SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:

Titania McGrath is a well known parody account who has gotten into a bit of trouble in the past for people taking the account seriously. This is no more real than anything from The Onion or Babylon Bee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titania_McGrath

No fucking shit, dude. Seriously? I know who she is. I posted it for humor.

I was not trying for a dunk here. Just trying to make sure we're all on the same page. And, you have a nice day too.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:

These bolshevik scum are over reaching

And that’s the only thing we have going for us right now.

Rush Limbaugh has been saying this for 30 years now: the Left ALWAYS OVERPLAYS THEIR HAND. They just don’t know when to stop when they are ahead, it’s almost like they just can’t help themselves.

Posts: 33812 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Rush Limbaugh has been saying this for 30 years now: the Left ALWAYS OVERPLAYS THEIR HAND. They just don’t know when to stop when they are ahead, it’s almost like they just can’t help themselves.

No adult supervision REMAINS in that party. always going with their "feels". Duty, honor, accountability, work ethic, critical thinking are foreign concepts. Just give into their tantrums and provide lots of free shit and everything will be OK.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"unexpectedly"

https://www.breitbart.com/econ...llapsed-in-december/

U.S. small-business optimism unexpectedly slumped in December to a seven-month low as owners grew increasingly concerned about the new economic policy of the incoming Biden administration and the spread of coronavirus infections triggered renewed restrictions.

The National Federation of Independent Business said Tuesday that its index of sentiment declined by 5.5 points to 95.9.

The result was a sharp decline from last month’s 101.4 and weaker than the median forecast of 102 in Econoday’s survey of economists.

“This month’s drop in small business optimism is historically very large and most of the decline was due to the outlook of sales and business conditions in 2021,” said NFIB Chief Economist Bill Dunkelberg.

Owners expecting better business conditions over the next six months dropped sharply, falling 24 points to a net negative 16 percent.

The share of owners thinking it’s a good time to expand fell four points to eight percent. Sales expectations over the next three months dropped 14 points to a net negative 4 percent. Plans to grow payrolls fell four points to 22 percent.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was not trying for a dunk here. Just trying to make sure we're all on the same page. And, you have a nice day too.

You're good, "dude." I appreciated the info.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ You Good has many meanings in Colorado

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
"unexpectedly"

Yeah... "unexpectedly".

As if the Covid lockdowns weren't harmful enough... Small business owners will be pummeled by a Biden administration. The marriage of Big Gov. and Big Corporate (including Big Tech) is a sad sight to behold.

It's amusing but pure projection that they call their stormtroopers Antifa (Anti-fascism).

From Jack Cashill at American Thinker:

Reportedly, Louisiana Governor Huey Long was once asked, "Do you think we will ever have Fascism in America?" Said Long, "Sure, only we'll call it anti-Fascism." What Trump exposed, and which may prove of more lasting value than what he accomplished, was the real-life unfolding of Long's paradox...

... The "fascist" movement began with Italy's Benito Mussolini. He took the name of his party from the Latin word fasces meaning a bundle of rods gathered together in one strong hand. Starting in ten days all the rods will be gathered -- the presidency, the House, the Senate, Big Tech, Big Media, Hollywood, the CIA, the FBI, perhaps even the military. Just in the last few weeks, their collective eagerness to suppress dissent has shown up their mentors in the CCP.

To enforce the new order at the street level, the Left has developed its own private army. In a marvelous bit of self-parody, the bully boys of the new fascism, the Left's own SA, call themselves anti-fascists or Antifa for short. Huey Long had the last laugh on that one.

With his back to the wall, Trump rallied the last bulwark against this encroaching tyranny, the American people. In so doing, he showed the comically obvious hypocrisy of the Left's support for "largely peaceful" protests.

