SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 957
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Trump tweets he’s overturning new Navy SEAL gender-neutral ethos; calls it ‘ridiculous’

How the hell could this nonsense even get started anyway?
How could anyone in his command think this would be acceptable?
Confused

Posts: 23017 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was only a matter of time before POTUS contracted the virus, unless you're the CEO of that company in Ex Machina, completely isolated and reclusive, the nature of the job requires you to interact with a very broad number of people. The gleeful irony that people are expressing on social feeds continues to expose them and their thoughts, at what point does a reminder get dropped that Mike Pence is VP.

As for the SEAL ethos....its BS. There should never have been 'a SEAL ethos' in the first place had Navy leadership recognized the original problems within their own SOF community. Instead of actually fixing the problems, they draft up and make new members memorize this canned and polished disposition of character. Now, some 10-odd years later, some wise-guy at command, thinks its a good idea to play around with pronouns; can't make this shit up. Navy leadership from ship drivers, and SEALs, to pilots and Pentagon warriors, there's problems within the sea service. The fact that POTUS is getting involved is showing how much spotlight NAVSOF has and their own leadership is not recognizing this.

Posts: 14777 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
Trump tweets he’s overturning new Navy SEAL gender-neutral ethos; calls it ‘ridiculous’

How the hell could this nonsense even get started anyway?
How could anyone in his command think this would be acceptable?
Confused

People outside SOF do not realize how thoroughly penetrated SOCOM senior leadership is with woke bullshit. They are 100% leading the wrong direction and went all-in with this crap during the Obama years. The only fix would be mass firings and promoting battle hardened O-4/5s direct to O-6/7/8.

Posts: 2418 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

...For instance, note the glee some "celebrities" are displayimg at this news. Everyone can see their hate and pettiness. Also, everyone will see President Trump's condition as he recovers quickly.

Similar thoughts...waiting for the haters to try and dance with that one...the target of their vile smears and disdain tested positive. Every one of their celebrations of this news only affirms what we already know about the extreme leftists. But I'm sure they'll pray for him everyday. Riiiiggghhhhtttt... Roll Eyes

Many moderates won't be amused by those wishing actual viral sickness on someone, even Trump.

It will probably be the most thorough case study on the planet.

It might put a minor temporary dent in his campaigning...but DJT could stop campaigning right now and still have done 1000% more than ol' Sleepy ever will.

$.02

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Don't think for a moment that any of this is some kind of "Theater". That is just silly. Trump is a tough dude. He will fight thru this and be back on the campaign trail well before the election.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5078 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Communists wish death on US President".

Boy I'm shocked....

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
"Communists wish death on US President".

Boy I'm shocked....

Not just commies

Zara Rahim, former Hillary Clinton spox, tweets 'I hope he dies' after Trump COVID-19 diagnosis - Washington Times

https://m.washingtontimes.com/...&bt_ts=1601657895116

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1491 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
"Moral identity" ? ? ?

Please Roll Eyes

The bitch has no morals.

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Actually, this may very well be a blessing in disguise. For instance, note the glee some "celebrities" are displayimg at this news. Everyone can see their hate and pettiness.

I spent 51 years on this rock and learned many things in that time. One key learning is that the people that profess to be those that you should listen to for their enlightenment and guidance are often vile and disgusting behind their facade. This is just another prime example.

This extends way beyond celebrities. I see so many people spewing hate, venom, ill will, and even wishes for death on a man they've never met, and likely has caused no personal harm to them.

It really let's the true character of an individual shine.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38050 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
^^Keep showing the world your true colors...

Maybe you can find a baby seal to go club later too...

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not just commies

Zara Rahim, former Hillary Clinton spox, tweets 'I hope he dies' after Trump COVID-19 diagnosis - Washington Times

https://m.washingtontimes.com/...&bt_ts=1601657895116

Everyone on the left is a communist who wants to overthrow the US government. I totally expect this from them and it does not bother me at all. I don't expect my enemies to wish me well.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These people are mentally deranged. Wishing death on a man whose only "crime" was beating the pantsuit off of a corrupt clinton.

A pox on them all.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:

I spent 51 years on this rock and learned many things in that time. One key learning is that the people that profess to be those that you should listen to for their enlightenment and guidance are often vile and disgusting behind their facade. This is just another prime example.

This extends way beyond celebrities. I see so many people spewing hate, venom, ill will, and even wishes for death on a man they've never met, and likely has caused no personal harm to them.

It really let's the true character of an individual shine.

I've never had so many people so concerned about my well-being (wear a mask!) who at the same time wish me death.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Shame that it's come to all this, but it's a volatile election, Trump brings out the best and worst in people, he's not centric.... So the vile isn't surprising in the leasts.

I'd expect Biden advertisements, showing Trump sans Mask, in front of crowds with a tag line that he cares more about himself than his supporters, not wearing a mask, he didn't trust science, blah blah blah...

We have tickets to tonight's cancelled Trump event in Sanford, fully expected to be watching him on stage this evening, even the weather has cooperated...

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
Gee-wizz, I thought you could just substitute "They" and be done. This is so confusing! Big Grin

"They" is a racist term.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1368 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If there is a bright spot in the Pres. and Melania testing positive, perhaps the White House Doctor(s) are making both of them take a break and getting some much needed rest and recuperation. Trump is no "spring chicken", but he is a dynamo that goes non-stop. Maybe a bit of rest will be good for both of them, and then they can come out swinging for the last 2 weeks before the election.

Trump was due to speak in Tucson, Az. on Monday, and I was really looking forward to it, but it has been cancelled.....as expected.

Be well Mr. President and Melania, you are in the thoughts and prayers of millions of people!!

Posts: 6644 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be a good time to donate to the President tonight.

Trump To Hold Virtual Campaign Rally Friday Despite COVID-19 Diagnosis

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...e-covid-19-diagnosis

After missing both of the two presidential events he had scheduled for Friday (VP Mike Pence filled in on both occasions), President Trump will reportedly hold a virtual campaign rally on Friday night to show America that he's still "in charge" despite embarking on a 14-day quarantine with First Lady Melania Trump.

The news was first reported by FOX35 Orlando, which added that the decision was made after Trump's planned rally in Sanford was cancelled a couple of hours ago by Trump's campaign manager, Bill Stepien. Stepien has suspended all events involving Trump and his family members.

Posts: 12824 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
He's getting it...hopefully his 5M+ followers on SM are listening..

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu891ojJWUE

A real life Sisyphus...
It's never simple/easy.

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
The true colors of so many have been coming out over the last few years and months. Anyone that would wish death without a care at all are in the same mold as Beria, Himmler, Stalin, etc. Completely amoral and in my humble opinion evil. Now imagine these people in charge. When we carry, we accept that we may have to take a life - and we take that seriously and with regret. We are not callous. But then again, we have morals and ethics that are sorely lacking in the left.

Best wishes to Trump FLOTUS and his family.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
our favorite film maker Michael Moore has slithered out of his barrel of toxic waste postulating that the positive testing is a hoax to try to garner sympathy

Big Grin

I don't think he needs sympathy...he needs a bit of a rest Big Grin

Moore needs to crawl back into his container and seal the lid

Posts: 53364 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post