SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Counting on state appointed electors is the thinnest of hopes. As far as the Supreme Court goes that is about the strongest of rebukes you could get. Even Alito and Thomas said although they think it should have at least been heard they would not grant any relief. In hindsight the Texas suit never stood a chance.

Didn’t really understand the Alito/Thomas comment. Did they mean that they just wouldn’t grant any temporary injunction while the case was heard, or that they were willing to hear the case, but it wasn’t going to be successful in the end anyway?

Posts: 3407 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Didn’t really understand the Alito/Thomas comment. Did they mean that they just wouldn’t grant any temporary injunction while the case was heard, or that they were willing to hear the case, but it wasn’t going to be successful in the end anyway?

That last was my interpretation.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:
quote:
Make them lie and cheat. Eventually maybe they will mess up so bad that the cheating is undeniable.

You mean like... NOW? The eventually is here and now and there seems to be no stomach to even acknowledge it must less do anything about it. At least by the powers that be.

That’s no reason for us to give up. The powers that be are only in power if we let them be.

It’s clear some of the folks in this thread have given up. That’s fine. I just wish they’d do the rest of us a favor and give up silently and stop broadcasting their submission.

If you are referring to me as to someone who is giving up and submitting please show me where I have said as much. Recognizing the reality of the situation is not equivalent to giving up. Remaining ignorant and paying silence to it serves no purpose. If you think it is then you must think Trump has given up because you can be sure he realizes the reality of the situation. If our votes are rendered null and void we have no say in who the powers to be are. They are chosen for us just like what they are trying to do now. As someone else here said avoiding reality does not prevent it from happening it just makes you unprepared for it. When and if Trump concedes is when it's over. My personal opinion is he will invoke the insurrection before he concedes. This is not over.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A comparison.

Exodus 17:1-13

Moses has brought the Israelites from Egypt to the Sinai desert. They are tired, hungry, thirsty and disenchanted and ready to eliminate Moses and, likely, head back to Egypt.

God has provided Mana and Quail to eat, but might as well have been MRE's for it appeal.

Now they are thirsty, so God instructs Moses to strikes the rock with the staff he had used to bring plagues to Egypt and out flowed water.

Then they find themselves in a war with the Amalekites, and Moses stands, lifts his hands to the heavens and the Isrealites prevail, when he becomes weary, and his hands lower, the Amalekites prevail. This goes in a bit, and then Hur and Aaron seat Moses on a rock, and hold his hands up until the Israelites are victorious.

So, now the comparison.

Trump has led us out of the "Egypt" that the Obama rule had for eight years, as well as the many years prior by both the left and the right leadership, in effect, enslaving the people.

We found ourselves in wilderness of sorts, with all the crap the GDCs continued to sling at Trump (and us), and the lack or even TDS from the right and in our midst (like the Erev Rav, the "mixed multitude" that came out with the Israelites, to vex them and whine and work against the effort of Moses and the will of the people to follow him) for the past four years. Leaving us "hungered, thirsty and weary". And now, War.

So, we voted for Trump the first time, and then many sat back, as followers, expecting him to "do all the work", and many pissed and moaned about all manner of things for the past four years.

And time to re-elect, and still people piss and moan about how Trump "speaks", and seldom stop and show gratitude for the many things he has done, in effect, blaming him for the place we find ourselves, (facing the Amalekites in battle) as if his tweets and other things are why he "did not have victory".

So, now, in battle, he has done all he can to support us in this fight, because this fight is ours.

He gets weary, and who will "hold up his hands" that we will prevail?

If you have belief in God, then are you continually "holding his hands up" in prayer?

Or are you as those that peeped and muttered, and spoke against Moses, in effect, demoralizing the people, and all the negative thoughts, deeds and what not, that go hand in hand?

Seeing and hearing people's response, before a true "shot is fired", it becomes clear that a great many will fail to stand in a real and actual confrontation.

I know. I have been down this road, and I have seen the same thing in people.

If you do not believe in the cause of Freedom and Liberty, to the point of doing and giving all that it takes, then please move aside and be quiet. If you do, you are my brother or sister.

It is nowhere near "over". Nope.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boss1:
First, DJT isn't 'going to win,' he did win.

What we're watching is that Win being stolen in broad daylight, right in front of our face. Tell a lie big enough and often enough, and people will believe it.

SCOTUS (and everyone else involved) at this point is trying to put a 'lid' on exposing how bad the theft is. They didn't want to hear the case because the d@mning evidence would be exposed on a national stage. Can't let that happen.

We are definitely at the precipice tho.