Although events this past week did not appear to work out as we might have liked, appearances can be deceiving. There were lessons learned, eyes opened. It seems somehow providential that the people's protest at the "People's House" occurred on the Epiphany.

https://www.americanthinker.co...it_for_the_team.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thing that is coming out of this is the left is finally showing their true colors. They want to ban guns, they want to restrict free speech, they want single party rule, they condone riots by their bolsheviks, they will violate anti-trust laws, and every thing else. They will do anything to gain power, and have no respect for the Constitution. They are on full display not just to the 75M that voted the right way in the election, but to anyone who is in the middle because they were kept in the dark by the MSM. The mask is off.

Nancy Pelosi is the most cynical, vindictive, and divisive person I've ever seen in government. She cannot be a good winner, and always overreaches. Despite calling for healing and an end to the polarization, she is perpetuating it.

Posts: 4724 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:

These bolshevik scum are over reaching

And that’s the only thing we have going for us right now.

"Never interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake" applies very well here.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
"unexpectedly"

https://www.breitbart.com/econ...llapsed-in-december/

U.S. small-business optimism unexpectedly slumped in December to a seven-month low as owners grew increasingly concerned about the new economic policy of the incoming Biden administration and the spread of coronavirus infections triggered renewed restrictions.

The market's still doing well, but I'll soon be having a conversation with our funds manager suggesting we take cash and move as much as feasible into much more conservative positions.

While I'm at it, I will ask him if it's feasible to remove any investments in Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and Google.

That $600 in stimulus money? It's sitting in the bank and there it will stay. If we end up with a tax refund this year it, too, will be banked and stay banked.

My personal goal for January was to spend as little money as possible. Doing well, so far: Haven't spent a single red cent on anything non-essential since Dec. 30, 2020. As for December: Spent less than $225 on non-essentials.

This is all a direct reaction to the election of Creepy Uncle Joe, Democrats taking control of the Senate, and the Republican Party turning out to be utterly toothless.

Little need for my wife to cut back, as she's a spendthrift by nature.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Probably a good idea to let people know that a post is a parody/onion type thing, especially with the high tensions during this time. Not everyone lives on the innerwebs and knows all the parody/onion type things out there...

Hell it read like one, but I had to google her to make sure......

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
quote:

Probably a good idea to let people know that a post is a parody/onion type thing, especially with the high tensions during this time. Not everyone lives on the innerwebs and knows all the parody/onion type things out there...

Hell it read like one, but I had to google her to make sure......

With a name like Titania, some suspicion should have perked up.

Posts: 3954 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
For those of you holding large positions in S&P 500 index funds, remember that the index is based on market capitalization. That means it is overwhelmingly documented by FAANG (and now add T). I do own Apple and Amazon stock, but have avoided putting most of my money in S&P 500 index funds because it seems to me they are overloaded with those big tech company investments—particularly concerned about Facebook, Netflix and Google.

And speaking of investments, I’m going to e-mail my Chase investment advisor and plead with him for Jamie Dimond to back off his involvement in politics. We really like our relationship with Chase locally, but Dimond is head of the “Business Roundtable”, which has become increasingly “woke”.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Well said!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I encourage writing your RINO Republican representatives. My committeewoman wrote the following letter:

Congresswoman Ann Wagner
301 Sovereign Court Suite 201
Ballwin, MO 63011

Dear Ann:

I am profoundly disappointed by the actions taken by Congress on January 6th. Actually, I feel betrayed by our government in all branches and levels.

Knock Knock Mr Chellim

Mr. Chellim are you in dere! Ve Know you are!
Open up Mr. Chellim, ve mean you no harm, ve just want to talk to you about a letter you wrote, Mr. Chellim, ve would hate to resort to forcing your door open, dat would be verry bad ya?

han's get der doorbrakenroden mach schnell!

ps liked the letter Big Grin

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Twitter down again today.

3 reasons why Twitter took a $5 billion stock hit after banning Trump

On early Monday, the company’s stock price dropped more than 10%—indicating that investors are nervous about the company’s future without the Tweeter-in-Chief.

