SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
96 Miles....Yes, you read that correctly, 96 Miles in AZ!

https://twitter.com/redwins3_f.../1322699901747236867

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SDY, first thank you for all your internet wizardry in finding things and sharing them with us in ways that I know take a lot of time. You're practically the Gandolf of SF.

And that's what I'm talking about! 96 miles of regular people showing support to the greatest President in my lifetime!

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
No matter what happens, I look forward to the day that I stop getting 30 e-mails and texts a day from the Trump reelection campaign.

I suppose it will start up again in 2 years when Don Jr. starts his campaign.

Strangely, I don't hear much about Ohio. How's our guy doing in Ohio? I believe it's been said that "As goes Ohio, so goes the nation."

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
No matter what happens, I look forward to the day that I stop getting 30 e-mails and texts a day from the Trump reelection campaign.

Strangely, I don't hear much about Ohio. How's our guy doing in Ohio? I believe it's been said that "As goes Ohio, so goes the nation."

Tony.

You can usually unsubscribe from the emails.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FlyingScot:
Pretty fair analysis of what is wrong with projections and trying to insert some objectivity into the electoral college on Nov. 4th. That and a $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee Wink

Projections

I hope he’s wrong. I hope President Trump not only crushes Joe and the Ho in the electoral college with more than 300 delegates, but that he trounces them in the popular vote too. I’ve been amazed by the seemingly spontaneous Trump rally/parades it seems like every weekend in Coastal Commiefornia. Who knows what is actually going to happen, certainly not any of us mortals, but I am cautiously optimistic. As with many things, time will tell.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:

Tony.

I've done that at least twice.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5402 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Benny, I live in small town/rural Ohio and if the signs are any indication it's Trump in a landslide out here but I can't speak to the urban populations. And those are the "problem" areas everywhere.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tony.
Only 30? Counting all the Senate races, I must get at least 100/day.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Only 30? Counting all the Senate races, I must get at least 100/day.

Same here. I wonder if there is a limit to the blocked numbers on a iPhone? Cause I have a lot! I especially hate when they come in after 8PM. Annoying. I have my phone set to go "quiet" at 2030 but in those 30 minutes I must get a dozen texts...

My last donation was a few weeks ago on the Trump website where I also bought a Trump 2020 tumbler and a few "Veterans for Trump" pins.

And as I type this I get a text from Thom Tillis lol..

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
President Trump is in full attack mode today in Michigan

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I tried to donate $50 to Joni Ernst yesterday and they would not accept my visa p'mnt, with complete name & address, because I would not give them my mobile phone #. Sorry but there's no way that's going to happen.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Trump energizes and inspires people who have the impetus to "do".

Either folks have "can do" attitude or they do not. Trump simply excites what is there.

Now, on to four more rallies and four more years!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43886 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

I refuse to unsubscribe from that to which I did not subscribe. Period.

Email spam me: Get blocked. Permanently. Phone, voice or text, spam me: Get blocked. Permanently. And I don't mean permanently re-directed to the spam folder. I mean out-right blocked. As in undeliverable.

And here's how a Michigan U.S. Senate candidate I hope will win got his campaign blocked: He, or his campaign, shared or sold the email address I gave them with a slew of other conservative/right-wing/whatever campaigns. One-by-one, as they appeared, I blacklisted them. Finally, one day, I'd had enough and simply blocked the tagged email address I'd given the candidate. So now I get no updates from his campaign, including campaign donation requests, any more.

If I didn't need it for two-factor authentication for some sites: I'd seek to have text messaging shut off on my line entirely.

I'd like to thank spammers, scammers, the TelCos and mobile phone manufacturers, and the U.S. Government for succeeding in making text messaging every bit as annoying and worthless as email and telephones. Good job, assholes!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I know it's a pain but I understand what they (Trump team) is trying to do so I just delete.
When I donate I connect up directly (initiate) on their site.
MAGA

Posts: 22912 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I simply delete. It's a literal swipe of the finger.

Nowadays it's critical for campaigns to do this stuff. None would survive or be competitive otherwise. Also collecting voter data through emails and phone numbers is an invaluable tool.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
Was reading in the 'Opinions' section of the local Sunday paper this morning. A local Dem was all jazzed to get their ballot and vote against DJT as they disliked him so much, but now, with court packing, etc., is considering voting all Republican. I doubt they're alone.

Honestly, just looking at the two campaigns, how could they even be close? Seriously...you look at thousands upon thousands of people lining up for Trump, and you can barely get a couple hundred for Ol' Sleepy...

And as discussed before, the vast majority of conservatives do not talk about their political beliefs out of fear of retaliation at work, socially, etc.

I think prospect of shutting down the economy again was a pretty big influence to turn moderates towards Trump. Many are literally looking at betting their business/house/etc. on this election. Are you willing give up your house because you dislike a candidate? Many proclaimed D's will quietly probably vote against bankruptcy. Virtue signaling doesn't pay the bills.

$.02 worth.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
only three - today is the start of the fourth...

by my reckoning the 4th year started Jan 21, 2020.
Year one started with swearing in Jan 20, 2017.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
Everything about this election looks like 2016 all over again to me.

Dems put out a terrible, unlikable candidate.
Trump outworks them 10 to 1.

The media and pollsters all say the Dem candidate is winning easily.

But Trump is the one drawing thousands to his rallies and has people excited to vote for him.
Like I've never seen before. It's unbelievable.

Trump wins again. That's my prediction.
By a landslide.

MAGA 2020

Posts: 1782 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The polls have shown Biden in the lead all summer in order to depress the Trump supporters. The polls are still showing Biden in the lead to set the stage for the narrative of "Trump stole the election with Russia" come Wednesday morning. This gives them free reign to riot and burn shit down because "democracy". If the left keeps the house expect a new impeachment because "muh russians". Expect the DOJ/FBI to assist. But in his second term expect Trump to not give a shit.

The left can burn every lefty city to the ground and I won't give a rats ass. Not a bit. If the Empire State Building is a pile of rubble Wednesday morning with an Antifa flag on top I'll just chuckle. No bailouts. Enjoy living in Berlin circa 1945.

Commie gonna commie and they can burn down commie cities all day and I'll just smile.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've never seen such enthusiastic grassroots support for a candidate as I have for Donald Trump.

Trump makes you know Americas best days are still ahead of us and we can achieve greatness if we try.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post