SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 ... 926
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
All I know is, thank God Trump is a Hulkamaniac...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30430 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...be-into-fani-willis/

Republican Gov. Brian Kemp (R-GA) appeared at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, on Tuesday, while ignoring calls to criminally prosecute Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

Kemp’s Davos vacation suggests he prefers to socialize with global elites than combat corruption in his own state of Georgia.

Kemp told Georgia state lawmakers his Davos trip is “a great opportunity for me to be out here to share Georgia’s success story with people from around the world. Because I believe they can certainly learn a thing or two from us.”

It is not clear what global elites would learn from Kemp, who left the United States while his state of Georgia is the center of the left’s attack on election integrity.

Posts: 19603 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Vivek looked good up there. Trump said he will be working with us for a long time. I hope he's the VP pick

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3601 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm so tired of this guy. I don't ever want to see his face again.

https://twitter.com/_johnnymag.../1747452788374917229

Posts: 107721 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Looks like he's about to cry. I can feel the defeat and humiliation oozing off him.

Trump dunked on all of em, broke the glass and threw the rim into the upper deck. Spanked em.

To quote Mortal Kombat the movie, "a taste of things to come."

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6983 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Ronny is now horribly pathetic, annoying, worse than Scott Walker. IMO, he has burned much of his political capital for even a future run at anything, let alone POTUS in 2028. He is the Michael Dukakis of 2024. I don't care about his record as governor anymore, he has abandoned his state for his campaign anyways. Donors won't return his calls, he's in need if money to continue on to the rest of the primaries.

The Master outplayed the student, yet the kid still won't learn.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Its crazy how ronny boy has made himself look so bad in such a short time.
Guess though I am glad he did it now rather than having hopes for him in 2028 like myself and others thought it should have played out.

Posts: 18048 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I know he has his fans in this forum, but DeSantis has made a real mess of things. He should have sat this one out. My perception of him has changed entirely from just a few months ago.

Posts: 107721 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I used to be a fan of him, but as VP to Pres. Trump. He's dropped way drown in my opinion and he definitely should have waited til 2028 to get into this ring. However, I do think what he said ^^^ was as good as he could have been. As mentioned, he's lost his command and doesn't sound convinced or have conviction, but I think his words were on.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38720 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Iowa is a very evangelical state and this is who voted for Trump. Once the election moves to New Hampshire next week, the state is mostly made up of people who consider themselves moderate.

It'll be important to see how Trump does and whether DeSantis picks up votes. If DeSantis doesn't do well, his donors will dry up and he might be able to limp into South Carolina.

Doubtful that both DeSantis and Haley make it to Super Tuesday.

Trump did well. If he carries moderate New Hampshire, the primary season is over.

Posts: 4086 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
DeSantis fell for the never Trump and Rinos, he's just like Romney, McCain and Cheney. Maybe he wasn't the conservative we thought, sure what he did in Florida was great, but he succumbed to the Establishment Republicans or he showed his true colors.

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Ronna McDaniel. You forgot the nitwit Ronna McDaniel in your list of RINOs……

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
And here is Never Nikki: Saying that she never Said that, yet here she is, saying that!

Excellent Collage

https://www.facebook.com/reel/117744674767568

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8393 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I know he has his fans in this forum, but DeSantis has made a real mess of things. He should have sat this one out. My perception of him has changed entirely from just a few months ago.

It is has become apparent that DeSantis's motivation is not in the best interests of the USA, only himself.

Posts: 12734 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm so tired of this guy. I don't ever want to see his face again.

https://twitter.com/_johnnymag.../1747452788374917229

quote:
<<snip>> My perception of him has changed entirely from just a few months ago.

At one point in the recent past, I actually liked and supported him in the event that Trump didn't make it. Those days are long gone! He can crawl back under the rock he came from.

Long live Trump, and MAGA!!!

Posts: 4604 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Maybe he wasn't the conservative we thought

Oh, he had his conservative moments, but like you posted, he succumbed to the Uniparty Establishment. He is now pure, greasy politician. He toed the line on the Establishment versions of Jan. 6th, Ukraine, etc. He completely, thoroughly betrayed his mentor, a man who did him tremendous favors helping to build his current career. If Ronny is more than willing to throw Trump under the bus, what will he do in the WH? To me, it is not a matter of him being a RINO, but more of the issue that I cannot trust the man anymore. To me, he is Pence, Christie, Mattis, Barr.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Ep. 65 What the results in Iowa mean.

https://twitter.com/tuckercarl...M6eM54YEstfXgfgp3Ibg

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24172 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Yeah. Those damned SOUTHERN BAPTISTS again! They will be the ruination of this country!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Senator Cruz endorses President Trump

Published January 17, 2024 1:04am EST

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz endorsed Donald Trump for president Tuesday night and called for the country to unify behind the Republican front-runner.

"I am proud to endorse Donald Trump for President of the United States," Cruz said on "Hannity." "I look forward to supporting him enthusiastically."

Cruz, who fiercely battled Trump in the 2016 election primaries, argued that the results of the Iowa caucuses showed there is only one viable Republican nominee.

"[Iowa] was a dominating victory for Donald Trump: I've got to say, there's no place like the Iowa caucuses. I know it intimately. The men and women of Iowa, they take their responsibility incredibly seriously. They scrutinize the candidates," Cruz said.

"It's an amazing process, and I'm a big believer in letting democracy play out. Well, last night it played out, and I got to say Trump's victory was across the board… Congratulations to President Trump on that dominating victory," Cruz said. "And at this point, I believe this race is over."

Trump earned 51% of the votes in the Iowa caucuses on Monday, claiming a 30-point victory over Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who slightly secured second place over Nikki Haley, the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations and former two-term South Carolina governor.

The Texas senator said that Trump's landslide victory in the Iowa caucuses showed that the former president's candidacy is "compelling."

"I'm a big believer we need to let the process play out: It did. And the results last night: 51% [of the vote, which included] 98 counties – that's compelling. And at this point, I think the contrast needs to be on substance and policy and records [versus Biden]," Cruz said.

Cruz noted he is also a top senatorial election target for Democrats as he seeks a third term in the November election.

"I wear that as a badge of honor," he said of continuing to receive the ire and attention of Democrats as his re-election approaches.

"If you are a left-wing Democrat, after Donald Trump, there's nobody in the country you want to beat more than me. And Chuck Schumer has made clear I am his number one target in the country," Cruz continued. "The Democrats are going to spend $100 million this year trying to beat me and trying to flip Texas blue. Now, that ain't going to happen."

Trump also picked up an endorsement from Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., another former 2016 primary competitor, on Sunday.

Cruz and Trump have a complicated political history.

The firebrand conservative senator, who was the runner-up to Trump in the combustible 2016 Republican presidential nomination race, withheld his endorsement for weeks after Trump officially secured the GOP nomination eight years ago.

The two did repair their relationship, and supported each other in the ensuing years.

But in recent weeks, sources tell Fox News that Cruz came under increasing pressure from Trump world to back the former president ahead of Monday's Iowa caucuses.

Cruz, who narrowly won the 2016 Iowa caucuses over Trump and a crowded field of contenders, resisted, saying he had "an immense amount of respect for the Iowa caucuses and their procedures…I was a part of that process in 2016, so I have a special appreciation for it, and I learned intimately how unpredictable it can be."

Trump in recent weeks - on his social media platform Truth Social - also targeted Cruz over the senator's 2024 re-election bid.

The other U.S. senator in Texas, Republican Sen. John Cornyn, has said he will remain neutral in the nomination race and has emphasized he would prefer the GOP moves in a new direction.

Q

Posts: 26472 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post