SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 986
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Philadelphia Firefighters Union Breaks From National Biden Endorsement To Endorse President Trump

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...orse-president-trump

Posts: 12874 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
We've watched almost every rally. It never gets old. He's so upbeat and fired up when he's 'off the cuff'. Last night in Opa-Locka was great.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's going to win in a landslide. Despite the mainstream working hard to defeat him. They are truly anti American. If you think has been cleaning house..you ain't seen nothing yet. God bless our Republic!!!!

allen conrad

Posts: 20 | Registered: October 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oregon is controlled by the Portland Metro area which is heavily democrat. High tech limousine democrat employees. It's why Gauleiter Brown can keep the riots in Portland going with impunity.

You older foogies like me recall the term 'limousine democrat'? I recall it from the early 80's.

Now, California going red this time is possible. Trump lost in 2016 by what - 2 million votes? If Trump pulls 20+ percent of this hispanic american vote and 15+ percent of the black american vote, what out. He may also pull a lot of independents there this time?

Trump pulling a huge amount of the 'minority' vote this time, will be interesting to watch. He has what 40+ pct approval rating of Black Americans as of a week or 2 ago?

Also, the focus on more Democrats voting now, is meaningless in my view. No one can assume a democrat will vote democrat, or a republican vote Trump. I suspect a lot of democrats vote Trump this time.

President Reagan pulled in the Reagan Democrats twice. Trump may pull in Trump democrats this time - not as much as Reagan perhaps did, but...

If Minnesota goes red, and it may, it's over.

It may not have been over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor for the Democrats, but Minnesota - yes it will be over. Of course for us, nothing is over until we say it is over. Biden, toast, Harris Toast, Obama Toast, Hitlery Toast.......

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1688 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I followed this thread with great interest - but never really got involved because I'm not a US citizen.
However, I would like to wish my conservative friends in the US all the very best for another Trump win - what happens today in the US, will happen tomorrow in the rest of the world - so this means a lot to all those around the world who believe in free speech, individual liberties and small government.

Runnin' and gunnin' (slowly..)

Posts: 98 | Location: Malta | Registered: July 09, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
October Surprise: The Race is Over

November 2, 2020
October Surprise: This Race Is Over
By Jerry Cave and Bill Thomas
We now know -- thanks to October -- who will win on November 3. The reason we know is found in early voting data.

October voting is no longer the exclusive domain of the Democratic Party. Both parties vote early and in ever-increasing numbers. Which makes the October vote an early “action report” on the election outcome that’s more reality based than the polls or the mainstream media.

Who you vote for is a secret. When, where, and how many voters cast their ballots is not. It’s data. In this case, data in its most meaningful form: the number of early votes by registered Democrats and the number of early votes by registered Republicans.

Convincing the other party’s voters to vote for your candidate is a long shot. Getting your voters to turn out for your candidate is how elections are won. It’s called GOTV, for Get Out The Vote.

GOTV plus voter enthusiasm invariably equals winning results at the polls.

In the final weeks of the campaign, enthusiasm for Donald Trump, demonstrated at multiple daily rallies, has been far beyond what it was four years ago. Will enthusiasm help produce another winning voter turnout for Trump?

Spoiler alert: Data generated by early voting says “yes.”

To understand why history will likely repeat itself, it’s important to look at voter turnout in party strongholds, districts where support is expected to be high. The highest Democratic voting percentages are often in districts with large majorities of African-American voters. The black vote is a key component in the strategy of every Democratic election campaign, especially Joe Biden’s. Accordingly, black turnout provides the best way to measure enthusiasm for the Democratic Party’s candidate and ultimately to project a winner.

Take North Carolina. In 2012, black voter turnout for Barack Obama was understandably high. Black voters made up 27 percent of North Carolina’s total number of voters that year. In 2016, Hillary Clinton’s turnout among blacks in the Tar Heel state dropped to 22 percent. This year, with Biden running, North Carolina’s black turnout for early voting is 19.5 percent.

Then there’s this: the black vote that is coming out is not all coming out for the Democrat.

A poll by the University of New Orleans of likely Louisiana voters reported that 28 percent of blacks preferred Donald Trump. That’s driven largely by black men, among whom Trump's 43 percent edges Biden's 42 percent.

A Rasmussen national survey, reflecting the same trend, shows Trump's approval among likely black voters at 46 percent. Approval does not translate directly into votes, but there is too much action -- in the form of early turnout -- behind that number to dismiss it.

In 2016, Trump asked African-Americans what they had to lose by backing him instead of his Hillary Clinton. Apparently, now they know. Under Trump, blacks saw record employment, the creation of economic opportunity zones, increased funding for black colleges, and the lowest incarceration rate for blacks since 1995.

If the most reliable Democratic voting bloc loses its enthusiasm for Biden, his chances in the South and elsewhere disappear.

Florida shows how that looks. Sunshine State Republicans outperformed expectations in early voting. Democrats are ahead in mail-in ballots, but not by the numbers needed to beat the GOP on Election Day when Republicans traditionally come out to vote in droves.

Rasmussen’s Daily tracking poll found that by the end of October over 31 percent of black Florida voters said they would vote for Trump.