Twitter announced Friday night that it was ridding its platform of Donald Trump for good. This, of course, came after the president used his platform of choice to stir his followers to riot at the Capitol building last Wednesday.

Many cheered the move—including hundreds of Twitter employees—but the company’s stock woke up to a hangover on Monday, dropping as much as 12.3% in early trading and shedding about $5 billion of market value. The stock price recovered somewhat throughout the day Monday, losing 6.4% intraday. But the volatility may not be over.

Was Trump’s account really worth $5 billion to Twitter? And why did so many investors head for the exits? Analysts are suggesting three main possibilities.

1. FEAR OF SAGGING ENGAGEMENT
The near-term fear is that because Donald Trump is such a prominent figure on Twitter, the platform may see a large chunk of engagement disappear with him.

“The Trump Twitter ban may lead to fewer users, as one of the platform’s largest speakers is removed,” says Georgetown internet law professor Anupam Chander in an email. “Some users have already tried to migrate to Parler, for example, though that has proven to be a dead end.” (At least for now: Amazon Web Services, which hosted the right-wing social media site Parler, pulled the plug Sunday night.)

Not only did Trump tweet constantly, but his tweets were almost always some form of dog whistle to his base. They were often widely shared and frequently went viral. His tweets also reached beyond the platform as they were often discussed on TV news and on other websites.

One thing on Twitter investors’ minds right now is how the platform will continue to grow. Losing its 6th most popular account (with 88 million followers) is a step in the wrong direction.

Creative Strategies analyst Ben Bajarin adds that investors might just be registering the reality that Trump will soon no longer be president, and that Twitter’s engagement numbers may have gone down anyway.

2. FEAR OF AN EXODUS
The second reason for the stock drop is a bit more forward-looking. Right-wing and conservative users have long felt less at home on Twitter, which is run by a San Francisco-based tech company peopled mainly by liberals. It’s also true that politically, Donald Trump has become the center of the right’s world—the GOP has become the Party of Donald.

Bank of America equities analyst Justin Post wrote in a research note Monday that Twitter may experience some user “churn from the conservative community” in the current quarter. Over the past few months, some prominent conservative commentators announced that they were moving to Parler (though few actually deleted their Twitter accounts altogether). Still, that option may no longer be viable given the AWS ban.

Despite this trend, BofA still rates Twitter a “buy.” Post writes that “after some deactivation newsflow near-term, strong political activists will stay on Twitter for other content.”

“We think other Tweeters can replace Trump, and note since 11/17, Trump’s follower count is down by about 180k, and Biden’s is up by over 4 million,” he writes.

Right-wing users have threatened a walk-out many times before, but it’s never happened on a large scale because Trump has never been willing to abandon Twitter for some other, more right-friendly social platform. Now that Trump is gone, right-wingers may have less reason than ever to stick around.

3. FEAR OF REGULATION
Investors abhor regulated markets, and they get antsy when they catch a whiff of impending regulation in the air.

Whether Twitter was right or wrong to banish Trump, its move Friday was a display of power. When a single tech company is powerful enough to silence the main communication channel between the most powerful man in the world and his followers, regulators are apt to take notice.

It wasn’t alone—Facebook also suspended Trump’s account at least through the inauguration of Joe Biden on January 20 and it too suffered the consequences: Facebook stock sank 4.5% and erased $33.6 billion in market cap. Platforms companies displaying their willingness to shut down large media channels seems to have made investors nervous.

The big social networks themselves often say they want government to create a common set of rules that all players would use for content moderation. But their enthusiasm may depend on how much they get to help write the rules. Their investors can’t know what an eventual regulatory regime for social networks might look like, especially with the growing feeling in Washington that Big Tech has simply become too powerful.

Twitter stock is down because they ensured that every country outside the US is going to severely regulate or replace them.

Imagine the UK allowing an ideological San Francisco company to control the BBC. Will India be ok with Twitter having authority to de-platform Modi?

