SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 ... 982
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Get Kamala in there PDQ!!

Posts: 108260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

OMG Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 5629 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancow
Trump is the man in the Arena, you and I are not. It wasn't his best performance but I don't think his performance cost him any votes whereas Biden's performance will have certainly cost him votes.

So other than losing some style points, I'd say he did very well. and he is under a tremendous amount of pressure

I agree. It likely didn't cost Trump votes. But my point is that I think he missed some great opportunities to gain votes.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6762 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Good entertainment

Posts: 1831 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by arabiancow
Trump is the man in the Arena, you and I are not. It wasn't his best performance but I don't think his performance cost him any votes whereas Biden's performance will have certainly cost him votes.

So other than losing some style points, I'd say he did very well. and he is under a tremendous amount of pressure[/QUOTe)

I agree. It likely didn't cost Trump votes. But my point is that I think he missed some great opportunities to gain votes.

With whom? Who do you think hasn't made up their mind at this point in the game?

Posts: 1831 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
If everyone's made up their minds already, then why debate at all?

Posts: 6762 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I thought Trump did pretty well. He was quite measured, and the times he got a little hot, he was able to slowly bring his temperature right back down and continue on. That's what he needed to do tonight. I think that was the goal. To remain mostly cool. I think the debate helped him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30649 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
Wow even on cnn they are admitting that this debate went horribly for the democrats. They aren’t saying anything good about Trump but they are admitting that Biden is an embarrassment. This is certainly eye opening…they aren’t sugar coating anything.

I watched that also. It was pretty much ALL of the commentators saying "Democrats can't win unless they replace Joe!" A few tried to stumble around and knock Trump's performance, but it was all knives out for poor old Joe. Eek

Posts: 1646 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Time to get rid of Whitey, right, "Joy"?

Yeah, you're so fucking important, aren't you. You were on the phone with Obama, "world people" whatever the fuck that means, yadda yadda. Fuck you.

https://x.com/DogRightGirl/status/1806523463110164559

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by arabiancow

So other than losing some style points, I'd say he did very well. and he is under a tremendous amount of pressure[/QUOTe)

With whom? Who do you think hasn't made up their mind at this point in the game?

Apparently, about 20% of voters still haven't made up their minds yet.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30649 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Jill and the handlers have no shame and they are responsible for seeing Biden's denigration.

So now, the Dems have to make a decision but they can't remove him unilaterally and Joe is too full of himself to agree. This is his reward for 50 years of Dem party loyalty, much like Bob Dole's run for the WH.

So assuming Joe agrees to step down, who's next up? It's Kamala and she polls worse than Biden.

If you want to really place blame for tonight, it falls on Joe and his team in offering to debate Trump and with the rules they proposed. I suspect they expected Trump to decline the terms but he said he'd meet them. Based on tonight's disaster, I doubt there will be a second debate.

Posts: 4138 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:

I watched that also. It was pretty much ALL of the commentators saying "Democrats can't win unless they replace Joe!" A few tried to stumble around and knock Trump's performance, but it was all knives out for poor old Joe. Eek

The only way they replace Joe at this point is if he steps down. I just don't see him doing that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
To be clear, while I feel there were some missed opportunities tonight, I hope DJT wins in a landslide. I hope he surpasses the Regan/Mondale results. I hope he finishes what he started in 2016. He's got my vote.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This increases the likelihood that Donald Trump will receive at least some actual jail time. It's the only way to cancel the second debate.

However... Cool

This means people will become more outraged at the sham trial and this further damages the Dems and strengthens Trump.

posted Hide Post
Do any of you guys believe there will be a 2nd debate? I can't imagine it in this universe. I believe that even Trump will state, "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed pathetic vegetable."

Posts: 1646 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Biggest surprise of the night for me, was that I felt the CNN moderators did a good job.
Seemed pretty even-handed to me.

ETA: There was one question asked of Trump that wasn't asked of Biden, however. And that was 'will you accept the outcome of the election'?

So not perfect I guess, but more even-handed overall than I expected.

Posts: 1790 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mod29:
Biggest surprise of the night for me, was that I felt the CNN moderators did a good job.
Seemed pretty even-handed to me.

The moderators and even the format were actually good. Yes, I agree.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
To be clear, while I feel there were some missed opportunities tonight, I hope DJT wins in a landslide. I hope he surpasses the Regan/Mondale results. I hope he finishes what he started in 2016. He's got my vote.
You would have been better off prefacing your expressions of frustration with that, but since you say you feel this way, I don't understand the criticism of the way things went tonight.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34145 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southern Rebel:
Do any of you guys believe there will be a 2nd debate? I can't imagine it in this universe. I believe that even Trump will state, "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed pathetic vegetable."
Donald Trump wants to curb stomp that obnoxious, lying old bastard.

Just as Trump said, he is willing to debate Biden "anytime, anywhere." If there is to be no second debate, it will be the doing of the Dems, not Trump, and, yeah, they're going to be looking for a way out.

But, oh, I forgot: IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!111 Razz

Told you guys, didn't I? Have faith.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023