Trump broke through the Democrat’s Blue Wall defense in 2016, and now he looks like a serious threat to their Black Wall in 2020. Trump is still going to lose the black vote. He’s just going to lose it by less.

The question, again, is how many early-voting Democrats actually voted Democratic. Trump won with backing from Democrats in 2016. Why would they abandon him now?

Donald Trump has "overwhelming support among Republicans," says Pew Reports. Biden's support from fellow Democrats stems largely from their dislike of Trump more than an affinity for Joe. And Biden can't attract a crowd much larger than his Secret Service detail. That’s certainly not true of Trump.

In fact, there’s no better source of actionable data than a Trump rally, because everyone who wants to attend has to provide contact information to get a free ticket. The campaign then uses this data to turn every event into a force-multiplier. First, each rally reaches millions of voters live at the venue, on cable TV, and on YouTube. Then millions more engage on Facebook and Twitter.

After the rally, a campaign team targets those who attended with digital ads that recipients can retarget to their contacts as look-alike campaigns on social media.

The party also mines the same data for useful insights and information it can convert into turnout. Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel noted that 45 percent of the attendees at an October New Hampshire rally were not registered Republicans and 20 percent did not vote in 2016.

Who would wait in line for hours to see a Trump rally in October and then not vote for Trump in November? It’s easy to predict there will be many new Trump voters this year in more states than just New Hampshire.

In modern times very few vice-presidents or serial losers in primaries succeed in winning the White House. Joe Biden has both of those things going against him. And that’s before factoring in China/Burismagate allegations directed at him and his family, Barack Obama’s low-impact performance on the campaign trail and the anti-police riots in Philadelphia, all of which will help Trump.

Finally, there’s the matter of polling. Most polls are commissioned by media organizations that are openly hostile to Trump. Why should anyone believe them now making basically the same anti-Trump predictions that were completely wrong in 2016?

One polling company, though, stands out. The Trafalgar Group accurately predicted Trump would win Michigan and Pennsylvania in 2016. Now Trafalgar forecasts Trump will take Florida, Michigan, and Arizona.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer could be more disappointed than Joe Biden on election night. Trafalgar has African-American GOP Senate candidate John James slightly ahead in Michigan. Trump may drag Sen. Martha McSally over the finish line in Arizona, and Alabama will return its Senate seat to the GOP.

It’s also hard to see how a cresting wave of Trump enthusiasm won’t create a GOTV result that keeps Colorado Republican Sen. Cory Gardner in his job.

The bottom line is simple math. When you add the electoral votes from reliably red states to any breach in the Blue Wall, Trump wins again, possibly even bigger than he did last time.

That may not be the October surprise you expected, but then that's why they call it... a surprise.

Jerry Cave is the president of Cave Communications and has written for a number of publications, including The Atlantic where his 2016 article The Shock Jock Candidate, predicted Donald Trump's presidential victory six months in advance.

Bill Thomas is the author of Club Fed: Power, Money, Sex and Violence on Capitol Hill and other books. He has written for Vanity Fair, The New York Times Magazine and many other publications. He is also a former editor and writer with The Economist Group.

Posts: 23812 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ClivefromtheMed:
I followed this thread with great interest - but never really got involved because I'm not a US citizen.
However, I would like to wish my conservative friends in the US all the very best for another Trump win - what happens today in the US, will happen tomorrow in the rest of the world - so this means a lot to all those around the world who believe in free speech, individual liberties and small government.

Thank you. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44134 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Sadly I never made it to the Reading, PA Trump rally on Saturday morning. The event officially began at 8 AM with the shuttle buses to the airport, I was not able to leave my house due to family duties until 11, I knew I’d be cutting it too close.

Then a guy I used to work with posted this picture on Facebook, taken about 8:30 AM, I knew I’d have to bail because I wouldn’t even get into this arriving at 11:30:

Keep in mind the rally wasn’t even supposed to START until 2:30 PM! Eek

It’s my understanding there were about 25,000 people there, and at the later rally at Butler, PA there were over 58,000 people! Insane!

We are going to win Pennsylvania and win this thing!

Posts: 34165 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:

Now, California going red this time is possible. Trump lost in 2016 by what - 2 million votes? If Trump pulls 20+ percent of this hispanic american vote and 15+ percent of the black american vote, what out. He may also pull a lot of independents there this time?

Trump pulling a huge amount of the 'minority' vote this time, will be interesting to watch. He has what 40+ pct approval rating of Black Americans as of a week or 2 ago?

This is what I'm hoping/praying for. The leftists would lose their freaking MINDS if President Trump were to carry Cali. The melt-downs would be epic (and as entertaining as that will be, it will also be incredibly destructive with all the rioting/looting/etc). I just want those 55 electoral votes.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21867 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
The leftists would lose their freaking MINDS if President Trump were to carry Cali.

I'm seeing from multiple sources and places there there may be a few shockers tomorrow, like New York, Virginia or California going RED for the first time in YEARS. Maybe all of them!

