SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 ... 985
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34163 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Remember Judge McAfee ?

The state court judge appointed to preside in the Georgia racketeering case against former President Donald Trump once worked for Fani T. Willis, the current Fulton County, Georgia, district attorney who obtained the indictment.

Judge Scott F. McAfee, 34, is “brand-new on the bench,” according to Law360. He became a judge in February after his December 2022 appointment to fill a vacancy by Republican Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. McAffee is the newest judge on the 19-member Fulton County superior court.

Paul Sperry:

Judge assigned to Trump's criminal case in Georgia once worked for DA Fani Willis

... which explains why he refused to admonish or control disrespectful witness Fani Willis when she flipped out on the stand

https://twitchy.com/brettt/202...fani-willis-n2393172

Posts: 19709 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, we'll soon know the measure of the man.

I expect that we'll have another hearing this Friday or possibly closing statements. Perhaps we'll have a ruling next week. Then we'll know.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30689 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Tulsi Gabbard delivers remarks to CPAC 2024 yesterday. Defending Trump and democracy. Worth a listen. I would support her as Trump's VP.

Posts: 2341 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tulsi Gabbard

Not so sure about her stance on 2A, coming from HI where guns are all but forbidden, CCP takes an act of god, yes she was in the military but that doesn't make you automatically a 2A supporter.

She did put out a filp video on 2A changing her stance, but she bailed out of the D party and in order to do well as a R you have to back 2A.

A little history of her past voting record found online.

In her 2020 campaign issues page she was 100% in support of all DNC gun control agenda.

In Congress, Gabbard has co-sponsored bills that would ban assault weapons and require background checks for all gun purchases, including closing what is known as the "gun-show loophole.

She voted in favor of the following gun control bills:

HR 1565 & 1217 NICS expansion

HR 2380 Banning Private Sales

HR 226 Red Flag Laws

HR 1745 Assault Weapon Ban

Posts: 23810 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, her 2A record is abominable.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30689 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Techno Fog Twitter:

Trump's attorneys have Special Prosecutor Nathan Wade's cell phone data -

At least 35 visits to Fani Willis's condo before the "relationship" started

2,000 calls and 12K texts between Wade/Willis in 2021.

Late night hook-ups after calls from Willis.

Bad news for Willis.

https://twitter.com/Techno_Fog.../1761045542627324061

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
As if there was ever any doubt.

This ghetto trash is going to go down hard.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath. Everyone from the Governor, the AG, the DA, and more than likely the judge, hate Trump.

Posts: 1833 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Remember Judge McAfee ?

The state court judge appointed to preside in the Georgia racketeering case against former President Donald Trump once worked for Fani T. Willis, the current Fulton County, Georgia, district attorney who obtained the indictment.

Judge Scott F. McAfee, 34, is “brand-new on the bench,” according to Law360. He became a judge in February after his December 2022 appointment to fill a vacancy by Republican Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp. McAffee is the newest judge on the 19-member Fulton County superior court.

Paul Sperry:

Judge assigned to Trump's criminal case in Georgia once worked for DA Fani Willis

... which explains why he refused to admonish or control disrespectful witness Fani Willis when she flipped out on the stand

https://twitchy.com/brettt/202...fani-willis-n2393172

I'm surprised he didn't recuse himself in order to provide a fair and balanced non bias result that could not be challenged on a technicality.

If he removes her, does she claim impartiality, that they had conflict while he was employed, he was a problem, or if he doesn't remove her do Trumps lawyers go after him for not recusing himself.

Posts: 23810 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more detail on the phone records

https://www.breitbart.com/law-...udge-in-willis-case/

Cellphone data obtained from AT&T through subpoena strongly suggests that Nathan Wade made 35 trips to Fulton County prosecutor Fani Willis’s Hapeville neighborhood, contradicting his testimony of just ten visits, an affidavit filed Friday by Trump attorneys contends.

The filing, if true, suggests Wade might have committed perjury. Fulton Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee will decide whether to admit the affidavit and the phone records into evidence.

Wade testified that his relationship with Willis began in 2022 after Willis opened the case against Trump in 2021.

Trump’s lawyers relied on data collected from Wade’s cellphone and cellphone tower transmissions to track his movements. It seems to contradict Wade’s testimony last week in which he said he had visited Willis at her condo in Hapeville no more than 10 times before he was hired in November 2021. It also indicates Wade twice arrived late at night at the condo and left early the next morning in the months before Willis and Wade said their relationship became romantic early in 2022.

Both Wade and Willis testified last week that they did not spend the night together at the Hapeville condo.

both Willis and Wade have testified under oath that the relationship began in 2022. If defense attorneys can prove that they lied under oath it could constitute perjury.

The affidavit notes that Willis and Wade made 2,000 phone calls to each other during the first 11 months of 2021. They also exchanged about 12,000 texts.

During Wade’s testimony, he claimed the cellphone records would be incorrect if they contradicted his testimony.
“So, if phone records were to reflect that you were making phone calls from the same location as the condo before Nov. 1 of 2021, and it was on multiple occasions, the phone records would be wrong?” a Trump lawyer asked Wade.

“If phone records reflected that? Yes, sir,” Wade replied.

“They’d be wrong?” Trump’s lawyer asked.

“They’d be wrong,” Wade said.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here is another good source:

https://technofog.substack.com...ords-prove-da-willis

Posts: 12873 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

I hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath. Everyone from the Governor, the AG, the DA, and more than likely the judge, hate Trump.

She's toast. Count on it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Once you lie about something under oath...

Now the question becomes whether or not the judge ordered the matter submitted to him for a decision or did he leave the record open for additional evidence and testimony?

IIRC, there may be additional judicial inquiry into whether the former partner who may have used privilege incorrectly. Was record left open just for that or is it still open so that the phone records can be considered?

Why didn't Trump's people have these last week? Was the subpoena outstanding? It seems to me that when you announce that you're ready to proceed with a motion or hearing, you're done with discovery on the issue at hand. If that's the case, and the record is closed, I don't see how the phone data comes in.

Wade won't escape State Bar discipline if he lied under oath and it wasn't an honest mistake but a purposeful deceit. Willis is toast too.

Posts: 4145 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that this hearing is still ongoing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Now the question becomes whether or not the judge ordered the matter submitted to him for a decision or did he leave the record open for additional evidence and testimony?
If you had taken the time to read what was posted to this thread today and is on this very page, you would know the answer to that question.

https://twitter.com/BigFish300.../1761081460616785962

Posts: 108313 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
There's nothing on this page that talks about whether or not the record is still left open for new testimony or evidence.

Axios reports that he's going to hear arguments from the parties on Mar 1 on the disqualification but arguments aren't evidence.

It's still not clear why Trump's people didn't have this before now. Trump's counsel needs a good answer for this.

Regardless of whether it's accepted by the court or not, Wills and Wade are in a lot of trouble.

Posts: 4145 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There is, actually, and I am not up for listening to an argument from you.

Posts: 108313 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley: "We will have a female president of the United States; it will either be me or it will be Harris."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rris-remark-n2635655

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That pretty much confirms she’s a Democrat plant

Posts: 53476 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post