressing a raucous Libertarian crowd

10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Was that a rubber chicken in the foreground?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17494 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know. Lots of Libertarians are whackos, but Trump did great.