SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 ... 982
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
When our side suggests Biden was hopped up on something at the State of the Union, it's a tacit admission that he did pretty well. But look at the difference here. No teleprompter and speech writers and he was a bumbling fool.

Year V

Posts: 2653 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I’m watching CNNs post debate spin room and they’re having a sobering moment, otherwise known as a meltdown.
Even the most hardcore are coming right out and saying the Democrats will all get clobbered if Biden is on the ticket.
They are saying they have talked to elected governors and other high level officials and all are in a total panic this minute.
You never know if others see things the way you do, that’s why I watched this, but this is confirmation.

Posts: 9675 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Glad that abortion is over. I agree Biden looked terrible and did not help his cause much if any. But IMHO Trump wasn't much better. SO many opportunities to bury Joe and instead discussed golf handicaps and joined in the "you're lying" elementary school antics.

"Presidential" debate. Uh huh Roll Eyes

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6762 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I imagine Dr. Jill is having some anxiety this evening.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8419 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mojojojo:
Yeah, you don't like Donald Trump. Got it.

posted Hide Post
https://x.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/s.../1806501841955655733

Posts: 12855 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
I think the Democrats knew exactly how this would go. This wasn’t a surprise for them. The plan was to put him out there to flop so they can replace him.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Glad that abortion is over. I agree Biden looked terrible and did not help his cause much if any. But IMHO Trump wasn't much better. SO many opportunities to bury Joe and instead discussed golf handicaps and joined in the "you're lying" elementary school antics.

Trump blew quite a few opportunities tonight but overall he did well but he missed some gems. Too much beating up on Joe when Joe when was beating up on himself. Joe could have moved on to a unity message but he didn't.

Total meltdown on CNN and one panelist said tomorrow morning the Dems need to have a conversation on this disaster.

Posts: 4138 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:
I think the Democrats knew exactly how this would go. This wasn’t a surprise for them. The plan was to put him out there to flop so they can replace him.
You may be correct, but I don't think anyone the Dems put up will defeat Trump.

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
One line that stuck with me and Trump missed an opportunity to rip him was, when FJB said that no soldiers have died in foreign countries on his watch.

I was waiting for Trump to say- what about the 13 soldiers at the airport during the Afghanistan withdrawal…

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3535 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Yeah, you don't like Donald Trump. Got it.

I didn't say that, not at all. I said he misssed a lot of chances to bury his opponent. Neither seemed very presidential to me. Yes, Trump was much better than Biden, but I think he could have sealed the deal had he not gotten into the tit for tat back and forth.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6762 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The Democrats know they cannot go with someone else at this late in the game. The Trump Juggernaut is operating on all 8 cylinders, the Democrat brand is ruined right now, and to suggest someone like Newsom (unelectable outside of CA) or Big Mike (she will not be a politician) to step in and take it all away from Trump is ludicrous.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16860 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cooger:

Bingo! Fix is in. Hillary, Newsom, Whitman, Big Mike...?

Posts: 4735 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trump is the man in the Arena, you and I are not. It wasn't his best performance but I don't think his performance cost him any votes whereas Biden's performance will have certainly cost him votes.

So other than losing some style points, I'd say he did very well. and he is under a tremendous amount of pressure

Posts: 2420 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
...but I think he could have sealed the deal had he not gotten into the tit for tat back and forth.

doggone it that's a shame

Posts: 2911 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
At one point did Trump refer to Biden as Brandon, or was that wishful hearing on my part?

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8586 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't say that, not at all.
You've been saying it all evening.

Where have you been for the last nine years? This is how Donald Trump speaks. For you to be surprised and dismayed at what you saw tonight is, I think, silly.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
John King of CNN:

"this debate was extremely consequential and has Democrats in a massive and full panic considering approaching the White House to encourage Biden to step aside as the Democrat nominee.

This is a five alarm fire for Democrats."

Posts: 19700 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just did a check here:

Wow… Even all the Commies on Reddit are admitting Biden did horribly!

You know it was truly bad if those knob-polishers are in a panic. Big Grin

Posts: 34145 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post