SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Insurrection Act needs to be the response.

Posts: 434 | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I really like your analogy sigmonkey, and I’m with you 110%!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tomgun,

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
I’ve talked to Vietnamese people who work where I work, folks who escaped to here in boats and some who almost died in the process.
And ukranians who were there in the Soviet Union days and came here for freedom.
They all voted for President Trump, and they all say the same things Monkey does.

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
And just for the record, my health has declined to the point where taking up arms and going into "battle" with my rifle is no longer an option.

That is true of many of us, but not some of us if they really wanted to engage in that sort of battle.
When all is said and done, though—and even by them—far more will be said than done.

And for the record, it would be physically possible for me to take up arms to go into battle as I define it, but what I don’t do is talk about it when the who and where to fight questions are simply fantasies.

Okay, I appreciate your thoughts and opinion. I suspect if the chit really hit the fan, I would find it within myself to do more than I currently think I can. I do not consider such mental exercises as fantasy, but rather playing "what if" so that I have my mind made up IF it actually came to pass. Again, just my opinion... everybody has one! Big Grin

Posts: 4779 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomgun:
I’ve talked to Vietnamese people who work where I work, folks who escaped to here in boats and some who almost died in the process.
And ukranians who were there in the Soviet Union days and came here for freedom.
They all voted for President Trump, and they all say the same things Monkey does.

I am from Hong Kong witnessing how bad China communist is no way they going to turn this country to a country similar to them, this is my home , my country and everything that I have .

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xmod:
Insurrection Act needs to be the response.

I guess it depends on the scope and duration. I think it could mean anything from localized military control for a short period while things get sorted out, to indefinite suspension of civil rights. Definitely not on board with the latter.

Despite the present goal, I have real concerns about its use down the road. Any future election could be disputed by the incumbent who then takes indefinite control "for national security". I think North Korea is going on about 7 decades of it.

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I know it’s not over but I had a thought.

It’s clear the Democrats stole this election with the help of the MSM. They think this all goes away on the 20th. But it won’t. Imagine Biden/Harris nine months from now. The election fraud is revealed. Hunter is in jail. China connections revealed. Biden is forced to resign in disgrace. The lies. The coverups. An absolute body blow to our corrupt institutions. It will destroy the Democrats.

It’s not me fantasizing. They did this. Too many were involved to keep quiet. And patriots out there won’t rest until they get the truth.

Their worst nightmare has come true. They got away with it. For now.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
The democrats stole the election with the help of the media AND the help of big tech and the Chinese.
I still hold out hope that something happens to foil their plan.
I have not given up.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16632 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Oh. I’m not giving up. But we may have lost a battle to win the war.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post

Also...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Didn’t really understand the Alito/Thomas comment. Did they mean that they just wouldn’t grant any temporary injunction while the case was heard, or that they were willing to hear the case, but it wasn’t going to be successful in the end anyway?

That last was my interpretation.

Yeah, it wasn’t clear. My first impression was the former, but you may well have been right.

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I know it’s not over but I had a thought.

It’s clear the Democrats stole this election with the help of the MSM. They think this all goes away on the 20th. But it won’t. Imagine Biden/Harris nine months from now. The election fraud is revealed. Hunter is in jail. China connections revealed. Biden is forced to resign in disgrace. The lies. The coverups. An absolute body blow to our corrupt institutions. It will destroy the Democrats.

It’s not me fantasizing. They did this. Too many were involved to keep quiet. And patriots out there won’t rest until they get the truth.

Their worst nightmare has come true. They got away with it. For now.
That would leave us with Kamala Harris as President--a much worse outcome, IMO. (However, I don't think Sleepy Joe would last that long--something would happen to him, "healthwise".)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Well I sure as hell haven't given up and I see only a few of us who have (mostly those members that have shown themselves to be RHINO's, trolls and agitators).

I think you mean RINOs (Republican In Name Only). The only RHINO I know around here is RHINOWSO. Speaking of whom, haven’t seen him post in a while. Looks like his most recent post was June 21st. Anybody heard from him since?

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
slosig... fixed.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

I think you mean RINOs (Republican In Name Only). The only RHINO I know around here is RHINOWSO. Speaking of whom, haven’t seen him post in a while. Looks like his most recent post was June 21st. Anybody heard from him since?

If I recall correctly, and I may be mistaken, there was a falling out between RHINOWSO and management, and he hasn't been back since.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30900 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:

If I recall correctly, and I may be mistaken, there was a falling out between RHINOWSO and management, and he hasn't been back since.

Sorry to hear that. The RHINO could be shall we say “a bit direct”, Big Grin but he did contribute. Oh well, we all make our own choices.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am extremely disappointed in the USSC

I had hoped that after all we had done to put conservatives back on the court and bolster their ranks so they they would be a co-equal branch yet again they abandoned us when the chips were down

Alito surprised me

I would have thought they would have gladly taken up the case and done what was right

but I was wrong

it appears that the DoJ and ALL of its infestations as well as the courts are NOT on the side of the Constitution

Posts: 53786 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wisconsin case (which was argued today) is dead...

Link...

Appointed by President Trump no less...

UPDATE... It appears that there are 2 cases in Wisconsin? The one in front of the Supreme Court of Wisconsin has not been settled? The one that was tossed was a different lawsuit? Looking to find the answer.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:

UPDATE... It appears that there are 2 cases in Wisconsin? The one in front of the Supreme Court of Wisconsin has not been settled? The one that was tossed was a different lawsuit? Looking to find the answer.

This is a pretty comprehensive and updated list. There are two, pre and post election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...residential_election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...l_election#Wisconsin

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
The Steve Turley video on the previous page is encouraging.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39229 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post