— JD Ross (@justindross) January 11, 2021

And this applies not only to the U.S. but to other countries that might restrict Twitter’s business. Twitter hopes to achieve most of its future growth outside the U.S.

In addition, some of Twitter’s value may remain dependent on the continued challenges of alternative, right-wing social networks like Parler and Gab. Parler has now filed suit against Amazon, hoping to have its service restored. Gab has had its own share of problems—numerous hosting and internet service providers have abandoned it in the past because of content moderation issues. Its CEO Andrew Torbin says Gab now relies on its own home-build servers, and, lately, it’s been picking up new members at a clip of 600,000 to 700,000 per week.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90...tter-stock-trump-ban

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I encourage writing your RINO Republican representatives. My committeewoman wrote the following letter:

Congresswoman Ann Wagner
301 Sovereign Court Suite 201
Ballwin, MO 63011

Dear Ann:

I am profoundly disappointed by the actions taken by Congress on January 6th. Actually, I feel betrayed by our government in all branches and levels. The November 2020 election exceeded all levels of treachery, deceit and fraud in American history and that is saying something. The American people watched in disbelief on election night as several states simultaneously stopped counting votes as it became apparent that President Trump was winning in a landslide. Over the following weeks we saw a concerted effort by the media, William Barr, the Supreme Court and crooked politicians in the swing states all working to deny the American public access to ballots, voting machines and fair hearings in courts. We also saw many brave citizens come forward to offer testimony as to the fraud they saw happening on election night. They were harassed, ridiculed, fired from their jobs and physically assaulted. President Trump was smeared as unhinged and his supporters are now labelled as domestic terrorists. These events are typical in nations with totalitarian governments. Unfortunately, the United States is fast joining their ranks.

To add insult to injury, I received an email from you yesterday in which you condemned the heinous actions that took place on January 6th. I do not endorse violence either and neither does President Trump. The press and government officials told voters for President Trump to move on because there was nothing to see regarding election fraud. The thousands of people who traveled great distances to Washington, DC were hoping that Congress would do its Constitutional duty and return the disputed electors back the state legislatures where some thorough investigations would uncover what truly happened on election night. Instead, you and the vast majority of your colleagues turned your backs on the American people and betrayed us. If there was anything heinous on January 6th, it was this.

The other disgusting aspect of this is the rush to condemn President Trump and his supporters as a violent, rioting mob. Will there be any truthful investigation into the bad actors who were leading the violence? Will we be told if there were Antifa and other violent groups involved in this? Considering the blind eye turned toward uncovering the truth about the election, why should we expect truth regarding this event? Even more distressing, why should any American citizen ever bother to vote again if we doubt that the election process is fair? Going beyond that, why should the American public ever vote to return you and the other members of Congress back for additional terms?

Our country is being delivered into the hands of Communists while the press, major corporations, Congress, the Supreme Court and our federal agencies play along with this. I cannot and will not support you or any other person who turned their backs on this country when we needed you most.

Regretfully,

Great letter and thanks for sharing. We must be fairly near (physically) as Wagner is my congress woman as well - oops person (HAHA).

Semper Fidelis

Posts: 119 | Location: Missouri | Registered: August 01, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Trump TV Just Might Work, Analysts Say. The Demand Is There. -- Barrons.com

How much money could Donald Trump bring in with a new social-media platform or TV channel after he leaves office? At least $300 million in annual revenue, according to back-of-the-envelope estimates by some analysts.

cont....

ETA, I don't think this link works without being signed into Fidelity. Sorry.

https://eresearch.fidelity.com...WJONESREALTIME006855

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Trump's Live Address from the Alamo at 3pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_WNI43s3ds

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
can anyone comprehend this ?

Twitter Policy Statement today

"Ahead of the Ugandan election, we're hearing reports that Internet service providers are being ordered to block social media and messaging apps.

We strongly condemn internet shutdowns – they are hugely harmful, violate basic human rights and the principles of the #OpenInternet."

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post