SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 ... 1123
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Police news conference starting

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Here's google map of the Butler Farm Show grounds ...
https://www.google.com/maps/pl...2F1tghdst7?entry=ttu

Looks like the shooter was off the Farm Show grounds and on the roof of AGR International Inc ... a manufacturing facility

Posts: 4826 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P226RN:
They showed the map and location of the POS vs the location of the podium. There is no way in hell that roof top should have been left uncovered by SS or LEO’s. Someone dropped the ball. (Multiple balls in fact) Grateful he is still with us. Praying for those injured and lost as well as their loved ones.

Yes, this is very concerning. Why hadn't that rooftop been covered. Yet oddly, the SS snipers are facing that way.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39184 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3 | Location: around | Registered: June 13, 2024Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Could be he the police pulled his body back to snap the pic. The wet area could be where he laid after being killifide.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5792 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:

Looks like the shooter was off the Farm Show grounds and on the roof of AGR International Inc ... a manufacturing facility

The website for AGR seems to be down at the moment. Not sure how long it's been offline.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16823 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Something odd to me in this picture. The blood on his face seems clearly very dry, yet the blood on the surrounding areas is still wet. Any more info about this photo, or why the apparent discrepency in the blood? I am not trying to imply anything, or stir up controversy, I just don't understand parts of the picture.

Dan, I agree, it is odd. The blood on the face/forehead looks very dried. Blood on neck/t-shirt still wet. Doesn't make sense.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39184 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kangal:
One of our local "betters"...

https://x.com/DefiantLs/status/1812325798931505525

Anybody with 'director' in their title should have been command of language. Since attempt at humor there as well.

If she isn't fired tomorrow, then fuck them. Karmas a bitch and I hope we all get to see what comes to her.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13069 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
quote:
Something odd to me in this picture. The blood on his face seems clearly very dry, yet the blood on the surrounding areas is still wet. Any more info about this photo, or why the apparent discrepency in the blood? I am not trying to imply anything, or stir up controversy, I just don't understand parts of the picture.

Dan, I agree, it is odd. The blood on the face/forehead looks very dried. Blood on neck/t-shirt still wet. Doesn't make sense.

We don't even know how many hits this maggot took. And where. We only see the one above the left eyebrow. What if he took a couple of more hits elsewhere out of view, and blood was still seeping out?

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
There's nothing odd about it if his chest and neck were against the roof and his face was in the open air.

His body was probably turned slightly to get the pic.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:

We don't even know how many hits this maggot took. And where. We only see the one above the left eyebrow. What if he took a couple of more hits elsewhere out of view, and blood was still seeping out?

You'd be an expert on this. How long would it take for blood to dry to that point? I was assuming that photo was taken within minutes to maybe 1/2 hour after the kill? Still seems odd to me.

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Temperature also affects how quickly blood clots.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16823 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
I don't know if it was said before, but I'm hearing that Trump's SS agents have been asking for more resources but the requests have been ignored by the Biden admin.

Tony.

I heard that too.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8906 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'd call him "dead guy on roof" instead of shooter at this point.

Posts: 7625 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Something odd to me in this picture. The blood on his face seems clearly very dry, yet the blood on the surrounding areas is still wet. Any more info about this photo, or why the apparent discrepency in the blood? I am not trying to imply anything, or stir up controversy, I just don't understand parts of the picture.

Assuming that the picture is real and not some kind of AI fakery (and if so someone will likely get fired for leaking it), thin layers of blood exposed to air dry fairly quickly. His face is exposed to open air. The blood on the ground would still be wet if he was laying on top of it. I see that exact thing far more often than I would like.

25 years in law enforcement, 5 as a Crime Scene investigator. I've seen more than a few shootings.

Someone dropped the ball badly doing the initial survey and securing the perimeter. Their response time to the shots fired was excellent, but he never should have gotten into position to take the shots in the first place. It's real life folks. People make mistakes. Things get missed and John assumes Jim checked it. It's an awful situation and people will be held responsible, but it could have been much, much worse.

Posts: 2643 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
copa up, thanks for the input.

Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:

Looking at that google map, there is one(1) unsecured roof top within 150yrds ... how protection agencies couldn't have noticed something going on up there is puzzling. The only explanation that comes to mind is that threats can come from ANYWHERE and eyes must have not been on that roof for ever how long it took Thomas Matthew Crooks to get into position and fire.

Posts: 4826 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
One of my training officers went over to Secret Service. He hated it during campaign season. In addition to their normal assignment they get spread out to cover all the other candidates, families, and events. It's basically a 24/7 job. It's not uncommon for an agent to work their regular detail, get pulled and put on a plane to work a campaign event across the country, and then immediately fly back to work their regular detail. They get stretched VERY thin.

To make it more fun, Secret Service overtime is capped. Once they hit that cap, they are working for free. Granted, it's a pretty high cap, but when you work around the clock you hit it faster than you'd expect. In the 2016 election cycle there were agents who were shorted roughly $40k in overtime.

The percentage of Secret Service agents who work protective details is actually a small percentage of their work force. Most of them work Treasury investigations, are in uniform positions, or are unsworn support staff.

It's going to be a brutal after action debrief and careers will very likely end over this, but at the end of the day the President is alive and the shooter is not.

Posts: 2643 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post