SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 ... 1148
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
"You don't need to ban everyone if you're winning" -- Salty Cracker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjSVeYIslJU

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8546 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
And they all forget that they are alienating 1/2 of the US population in their zeal to appeal to the other 1/2. They need to see what it is like to lose 1/2 of their marketshare overnight and the resulting drop in their stock price. Delete accounts, go to alternatives, etc. Show them the result.

Posts: 4918 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
I am a Firefox user now. My Best Friend is a cop and conservative and he recommends Brave. He installed it on my computer but I've yet to try it. I expect to give it a whirl.

flashguy,

If you do convert, let us know how you ported your logins and passwords data from Firefox to Brave.

There is a migration tool for copying booksmarks from IE to Brave, but I didn't see one for going from Firefox. I have told Brave to use DuckDuckGo as my default search engine.

flashguy

I did what skyline suggested and it worked fine importing logins, passwords, bookmarks, etc. from Firefox to Brave. Have also added a number of extensions that I liked such as DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, Cookie Auto Delete, etc. as well as a Dark Theme. Brave may have made me a convert. We'll see after a few days. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I am a Firefox user now. My Best Friend is a cop and conservative and he recommends Brave. He installed it on my computer but I've yet to try it. I expect to give it a whirl.

flashguy,

If you do convert, let us know how you ported your logins and passwords data from Firefox to Brave.

There is a migration tool for copying booksmarks from IE to Brave, but I didn't see one for going from Firefox. I have told Brave to use DuckDuckGo as my default search engine.

flashguy

I did what skyline suggested and it worked fine importing logins, passwords, bookmarks, etc. from Firefox to Brave. Have also added a number of extensions that I liked such as DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, Cookie Auto Delete, etc. as well as a Dark Theme. Brave may have made me a convert. We'll see after a few days. Big Grin
Well, I didn't download it and did not have the opportunity to ask for migration from Firefox at that time -- my Best Friend supplied me with a thumb drive containing it and I ran it from there. The Settings button does provide a tool for migration of information to Brave, but Firefox is not one of the browsers listed as sources.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Try typing brave://welcome in the address bar of Brave. The next screen should give you the option to import from Mozilla Firefox near the bottom.

Posts: 1097 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can get that page, but Mozilla Firefox is not listed as a browser there. Maybe I need an update to Brave, but I can't find a way to do that.

flashguy

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I downloaded Brave just now, haven't imported anything. Will try it tomorrow. Yesterday I replaced my Text Messenger (Android, more google) with Signal. I like it but am still working out usability. I enabled two step Verification and it seems to want that every time. I also downloaded and setup ProtonMail and Proton VPN on my Phone today. It seems nice so I will be trying to divorce from Gmail completely over the coming days.

The wife renewed AmazPrime about a month ago, we'll see about cancelling. Maybe you can call them and get a prorata refund or something.

I guess there isn't a possibility for a 100% divorce from Google.

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can get that page, but Mozilla Firefox is not listed as a browser there. Maybe I need an update to Brave, but I can't find a way to do that.
[/QUOTE]

Mine is version 1.18.78

Open the menu (three horizonal lines upper right) and click "About Brave" near the bottom of the list. It will indicate version, if it is up to date or if you can update the version.

This whole business probably should have been in its own thread. Sorry para Frown

USN (RET), COTEP #192

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So did I, 'til I found out I was just in Nebraska.

Yah! I'm sayin', if'n ya woulda just motored on another 600 miles... y'know?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Bald1 I noticed on the Brave website you can download older versions, I just never went there.

I have the same problem with no firefox or mozilla listing. I am wondering if adblock or Ublockorigin or something else is making it 'invisible' effectively.

Posts: 7392 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mine is version 1.18.78

Open the menu (three horizonal lines upper right) and click "About Brave" near the bottom of the list. It will indicate version, if it is up to date or if you can update the version.

This whole business probably should have been in its own thread. Sorry para Frown
I've done both the things mentioned as possible fixes and still no Firefox listed. I check my version of Brave and it gave Version 0.60.45 Chromium: 72.0.3626.109. Just above that it said it had not been able to update Brave and recommended a reinstall. When I clicked on that it brought up a page to install Chrome, which is not what I want.

ETA: Apparently I'd never created an account with Brave, so that may be the problem. I am trying to do that now, but it has tried twice to send me an e-mail with instructions on how to complete the registration, but neither of them have arrived. I have gone directly to Yahoo Mail, bypassing Outlook, and no message there, either (or in the Spam folder).

flashguy

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
flashguy,
I know your best friend installed it but it sounds like something is screwy (very old version Frown ) and you need to remove it and install it clean from the Brave website.

83v45magna, you might need to do the same. Must have Firefox closed when you import from it into Brave.

I say this because, brand new to Brave, I went to their site, downloaded, installed clean, imported from Firefox, and added extensions all without any issues at all. Made this move as I am, like many, trying to rid myself of as many anti-Trump tech related products / apps as possible!

FWIW I'm running Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 19042.685 (20H2)

Gonna look at installing Brave on my Android phone as well.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Just installed Brave on my mac. I had to import my bookmarks from Safari to firefox, then from firefox to Brave.

I'm good, but it didn't import passwords, so I have to open my keychain if I can't remember a password.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5520 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
How do we know brave is better? Seems like HQ is in San Francisco, deep behind enemy lines.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like Parler is officially kaput. I just tried accessing their site. Nope. Dead.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5520 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Have a snack. Something comforting.
A bialy would be good.

Indeed. Heard they go well with tea.

Big Grin

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
When you cancel Prime does it keep your benefits until your year is up? ... My membership isn't due for renewal for 3 months.

When I cancelled ours all it did was cancel the auto-renew. It won't be truly cancelled until May. Nothing I could do about that, but I did remove from our watch list anything on it that was chargeable.

I would have cancelled it with immediate effect if I could have--I'm that pissed.[/QUOTE]

That is what I ran in to at first. I got on the chat and requested it be closed immediately and the balance of Prime refunded and Saddam (go figure) made it happen.

Posts: 158 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
We canceled Prime this morning.

Is a AWS server farm going up in flames the 21st century Boston tea party?

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
And chance we can get this thread back on topic?

There are rumors that before Amazon took Parlar down last night that PDJT posted he pardoned Assange and Snowden, then signed the insurrection act.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post