SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 979
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It’s Joe Biden. Don’t give a crap about any claims of elder abuse. He’s been abusing the country for more than half a century.

He is getting what he deserves. Unfortunately we as a country deserve infinitely better.

Posts: 53454 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The scary thing to think about is all the world's leaders would have seen that performance as well, including Russia, Iran, and China. I think we're in a much more dangerous world now than we were a few hours ago.

Yes! The world is full of our enemies. They see not only Joe, but also Kamala and all the absolute freaks put in high positions.

<snip>

has been unleashed due to the insanity of Biden administration.

And with the increased chance of a second Trump administration in the wings ready to oppose them, certain players like Hezbollah with Israel, China with Taiwan, and Venezuela with Guyana may be more willing to risk pulling the trigger on their long-term aggression now rather than waiting until later. A much more dangerous world indeed.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2136 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:
Do any of you guys believe there will be a 2nd debate? I can't imagine it in this universe. I believe that even Trump will state, "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed pathetic vegetable."
Donald Trump wants to curb stomp that obnoxious, lying old bastard.

Just as Trump said, he is willing to debate Biden "anytime, anywhere." If there is to be no second debate, it will be the doing of the Dems, not Trump, and, yeah, they're going to be looking for a way out.

But, oh, I forgot: IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!111 Razz

Told you guys, didn't I? Have faith.

Yes, you did tell us and, yes, I was guilty of thinking Trump was too eager to debate and didn't negotiate any terms. Now I understand that he didn't want Biden to have a way to back out. My assumption is he felt that if he couldn't expose Biden in 90 minutes, he didn't deserve to be president.

Sometimes, ya just gotta believe......

Posts: 1645 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Seemed to me that DJT was rope a dopin, taking it easy on FJB

Erick Erickson has a great video and article here

https://ewerickson.substack.co...4b-8c43-34c5143bf423

The Democratic Party’s Twitter account declared Joe Biden the winner of last night’s debate. They used a picture from 2021. That says everything.

They gave Joe Biden so much rest at Camp David that he didn’t even address the nation after the attacks at the Los Angeles Synagogue, and that was the best performance he could muster after more than a week of rest? He walked out like he was C3PO.

On his deathbed two hours south of Atlanta, Jimmy Carter could have had a more cogent debate performance.

For the last week, the press corps has insisted that Americans were seeing “cheap fakes” and “deep fakes” of selectively edited clips of Joe Biden. Last night, in a live, unedited debate last night, Americans saw they’ve been lied to by the press and Democrats.

As much as Democrats are going to have a conversation about Joe Biden, Americans need to have a conversation about how so much of the American press corps has carried Joe Biden’s water because of their deep hatred of Donald Trump. We’ve been lied to by the press, who lectures Donald Trump about lies.

After a terrible debate performance, Joe Biden went to a post-debate rally in Atlanta, Georgia, and, with more energy shown than at any moment on the debate stage, thanked the people of North Carolina. Yes, he really did that.

Last night, Democrats needed Jamaal Bowman to pull a fire alarm to cut the whole thing short. By the end of the night, the “LIVE” banner for CNN became a metaphor for whether Biden was still ticking.

Put frankly, if democracy really is at stake, after last night, Democrats must put a stake through the heart of the Biden campaign.

Posts: 5399 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
On his deathbed two hours south of Atlanta, Jimmy Carter could have had a more cogent debate performance.

Jimmy's thinking "Thanks Joe! I can now die in peace that I'm no longer the worst president in US history!"

P229

Posts: 3896 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch the debate last night for various reasons, but watched it just now on BoobTube. I have trouble understanding how DJT didn't just go over and choke the living shit out of that vegetable at the other podium! Liar-in-Chief is the best label for him during that 90 minutes! And for the Dems to claim Sleepy Joe was the debate winner??? What a joke!

I feel energized for November and am looking forward to it!

Posts: 4674 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Didn't watch, but read the comments here.
Also, on another forum I'm on, which has a pretty outspoken anti-Trump contingent. Even they're calling it for how badly Biden was, and begrudgingly propping Trump up for his performance. Except 1 member, who is off the deep end anti-Trump.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15573 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
After last night's debacle, the Democrats cannot run Biden for president.

There is so little time until the election, a new candidate would have no hope of winning.

There is a God.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11137 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Watching the SCOTUS release on FOXNEWs, seems that Monday is the final day and the ruling on Trumps Immunity decision will come out then, will be quite interesting if SCOTUS rules he has Presidential Immunity.

Posts: 23784 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
After last night's debacle, the Democrats cannot run Biden for president.

There is so little time until the election, a new candidate would have no hope of winning.

There is a God.

Heard this morning that August 7th is D Day for Ohio to have any changes, they are the earliest one

Posts: 5399 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now the democrats have two choices - replace Joe, with his permission (not likely) or keep him and accept defeat in November - truly a conundrum!

I have an 8 year-old great granddaughter who loves to talk and enjoys big words, so I try to introduce her to a few new words every week. Last year, I introduced her to the word "conundrum" and explained to her that it was like being lost in the woods and only having two trails to take, with neither of them likely to lead us back home. I said, now what does that mean? She proudly replied, "It means we are gonna still be lost, but now we are totally screwed!" (Apparently someone else in the family is helping add to her vocabulary! Roll Eyes)

Posts: 1645 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Posts: 53454 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Well Jill/Joe is doubling down. President Joe Biden, who reportedly will not drop out of the 2024 presidential race, will participate in the second debate in September, a Biden adviser told CNN Friday.

And Jon Stewart, funny as it is, is saying what's on Democrats minds.

https://x.com/EricAbbenante/st...bate-malfunctions%2F

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16859 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dave7378:
I slept like a baby last night.

It was the opposite for me.

It was so much fun reading and watching post-debate commentary that I could not get enough. I tried laying down at midnight, but ended up getting up again and enjoying the schadenfreude till past 2am.

Posts: 6475 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
That is really good. Did you write that?

Guilty... Big Grin

-Weird SIG Monkeyvic

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44104 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
If Joe decides he's not going to accept the nomination and leaves it up to a convention floor flight, Kamala won't back down. Remember, she ran for Prez in 2016 and thinks of herself as a female Barack Obama.

She's won't go away with the Joe as part of a package deal and the problem for the Dems is that she polls less than Biden.

Posts: 4137 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Biden's performance was so bad even the dead voters in Chicago and the illegal aliens won't cast their votes him.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17508 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
The WSJ's Peggy Noonan is usually pretty useless. But even she couldn't miss the train wreck we witnessed last night:

"It was ... as consequential as any presidential debate in history, and the worst night for an incumbent in history. It was a total and unmitigated disaster for Mr. Biden. It was a rout for Mr. Trump."

Posts: 6475 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Good article on Revolver about replacing Biden,

The Dems Need to Replace Biden, But They Can’t…

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1741 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
“Let her [Truth] and Falsehood grapple; who ever knew Truth put to the worse in a free and open encounter?” - John Milton

Posts: 108248 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post