$.02 worth,
Boss

The Swamp has total control of our country to the point they can do this in broad daylight. Sure, we keep going with the courts, but they have the game rigged. Tech and the media will cover it all up like it never happened. People who could help would rather keep their heads down. That doesn't mean it's over, but it's hard to win a fixed game. Not impossible.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
A few additional comments after "sleeping on" the latest news, and reading all the most recent updates/posts...

1) First and foremost, I have not given up. Trump has not conceded, and OBiden has not been sworn into office, so the fight is still on! My hopes have dimmed considerably, but I have not given up ALL hope yet.

2) Secondly, I also like to plan ahead to the best of my ability... if nothing more than figuring out what to possibly expect. What I do see happening, and am surprised nobody else has even mentioned the possibility of, is if the GDC do take the White House and "We the people" choose to not accept it, how will The People organize themselves for the battle? The internet of course, and freedom-loving websites like this one.

Does ANYONE truly believe the GDCs will not take control of and shut down our only means of communication and organization??? With few exceptions, we as a forum are scattered all over the nation; indeed the world. Without the internet and forums like this one, how do we organize?

I have zero idea how it could be affected, and I'm hoping many of you who are much smarter and more strategic than I can come up with a solution while we still can. If we are to organize, it must be done now while we can still communicate as a large group.

Ideas? Comments? Should I just go pound sand because I'm bonkers???

Posts: 4779 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I sure as hell haven't given up and I see only a few of us who have (mostly those members that have shown themselves to be RINO's, trolls and agitators).

Stating fact and realizing the doors are closing quickly is not giving up.

We are potentially in a transition from working within the current system or having to invoke parts of the Constitution that I thought we would never have to invoke.

Discussing this is not "giving up" or "throwing in the towel" or whatever euphemism you want to use. It is the discussion necessary to prepare for and to invoke those clauses.

I am ready to leave my family, walk away from a very comfortable life and everything I have worked for to take up a rifle. This is not giving up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bozman,

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Even the 'leaders' in that video look like they're wondering why they're wasting their time listening to that corrupt fool. He can't complete a full sentence.

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Even after Texas SCOTUS ruling, President Trump is still going to win

When I’m wrong, I say I’m wrong. Most of the time when I’m right, I don’t gloat. But there are times when it needs to be pointed out, not because I need an ego boost but because the results of being right need to be understood in context. The negative ruling by the Supreme Court is one such example because in the last episode of NOQ Report, I put the chances of it flipping any of the four states in the lawsuit at zero. But I’m still quite sure President Trump will win, just as I was confident before the ruling came down.

Anyone honest who looked at the Texas petition (and the Pennsylvania petition earlier in the week as well) should be able to agree the merits were strong. But this isn’t just about merits. There are two important factors that have nothing to do with merits: Motivations and standing. The Texas case was plagued with a motivation problem from the start because it went after four states for breaking their own election laws, states that President Trump unfortunately lost by a small margin. The problem with the case is that there were 27 other states with similarly broken election laws that were not included in the lawsuit either because the margins weren’t close or the President won them.

But the Supreme Court shot down the Texas case over the second issue: Standing. Texas had a hard time demonstrating it. Even with dozens of states jumping on board with various amici curiae, the case itself still went through Texas alone. It should have been 20+ states filing the lawsuit together, but time was too short for Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton to organize it. Thus, they missed the opportunity.

And that’s okay. It’s not ideal; I was 50/50 on whether the case could prompt a short delay on selection of electors to allow other lawsuits and investigations to work their way up the ladder, but that didn’t happen. Now, we’re here with many Trump supporters losing hope. That’s understandable but unwarranted. Lest we forget, we have the most important earthly factor on our side: The truth. As long as this is still the United States of America, the truth has an opportunity to shine through in the end.

Will it? I believe so. There’s the Lin Wood lawsuit in Georgia that is now docketed with the Supreme Court. It’s not the most substantive lawsuit out there, but it has more direct evidence of voter fraud than the Texas lawsuit had. We also have the Team Trump lawsuit proceeding to the Wisconsin Supreme Court Saturday. That one is promising mostly because of the slight right-leaning makeup of the seven-Justice court. Sidney Powell is still fighting. Many other attorneys and organizations are making appeals through the courts and legislatures. There is still time and opportunity to bring this election to a righteous conclusion.

But I always go back to having the truth on our side. Those who say “show me the evidence” have either willfully ignored the mountains of evidence in President Trump’s favor or they’re lying when they claim there is none. A nation that is collectively willing to allow its elections to be subverted is not a strong nation, and I still believe in the exceptionalism of America. Therefore, I have hope that this works itself out through the courts, state legislatures, electors, or Capitol Hill.

