SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 ... 985
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Just to add some, ummm, levity... Razz

https://twitter.com/PapiTrumpo.../1758313442312892674

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6268 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
the "law" seems to get in the way of "justice" at times

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ec24ba52acb27c&ei=54

Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said Friday text messages between Wade’s former divorce attorney Terrence Bradley and another defense lawyer couldn’t be admitted as evidence because Bradley spilled information that was covered under attorney-client privilege.

Ashleigh Merchant — representing Trump co-defendant Mike Roman who’s been spearheading the effort to oust Willis from the case — tried to bring her texts with Bradley into evidence as he testified Friday.

Potentially damning text messages about District Attorney Fani Willis’ affair with Nathan Wade won’t be considered by a judge when he rules whether to boot her from the Trump case. AP
“I sent you a statement saying [Wade and Willis] met while serving as magistrate judges and they started a relationship at that time, and you corrected me and said, ‘No, it was municipal court,'” Merchant asked Bradley while reading from their messages.

Willis became Chief Municipal Judge for South Fulton in Georgia in 2019, a position she gave up when she was elected as DA in 2021, placing the time frame Bradley was referring to in that period — well before the pair say they first became romantic in 2022.

When Willis’ relationship with Wade, whom she hired as special prosecutor in the election fraud case, began is key.

Wade, who is still in the process of divorcing his wife, and Willis have both maintained they did not start a relationship into 2022 and broke up a year later.

However, McAfee ultimately barred this message and others from being admitted as evidence, finding they were covered by attorney-client privilege from Bradley’s time working as Wade’s divorce attorney.

“He may have told you something, but there is no evidence the client ever waived or allowed him to convey that to you,” McAfee said to Merchant.

Posts: 19704 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Potentially damning text messages about District Attorney Fani Willis’ affair with Nathan Wade won’t be considered by a judge when he rules whether to boot her from the Trump case.

"Won't be considered." Sure, but the Judge heard the evidence anyway. He says he won't consider it. Maybe he will, maybe he won't, but on top of everything else, it would seem that this Judge actually has a fairly easy ruling to make here. The only uncertainty that I see is whether or not the Judge will dismiss the case with or without prejudice. But the fate of these two imbeciles seems clear.

I hope this judge is on the straight and narrow as I believe him to be from what I have seen so far.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30683 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16865 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108294 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
What a pure crock of bull excrement!

Me waiting to read about all the indictments, charges, verdicts, and judgements against the Clintons, Onumbnutzes, Bushes, Pelosis, Schumers, and Bidens for their sins, illegal drug use and trafficking, briberies, shady business deals, and fraud.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From Victor Davis Hanson, one of the most concise explanations of the war of the left onto Donald Trump. Those "conservatives" who have TDS, or a little hesitant on supporting Trump, should watch this.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16865 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Thanks for posting that, oddball. I'll be honest...it's tough as hell for me to listen to that without wanting to pull a "Billy Jack" on every last one of these EVIL sunsabitches.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:

Apparently a lot of truck drivers, who support President Trump, are preparing to show just how wrong Hochul can be, beginning tomorrow. FAFO

NY Post

Posts: 13422 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
“I think that this is really an extraordinary, unusual circumstance that the law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are business people have nothing to worry about, because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior,” Hochul responded.

This bitch, she is straight up admitting that this case against Trump was a purely targeted, partisan attack. In other words, lawfare. As clear as crystal.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30683 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley at her finest:

"12 fellas down, 1 to go"

The comments are awesome!

How dumb do you have to be to hit send on that?!

https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley.../1759342263740629487

Posts: 1831 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108294 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great idea. I will support that

Posts: 53471 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.theepochtimes.com/...XyIATCxHOrAxa8Io0%3D

Trump Hails Trucker Who Suggests Boycotting New York City

Truckers could soon be refusing to take goods to New York to protest a recent court ruling against former president Donald Trump, a trucker said.

President Donald Trump on Sunday praised the truckers who reportedly are boycotting New York City as “great patriots.”

