SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
I am undecided if I will bother to vote in the Georgia runoff.

You know what's frustrating about comments like this from Georgians--I live in Illinois--I can't vote in Georgia--there's nothing I can do. Your not voting affects the whole rest of the country. Dude, if you don't vote and the Democrats take those two seats, don't come here complaining about it.

So correct. I live in Virginia, where no doubt the Democrats, have taken over. Even with the huge population centers voting Blue, if every conservative legal voter in Virginia had voted for a Republician candidate, it wouldn't have happened. But so many stay home and sit on their ass on election day and complain every day after.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Dems are trying to get people to move to GA just to vote there, and some who live there already say they won't bother?? Confused

That's just nonsensical. Frickin' go vote, man.

We'd go do it for ya, but that'd be, you know, illegal.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
If you don’t vote you’re a pussy. Plain and simple.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Regarding 2018: Don’t forget that 26 Republicans retired from Congress not even seeking another political office; in 2016 it was 20. In 2008 when the Dems took over 27 retired, so almost as many retired with a Republican president as a Dem.
That included of course the Speaker of the House.
That must have contributed to discouragement of Republican voters.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
If you don’t vote you’re a pussy. Plain and simple.

Apologies to the rest, I just need to cool off and get my head right but screw you man.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Why is it that Media personalities and Politicians think proof of fraud outweighs the need to provide proof of a free and fair election.

They should be working overtime to get to the truth, and present clear and convincing evidence of a free and fair election...

The corrupt news/information overlords may be our biggest problem. Everything opens up with alternative voices, it's less and less likely to become the case.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Kook:
Time for a deep breath.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tra.../1337548142196129792

This fight isn't over yet. It will be soon but not yet.

Keep It Comin' Bitches! Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
“Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense… For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it…

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? …until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

Gentlemen may cry Peace, Peace, but there is no peace. The war is actually begun… Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? … Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!

I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”

~ Patrick Henry

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Tonight feels like a bad dream. I really believed, prayed, hoped, and just had a feeling that things would be alright. This was a strong case with a clear Constitutional violation and they wouldn't even allow arguments.

As bad as we feel I can't imagine how President Trump and Thomas must be feeling. They are two of the biggest patriots our country has ever seen. Gosh, this is unreal...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Live Free or Die!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
This was a strong case with a clear Constitutional violation and they wouldn't even allow arguments.

I don't know how strong a case it was, as I'm no Constitutional scholar, but I was hoping that, win or lose, SCOTUS would at least hear the arguments. So it is in this respect I feel most disappointed. They, like every other God damned court in the nation, wouldn't even hear the damn arguments.

I don't feel betrayed by the Democrats, because I've long known they have no moral compass. I feel betrayed by our so-called law enforcement system, which has simply sat on its hands; by the Republican Party, which has shown itself to be toothless; and by our courts, which have shown themselves to be utterly worthless.

I increasingly feel like a stranger in what used to be my own land. Increasingly feel I'm no longer in the country in which I grew up and I once loved.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
14m
So, you’re the President of the United States, and you just went through an election where you got more votes than any sitting President in history, by far - and purportedly lost. You can’t get “standing” before the Supreme Court, so you “intervene” with wonderful states.....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
·
14m
....that, after careful study and consideration, think you got “screwed”, something which will hurt them also. Many others likewise join the suit but, within a flash, it is thrown out and gone, without even looking at the many reasons it was brought. A Rigged Election, fight on!

https://twitter.com/realDonald...ad.962101%2Fpage-350

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The remaining battles. After what happened today (yesterday), however, I have completely lost any remaining faith in our justice system.

WHAT NOW? The Fight for Our Freedom Continues Despite SCOTUS Ruling on Texas

By Joe Hoft
Published December 11, 2020 at 8:10pm

So what now?
We will pray and fight but stopping the steal depends on President Trump. Will he fight on? Will he drop something big?

There are still court cases in nearly every state of concern. Below is our understanding of open cases as of Friday night:

In Pennsylvania Rudy has a case he plans to take to the US Supreme Court. The couple congressmen from Pennsylvania still have a case at the US Supreme Court where they argue that how absentee ballots were processed in the state was unconstitutional.

In Michigan an Obama judge threw out Sidney Powell’s case claiming massive corruption in the election process in the state. The judge must think carting tens of thousands of ballots into a counting area with no Republicans present is entirely fine. Powell has suggested she will forward this to the US Supreme Court.

In Georgia Lin Wood has a case now at the Supreme Court. Sidney Powell has a case which was thrown out which she plans to bring to the Supreme Court. President Trump has filed an emergency petition with the Supreme Court in Georgia.

In Arizona the RNC and Sidney Powell both have cases they are sending to the Supreme Court.

In Wisconsin President Trump has a case in progress with the Wisconsin Elections Commission.

In Nevada its Supreme Court dismissed President Trump’s election appeal. We are not sure if this is going on to the US Supreme Court or not.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
The remaining battles. After what happened today (yesterday), however, I have completely lost any remaining faith in our justice system.

WHAT NOW? The Fight for Our Freedom Continues Despite SCOTUS Ruling on Texas

By Joe Hoft
Published December 11, 2020 at 8:10pm

So what now?
We will pray and fight but stopping the steal depends on President Trump. Will he fight on? Will he drop something big?

There are still court cases in nearly every state of concern. Below is our understanding of open cases as of Friday night:

In Pennsylvania Rudy has a case he plans to take to the US Supreme Court. The couple congressmen from Pennsylvania still have a case at the US Supreme Court where they argue that how absentee ballots were processed in the state was unconstitutional.

In Michigan an Obama judge threw out Sidney Powell’s case claiming massive corruption in the election process in the state. The judge must think carting tens of thousands of ballots into a counting area with no Republicans present is entirely fine. Powell has suggested she will forward this to the US Supreme Court.

In Georgia Lin Wood has a case now at the Supreme Court. Sidney Powell has a case which was thrown out which she plans to bring to the Supreme Court. President Trump has filed an emergency petition with the Supreme Court in Georgia.

In Arizona the RNC and Sidney Powell both have cases they are sending to the Supreme Court.

In Wisconsin President Trump has a case in progress with the Wisconsin Elections Commission.

In Nevada its Supreme Court dismissed President Trump’s election appeal. We are not sure if this is going on to the US Supreme Court or not.

Thanks Q. I needed something to grab onto tonight. Today was a gut punch.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5401 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^Let's hope they fight on, despite the SCOTUS kick in the gut taking a lot of wind out of the sails. Hopefully SCOTUS didn't 'set a tone.'

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the Supreme Court fucked us on the Texas case they are going to fuck us on everything else. This is over and so is the time for settling this through the legal system.. if you thought 2020 sucked then get ready for what’s to come

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
<<snip>> There is no gray, ladies and gentlemen. I know where I stand. Heck, many of you probably will be calling me out a kook, too. No problems, that's your right. THERE.IS.NO.GRAY.

You're definitely not a kook there Q! I'll be standing with you and all like-minded true Americans until the day I die in a pile of hot brass!!! I just don't see any other way out at this point...

Posts: 4587 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
Back up, take a breath and get ready for tomorrow.

Exactly. None of us wants to be this individual:

Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
This is not over.

This is a (major) setback, but our President hasn't given up. Neither should we.

Stay strong.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
This is not over.

This is a (major) setback, but our President hasn't given up. Neither should we.

Stay strong.

Indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post