SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 ... 972
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
<<snip>>
Pretty sure Tulsi is antigun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T554Gt0iL5k

Didn't sound that way to me! Sounds like she is "coming around" to the truth of why we need the 2nd Amendment, and why people need guns. She specifically mentioned protection from a tyrannical government, then went on to provide examples. Sounds like she has awakened to reality to me... at least I hope so!

don't trust her

the 2A is part of the foundation and principle of the country and she has been against it until recently....

politicians seldom change their stripes when they are rabidly anti-gun for so long

Did you bother to watch that video? If not I would suggest doing so. You don’t even have to watch the whole thing to get an answer to your question.

Posts: 706 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Yes. The ambiguous "crime" is the offense the 34 charges were made in furtherance of, that made the 34 charges felonies instead of misdemeanors with

Are you an attorney? I ask because I would like to use your points on another forum.

I can't answer for Lefty, and I'm not a lawyer.

Look at the various articles written in the past few weeks by Alan Dershowitz and Jonathan Turley who are experienced lawyers (and Dersh for sure has been a lifelong Dem).

Each count of the indictment was related to an entry in the Trump company books that said Legal Expense rather than something like "NDA payment to Stormy Daniels". At worst it was a misdemeanor whose statute of limitations was expired, though apparently it is common to account for NDA costs as part of legal expenses.

The crime he was convicted of is a felony because it was allegedly done to further another more serious crime. That is, it was alleged that he had deceptive accounting entries in order to enable or cover up another more serious crime. If there wasn't another more serious crime, then he is innocent of the charges whether or not the accounting entries were perfect.

The prosecution never clearly stated what that more serious crime was, though they hinted at some possibilities during the trial. Thus, Trump was not able to directly answer specific allegations. If the prosecution had provided testimony that Trump had committed a specific other more serious crime such as tax fraud or a federal election law violation, Trump would have been able to provide evidence to show that was false.

What happened was the following: Trump's defense knew the prosecution would hint at a vague election interference or illegal campaign contribution, so they wanted to have a former head of the Federal Election Commission testify that a non-disclosure payment is not a campaign violation, but the judge prohibited that testimony!

Then at the wrap up, in NY state the defendant's lawyer gives their closing statement to the jury first, followed by the prosecutor. AFTER Trump's lawyer finished, the prosecutor then stated as a fact (3 times iirc) that Trump committed an election violation.

As a result, Trump's lawyer was not allowed to refute that assertion! And the judge did not prohibit the prosecutor from making those assertions to the jury.

There is much more that was wrong with the trial and especially the judge's actions, but that is the gist of the issue about the higher crime.

Posts: 9574 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26851 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's a haul. Damn!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30608 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for this. I wrote to both of my senators and will be contacting my US representative as well.

Silent

Posts: 1047 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pray that Trump somehow finds a way to remain in office after 2028. You know a man instills fear in the Democratic party when they bribe judges to pin felonies on him.

Posts: 637 | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carpentermaass84:
I pray that Trump somehow finds a way to remain in office after 2028...

What "office"? The WH? How? By ignoring the Constitution?

Q

Posts: 26851 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I pray that Trump somehow finds a way to remain in office after 2028.
Don't post shit like this.

Posts: 108210 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
I pray that Trump somehow finds a way to remain in office after 2028...

What "office"? The WH? How? By ignoring the Constitution?

What comes after Trump? How far will Democrats go next time to win? 2020, largest documented organized voter fraud in US history. 2024, felonies are pulled out of thin air by a compromised judicial system. Roosevelt served 12 years and we are facing a combined threat greater than the Axis powers of WW2. Trump will need more than four years to drain the swamp, end the border invasion, win the trade war with China, etc.

Posts: 637 | Registered: September 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Man. Roll Eyes

Q

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44095 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
What comes after Trump? How far will Democrats go next time to win? 2020, largest documented organized voter fraud in US history. 2024, felonies are pulled out of thin air by a compromised judicial system. Roosevelt served 12 years and we are facing a combined threat greater than the Axis powers of WW2. Trump will need more than four years to drain the swamp, end the border invasion, win the trade war with China, etc.
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

What did I say to you?

This is SIGforum, not weareelevenyearoldsatsummercampmakingupsillystoriesafterlightsoutforum

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Code word from her - “common sense policies”

It’s in the Bill of Rights, it’s not a policy. It’s a RIGHT.

She has been and is still wrong and that video proves my point

She‘s coming around - yeah not so much.

She’s a squish on our Constitution.