“Such an honor to have so many Great Patriots on the side of FREEDOM!” the former president wrote in a Truth Social post.
He was responding to a social media post that suggested that some truck drivers could be on the verge of refusing to deliver goods to New York City in protest over the civil fraud judgment that saw Mr. Trump fined $355 million last week.
In a Feb. 16 post on social media platform X (formerly Twitter), a trucker using the handle Chicago Ray said he'd spoken to at least ten truckers who will “start refusing loads” to the city in protest of the ruling. Three of the people he spoke to were co-workers, who Ray says have already “texted the boss and told him no NYC.”
“I’m just one of the many millions of truckers who believe in God and love this country, I stand with Trump bc Trump stands with me. Truckers for Trump ain’t just a slogan, it’s real,” Chicago Ray said.

“I don’t know how far across the country this is or how many truckers are going to start denying loads going to New York City, but I'll tell you what, you [expletive] around and find out,” he added.

He took down the post later and clarified that he’s not “the leader of any movement.”

“Drivers can make their own decisions based on their families and their careers ... I worked for a place for 18 years and I quit them in one day and had this job because I got to my car,” he wrote in an update post. “I’m not the leader of any movement ... I’m my own man period.”

But he doubled down on supporting Mr. Trump.

“I stand with Trump. One hundred percent Truckers for Trump,” he said.

‘Boycott New York’ Gains Steam

Last September, New York Attorney General Letitia James sued the former president for allegedly defrauding the state by artificially inflating his net worth to obtain more favorable terms from banks and insurers. New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron ruled on Feb. 16 that President Trump and the Trump Organization were liable for inflating the value of their assets to receive better rates from lenders and insurers.
In addition to the financial penalty, President Trump was also banned from “serving as an officer or director” of any business in New York for at least the next three years. Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump were also ordered to pay $4 million each in fines. The Trumps have denied any wrongdoing, with the former president calling the judgment “a lawless, unconstitutional atrocity that sets fire to our laws.”

The initial video posted by Chicago Ray has gained some traction online, with “Boycott New York” and “Boycott NYC” both trending on X at different times. The original video by Chicago Ray has received over seven million views and ended with a promise of an update on Monday. Several other truckers have also taken to X, voicing their support for the campaign.

A truck driver known as Patrick Rossow said in a Feb. 18 post that he “stands with the boycott. Time to show the corrupt [that] we run this country. Not them.”

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38930 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...l-new-york-decision/

Former President Donald Trump must pay nearly half a billion dollars as a bond to New York State before he can appeal the ruling by Judge Arthur Engoron last week that he must pay $354 million in fines — over $450 million, with interest — for fraud.

Critics have noted that Trump is the only person ever to be sued under an obscure New York fraud statute that does not require any harm be done, and that effectively criminalizes the everyday practice of real estate valuations in negotiations with banks.

Though Attorney General Letitia James — who ran for office promising to target Trump — claimed that no one is above the law, her case against Trump marks the only such case in the history of the state. And the staggering fine is likewise unprecedented.

Jonathan Turley points out another astonishing fact at the New York Post: before he can appeal, Trump must pay the whole fine:

Under New York law, Trump cannot appeal this ruling without depositing the full amount, including interest, in a court account. Even for Trump, $455 million is hard to come by. Likewise, a bond would require a company to guarantee payment for a defendant who has been barred from doing business in New York and is facing the need to liquidate much of his portfolio.

Nothing succeeds like excess for judges like Engoron. By imposing this astronomical figure, he can make it difficult or impossible for a defendant to appeal, absent declaring bankruptcy or selling off assets at distress prices.

The excessive fine and its basis raise serious statutory and constitutional questions. Many of us believe it should be substantially reduced or tossed out entirely.

Engoron also refused to allow Trump to mount any defense, declaring Trump guilty via summary judgment for the state.

Posts: 19704 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The 8th Amendment:

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The 8th Amendment:

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

You have to remember those folks on the left only like to apply the Bill of Rights to causes they want....like no bail for real criminals.

Posts: 4014 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It is an absolute upside-down world we live in.
The word "tyranny" is no longer hyperbole, it is an accurate description.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Darkest just before dawn - Haley expected to withdraw tomorrow, SEC approves Truth Social going public and CNN did a potential value estimate of 4 billion.

Has not been announced that it will go public but with approval it is now an option.

So much going on right now, interesting times to say the least.

Posts: 4738 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Darkest just before dawn - Haley expected to withdraw tomorrow,

based on her recent public statements that would be a bit of a surprise

Posts: 2937 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post