SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 ... 1155
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109094 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
The Republican Party will do what they’ve always done which is sweet fuck all. They are simply Democrat lite swamp critters - perhaps a few exceptions but mostly just bluster.

The current slate of politicians are pathetic excuses for Americans. Omar, Talib, AOC. All losers. All traitors.

When you say that you speak as if the Republican party is some monolithic creature... but the Republican party consists of individuals, most of whom are actively fighting to preserve the freedoms and liberty of all Americans.
Are there Democrat lite swamp critters within our ranks? Yes, there are. But we are NOT All traitors.

Pretty sure 'nhtagmember' is talking about those elected Republicans that serve in Washington, DC, those whose allegiance is to the RNC, and NOT to you & me! Sure, there are huge numbers of Republicans that are 'actively fighting to preserve the freedoms and liberty of all Americans' all across this country, but unfortunately those that, by the virtue of their position, could truly make a difference when & where it matters most, simply do not! It is an unfortunate reality that, at a national level, the Republican Party is a party of broken promises any more, plain and simple. The Republican Party seems primarily focused on doing what's good for the party...NOT what's good for 'We the People'!

I'm sure I'm not alone, but I do not consider myself a 'Republican', and haven't for more than a decade. Though I do vote for Republicans, I consider myself a 'Constitutional Conservative' and I'm sure there are a great many Republicans that consider themselves the same. My allegiance is to the United States Constitution and not to any party, especially one that time and again, fails to do what they were elected to do!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
It's a great today and I am stoked.

Why?

Because the evil, depraved ghouls currently running things are losing badly and their desperation is now so apparent that they are not even trying to disguise their attempts to retain power with even a thin veneer of equal protection and due process.

They are scared shitless. They are losing and they know it.

God bless Donald J. Trump.

Posts: 6574 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
The Republican party left me a long time ago - I am a registered independent

I will not EVER give money to anyone that has either a D or an R after their name. They steal enough from me as it is, I'm not going to fund my enemy.

Posts: 53808 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
nukeandpave
Bodhisattva
posted May 31, 2024 08:53 AM

Pretty sure Tulsi is antigun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T554Gt0iL5k

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I have not been following Trump's trial.

Did the judge really say each jury member could find Trump guilty of one of three actions and the jury didn't have to agree on which of the three actions or combination of actions he was guilty of?

Was that in relation to a specific charge of the 34 charges or some combination of those charges?

Did the jury deliberate each of the charges, or did they just decide he was guilty of "something" and call it a day?

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Did the judge really say each jury member could find Trump guilty of one of three actions and the jury didn't have to agree on which of the three actions or combination of actions he was guilty of?

Was that in relation to a specific charge of the 34 charges or some combination of those charges?

Did the jury deliberate each of the charges, or did they just decide he was guilty of "something" and call it a day?
Yep, that's pretty much what the jury "instructions" were, quite pitiful. Frown

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6369 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Google “The Disgraced Act”

If Trump goes to prison, they want to pull his Secret Service detail. They want to kill him.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
I have not been following Trump's trial.

Yes. The ambiguous "crime" is the offense the 34 charges were made in furtherance of, that made the 34 charges felonies instead of misdemeanors with the statute of limitations already expired.

The prosecution alleged that "election interference" by hiding the true nature of the payments was a crime. Specially what statute was violated was never specifically stated, nor was Trump charged and certainly not convicted of it.

The judge also refused to let a defense expert witness testify that there was no federal election law violation.

Here is an analogy:

Possession of an illegal handgun is a crime. In many jurisdictions, possession of an illegal handgun during the commission of other crime is a higher charge. Imagine charging a defendent with the higher crime of possession of an illegal handgun during the commission of another crime (say armed robbery, rape, or murder) but not charging the other crime or specifically stating which it was.

Posts: 4931 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/TuckerCarlson/st...0547000%2Fframe.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave;
Pretty sure Tulsi is antigun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T554Gt0iL5k

It would seem she convinced those at SIG that she's NOT Anti-gun and on our side! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
This is going to be epic!

Can you think of any two people that the Left loathes more right now?

https://x.com/nypost/status/1796565673402855434?s=46

Would not be surprised if they try to shut this down.

Posts: 34582 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Guy Fawkes Day (Election Day too) might just take on a whole new meaning in the USA.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2801 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
First of many donations done. I contributed pretty heavily to him in 2016 and 2020. I might end up exceeding that this election.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39265 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Immediately, after the devastating attack on Pearl Harbor, while the Japanese were celebrating their great victory, Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said to them:

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

Yesterday was the Democrats great victory. From here on, they face a terrible resolve.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11215 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
For the most part, we knew this was coming. We hoped for a hung jury but it didn't happen. Of course knowing all the crap Judge Corruption did, I would not have been surprised IF he would have replaced any jurors holding out with an alternate (no that is not suppose to happen in a trial but a lot of crap that isn't suppose to happen in a trial did. Also the alternates were still being held in the courthouse, every other time they are dismissed when the jury goes back for deliberations). So the Dims have hurt our country, destroyed our standing and our brand worldwide. Hey, they started it with the Afghan Fuck Up and continued it through yesterday. I watched Gutfeld last night and Kevin O'Leary and Tyrus had some excellent points. Tyrus said we got punched in the mouth by this but we don't riot and destroy things because we work and we build this country. All this did was make me look forward to standing in line to vote November 5th so, God willing, President Trump can start draining that fucking swamp, starting with the DOJ, Pentagon (aka Penisgon), and State Department. I am off to donate to President Trump.

UPDATED: Just saw this video by Mark Dice which brings up the Judge being able to replace a hold out juror:

Posts: 4057 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Some suggest Biden should step in and pardon Trump. The legality of that aside, this is scary. FJB would come across as decent (a recent narrative they're pushing) but a hollow gesture knowing other kangaroo courts are in the wings waiting to do their dirty work.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8555 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some suggest Biden should step in and pardon Trump.

In United States v. Wilson (1833), the U.S. Supreme Court held that a pardon can be rejected by the intended recipient and must be affirmatively accepted to be officially recognized by the courts.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15857 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Even when the website crashed for awhile, the Trump campaign raised an astounding 35 million dollars last night before midnight. 30% from first time donors.

https://nypost.com/2024/05/31/...sh-money-conviction/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17176 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"Some suggest Biden should step in and pardon Trump"

^^^^ The President can pardon a crime against the US (a federal crime), not a crime against a state.

Q

Posts: 27564 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post