Posts: 53435 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:

Yes. The ambiguous "crime" is the offense the 34 charges were made in furtherance of, that made the 34 charges felonies instead of misdemeanors with

Are you an attorney? I ask because I would like to use your points on another forum.

No, I'm not an attorney. I just read what people like Alan Dershowitz say, and read court decisions when I have time.

Fly-Sig said the same as what I am saying.

Here is more info from https://abcnews.go.com/US/new-...y/story?id=110678995:

"Under our law, a person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when, with intent to defraud that includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof, that person makes or causes a false entry in the business records of an enterprise," Merchan told the jury.

Merchan told jurors that the prosecutors only need to prove that Trump had the intent to commit or conceal another crime, rather than prove the other crime was committed or aided.

Prosecutors allege that Trump falsified the records to hide a violation of New York Election Law Section 17-152 – a rarely used law that prohibits groups from using unlawful means to influence an election.

"Under our law, a person is guilty of such a conspiracy when, with intent that conduct be performed that would promote or prevent the election of a person to public office by unlawful means, he or she agrees with one or more persons to engage in or cause the performance of such conduct," he said.

Prosecutors offered three theories about the unlawful means -- a tax crime, falsification of bank records or campaign finance violations. According to Merchan, the jury does not need to agree which of the three unlawful means was employed to convict the former president.

"Although you must conclude unanimously that the defendant conspired to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means, you need not be unanimous as to what those unlawful means were," Merchan told jurors.

Now, NY has a state law regarding election interference, but NY does not have jurisdiction over federal elections. The Feds previously declined any prosecution in this matter. And the "fraudulent records" were made AFTER the election so there is nothing about them that could have misled the public in any way.

The case is a convoluted mess and will not stand up to any reasonable and unbiased scrutiny.

Hillary Clinton used campaign funds to pay for the Steele Dossier and was FINED later by the feds for the campaign finance violation. And the dossier was used to claim "Russian collusion" and interfere with the election. Thus she can be charted in the same way, and there is PROOF she committed the crime of the campaign violation because the feds pursued it and she paid the fine.

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Biden grins when asked about Trump:

Biden Mocked After Disturbing Grin When Asked If Trump Is A Political Prisoner

For anyone who hasn't decided if this was a political persecution of a rival, that fucking grin on Bidet's face says it all.

Posts: 4001 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Joe shouldn’t be smiling. He should be worried that the next president will do to him what he did to Trump.

Bidet has been treated with kid gloves. Time to take them off and treat him like the communist dictator he is. Puppet for Obama abs a Soros shill.

Payback must be a real bastard.

Posts: 53435 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jon Dawson

https://x.com/SarahisCensored/.../1796709095870812169

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yes.

When the whole of the American people realize that the individual should be free to be the individual and not one group preferred over any other group, then all will realize, the "grouping" is nothing more than divide and conquer.

It's not about dividing the group into individual components and conquering, its about dividing the people in to groups and containing them, and eliminating them, and with that, goes the individual.

That means, it is only "you" against "them".

Hello, World... meet "Never Again".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44095 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Pretty damn good rant. I'll have to text that out in the morning - most of my peeps are asleep Smile

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2049 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://lists.theepochtimes.co...C0X4zVHW/Dc8LlWzTiHX

Speaker Johnson Urges Supreme Court to Overturn ‘Dangerous’ Trump Guilty Verdict

‘I think they’ll set this straight, but it’s going to take a while,' Mr. Johnson said of his expectations for the verdict to be overturned.

House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) said that the U.S. Supreme Court should get involved and overturn former President Donald Trump’s guilty verdict in his business records falsification trial in New York, with the speaker arguing that the circumstances of the case have led to an erosion of public faith in America’s justice system.

“There’s a lot of developments yet to come, but I do believe the Supreme Court should step in, obviously, this is totally unprecedented—and it’s dangerous to our system,” Mr. Johnson said in a May 31 appearance on Fox and Friends.

A jury found the former president guilty on May 30 in a case in which he was charged with 34 counts of falsifying business records in order to conceal non-disclosure payments to adult film actress Stormy Daniels as part of a bid to influence the 2016 presidential election in which he was a candidate.

The guilty verdict made President Trump the first former president in U.S. history to be convicted of a crime, with the former president vowing to appeal the verdict and calling the trial “very unfair.”
“This is a scam. This is a rigged trial … this is a rigged judge,” President Trump said at a press conference on May 31, adding that a specific election expert wasn’t allowed to testify on certain issues related to the trial.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38897 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post