It's my understanding that there are large swaths of New York state and NYC that despise Cuomo and DeBlasio SO MUCH for destroying the state and the city of NY with their absolutely ham-handed handling of this pandemic that they are going to VOTE FOR TRUMP out of SHEER SPITE for them.

I think we are going to see a meltdown like this country has never seen, from the Left tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. Lock and load and keep your families and properties safe!

Posts: 34165 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Trump may not carry blue states like Cali or NY but he is guaranteed to pull many more votes than in 2016. I believe he will carry both the electorate and the popular vote, and the extra votes from blue states will give him the few votes that Clunton edged him out in 2016. That alone will be enough to make the leftist trash lose their minds.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15717 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Reasons to vote Blue this November

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Trump may not carry blue states like Cali or NY but he is guaranteed to pull many more votes than in 2016. I believe he will carry both the electorate and the popular vote, and the extra votes from blue states will give him the few votes that Clunton edged him out in 2016. That alone will be enough to make the leftist trash lose their minds.

Trump could conceivably get the electoral college votes from some blue states anyway. If any of the states that signed on to the National Popular Vote Interstate compact actually live up to their commitments (they are lefties so unlikely).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...e_Interstate_Compact

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1499 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m closing tomorrow night. Thinking maybe I should throw some extra hardware in the truck.

Posts: 13784 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know if he'll win this state
(Ca) but the interstate and overpasses were full of people with Trump flags yesterday

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10367 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
quote:

Trump could conceivably get the electoral college votes from some blue states anyway. If any of the states that signed on to the National Popular Vote Interstate compact actually live up to their commitments (they are lefties so unlikely).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...e_Interstate_Compact

Yeah, and that’ll be the end of that shitty-ass “Interstate Vote Compact” idea PERMENANTLY!!!!

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2747 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BREAKING: Trump Releases Urgent Statement On Democrat Plans To Delegitimize Election Day Results

Democrats are panicking because Joe Biden has not run up a large enough lead in early votes in battleground states and they know that President Trump's in-person votes on Election Day will make up the difference and propel him to victory. Biden's political operatives have already been distributing talking points and research to delegitimize Election Day results by coaching surrogates to refer to the President's Election Day success as a 'Red Mirage.'

The operatives are advising surrogates and media to create a smoke screen by casting blame all around - imagining postal delays or falsely claiming that mail-in ballots that have simply not been returned should be considered legitimate votes that need to be counted.

None of this will be true, but it will be held up as proof that President Trump's victory is a so called 'Red Mirage'. No one should fall for it.

"We are aware that Democrats have already cut television ads they are prepared to deploy to further cement the 'Red Mirage' misinformation, seeking to convince people that all Joe Biden would need for victory is more time, extending well beyond Election Day. At the same time, we fully anticipate that Democrats will be in court arguing to extend deadlines for accepting and counting votes mailed and received well past deadlines enacted by individual state laws. Americans should remember that Biden has assembled a massive team of lawyers who will try to loosen election integrity so they can steal this election, and also recall that Hillary Clinton advised Biden not to concede defeat under any circumstances'

The last gasp of the Biden campaign will be ugly and it will be ruthless.

What actually has happened is that Democrats fielded a candidate in Joe Biden who excites virtually no one, and his potential voters are not motivated to go to the polls in person. Democrats also made the mistake of spending months frightening their supporters away from voting in person because of the coronavirus, and now they’ve realized that their early vote lead will not be enough. Biden’s campaign also committed the political sin of failing to build a ground game or field operation and now they are paying the price with their inability to turn out supporters,

Biden knows that the votes he already has in the bank through early voting are from supporters they already had, so he has cannibalized his own Election Day turnout. Because of this Biden predicament, we are on guard for Democrats to attempt to subvert state deadlines for receiving and counting ballots and we will fight to make sure they adhere to the law. President Trump wants every eligible voter to be able to vote, vote once, and have it counted.

LINK

Posts: 2268 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I know that we don’t like polls, but still this is encouraging.

And in the end, I’d bet that Minnesota flips too. I don’t know about VA, as they are too heavily infested with Dems/Libs/Leftists around WashDC.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2747 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’d bet that Minnesota flips too.

^^^ It doesn't even matter. I have by doubts about Minnesota and Nevada... but they are just icing on the cake.

"Trump Has Torn the Mask Off the Liberal Media”, that gives hope against these vile and godless socialist forces with its stating:

In a real sense, the president has defeated the media.

No matter what the outcome of this election, the media will never again be able to convince the public that it is objective.

Everyone—not only conservatives—now knows where it stands.

That is the real reason the media hates Trump with a blazing, white-hot intensity.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24336 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
Biden's political operatives have already been distributing talking points and research to delegitimize Election Day results by coaching surrogates to refer to the President's Election Day success as a 'Red Mirage.'

The operatives are advising surrogates and media to create a smoke screen by casting blame all around - imagining postal delays or falsely claiming that mail-in ballots that have simply not been returned should be considered legitimate votes that need to be counted.

None of this will be true, but it will be held up as proof that President Trump's victory is a so called 'Red Mirage'. No one should fall for it.

se·di·tion

/səˈdiSH(ə)n/

noun: sedition; plural noun: seditions

conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21867 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post