The bigger reason that I’m confident is that I have faith. I know that if God’s will is for President Trump to win, then it will happen. And if that’s not the case, then it’s still God’s will for whatever happens in the stead of a second Trump term. As believers, we should know better than to impose our own desires on things that are way above our pay grade. That’s not to say we stop fighting. But we do so knowing that the outcome is the right one from a Biblical perspective even if it makes no sense to us today.

Many may be losing hope in the courts, but they haven’t seen the best cases yet. State legislatures can still act. Electors can still act. Capitol Hill may be forced to act. But in the end, I’m still confident President Trump is in the Oval Office until January, 2025.

https://noqreport.com/2020/12/...-still-going-to-win/

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

You’re a little too far out in the future, bud. Why manufacture your own misery like this?
We need you here, in the present.

Posts: 3860 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you are referring to me...

If I was referring to you I would have said “you” instead of “some people” and “they”.

I write what I mean.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15276 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
[H]ow will The People organize themselves for the battle? The internet of course, and freedom-loving websites like this one.

I do not interpret the word “battle” as you and many others here evidently do.
I strongly doubt we will see any sort of battle that fits my definition—and which I am familiar with—and as a consequence “when all is said and done, far more is said than done.”

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:

You’re a little too far out in the future, bud. Why manufacture your own misery like this?
We need you here, in the present.

While I respect your opinion, I'm not convinced I'm any further into the future than I should be at this point! January 20th is only slightly more than a month away, and at the rate things are going, time to overturn this debacle of an election is growing VERY slim. I like to believe that I am only considering the alternatives, and TRYING to plan accordingly! Waiting on the door to slam shut before you attempt to go out of it does not sound very wise to me. Just my opinion...

Posts: 4779 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does ANYONE truly believe the GDCs will not take control of and shut down our only means of communication and organization??? With few exceptions, we as a forum are scattered all over the nation; indeed the world. Without the internet and forums like this one, how do we organize?

Were it to come to that, they wouldn't shut it down. They'd use it as an information source.

There's a series my wife and I started watching on Netflix: Designated Survivor. (More on that elsewhere.) In it there's an organization of the kind to which you're referring. They're off the grid entirely. No Internet. No smart phones. They use no credit cards. Low-tech, off-the-radar entirely.

That would be the only way to achieve that which you describe. And, of course, even then you can have moles.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
[H]ow will The People organize themselves for the battle? The internet of course, and freedom-loving websites like this one.

I do not interpret the word “battle” as you and many others here evidently do.
I strongly doubt we will see any sort of battle that fits my definition—and which I am familiar with—and as a consequence “when all is said and done, far more is said than done.”

My use of the term "battle" is open to readers interpreting however they want. It could be a physical war-time battle, it could be a battle in the courts, it could be a battle of words, it could be simply moving to where more like-minded people are and starting over; your choice on how you wish to read it.

Edit to add: And just for the record, my health has declined to the point where taking up arms and going into "battle" with my rifle is no longer an option. The best I can hope for is to hunker down and defend my home and family to the best of my ability, or until the ammo runs out.

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
quote:

If you are referring to me...

If I was referring to you I would have said “you” instead of “some people” and “they”.

I write what I mean.

The ambiguity of the keyboard and usage of terminology leaves much to interpretation of meanings and context. No worries my friend.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

If you do not believe in the cause of Freedom and Liberty, to the point of doing and giving all that it takes, then please move aside and be quiet. If you do, you are my brother or sister.

Your entire post is extremely appreciated, monkey. I grew up in the church and know just about every passage of the Torah.

I bolded the part I did because it reminded me of Patrick Henry's quote ending with, "Give me Liberty of give me death." Now, that's the kind of commitment I think you're talking about. Amen!

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
And just for the record, my health has declined to the point where taking up arms and going into "battle" with my rifle is no longer an option.

That is true of many of us, but not some of us if they really wanted to engage in that sort of battle.
When all is said and done, though—and even by them—far more will be said than done.

And for the record, it would be physically possible for me to take up arms to go into battle as I define it, but what I don’t do is talk about it when the who and where to fight questions are simply fantasies.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Your entire post is extremely appreciated, monkey. I grew up in the church and know just about every passage of the Torah.

I bolded the part I did because it reminded me of Patrick Henry's quote ending with, "Give me Liberty of give me death." Now, that's the kind of commitment I think you're talking about. Amen!

Thank you, both.

I am my monkey's brother!!!

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
I am my monkey's brother!!!

I used to hear the phrase often, "Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle!"

It looks now like the monkey has a lot of brothers, while the uncle count is still unknown. Smile

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post