SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 932
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Report: Pennsylvania Union Bosses Struggling to Convince Members to Vote Against Donald Trump

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...gainst-donald-trump/

Union bosses in the swing state of Pennsylvania admit they are struggling to convince their rank-and-file members to vote against President Donald Trump in the upcoming presidential election.

As Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden visited Pennsylvania this week, local reports indicate union bosses are having a difficult time convincing their members to vote against Trump this election cycle.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports:

Union officials conceded they are concerned about whether the rank-and-file will honor those endorsements.

Likewise, union officials are asking members to put their employment ahead of other concerns they may have about the Biden-Harris ticket and fears they might support limits on gun rights.

“Like Trump said (Tuesday) night: The president has done more for America in 47 months than Biden has in 47 years,” said [Rep. Guy] Reschenthaler [R-PA], who represents Pennsylvania’s 14th Congressional District spanning Fayette, Greene, and Washington counties and parts of Westmoreland County. “At the end of the day, the rank-and-file workers will still overwhelmingly vote for President Trump.”

Biden, for years, has claimed to support the interest of America’s union workers. His record, dating back to the 1990s, has consistently been at odds with those interests, however.

In 1993 and the early 2000s, Biden vowed support for the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), China’s entering the World Trade Organization (WTO), and normalizing United States trade relations with China. The measures resulted in the U.S. losing five million manufacturing jobs and at least 50,000 manufacturing plants, destabilizing communities and putting downward pressure on wages.

Biden, as vice president, also lobbied for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) free trade agreement which would have forced American workers to compete for jobs against workers in Vietnam and Malaysia who are paid cents for an hour’s worth of work.

In a recent interview with the New York Times, Biden’s senior economic adviser said he is focused on implementing a “new approach to globalization” of the U.S. economy.

Wall Street’s giant donations to Biden this election cycle may also be a red flag for union workers. The latest CNN analysis admitted that “all the big banks” are backing Biden’s candidacy against Trump, largely because of their opposition to the president’s tariffs on China and tightening of the labor market to force up wages for American workers.

In 2016, Trump won Pennsylvania by fewer than 45,000 votes.

Posts: 12766 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I cannot imagine any union member caring at all about their leadership's endorsements or thinking that Biden will be better for their jobs.

Posts: 3572 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The ony way someone knows who you vote for is for you to tell them.

Posts: 107822 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next unbiased debate moderator Roll Eyes

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...he-wont-allow-format

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What they're trying to do is to get President Trump to refuse any further debates and I think that's what he should do. The leftists think this is a victory for them but the reality is that debates or no, Donald Trump is on his way to a landslide victory.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh. Now they are going after the first lady with "secret" recordings taken out of context. These people are scum. Absolute scum. Totally out of context and this won't matter at all past them being evil.

quote:
Matt McDermott
@mattmfm
·
22m
Oh my — CNN just aired a recording of Melania Trump caught on tape saying “Give me a f.... break” in response to questions about children separated from their parents at the border.

https://twitter.com/mattmfm/st...14724161537%3Fs%3D20

Laura Ingram is talking about how we need to be ready for the slander and smears that are coming. True.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What does it do to Trump’s campaigning with the news that Jared Kushner’s aide (Hope Hicks) has been reported to have tested positive for Covid-19.

Was she part of the group that went to the debate? They are reporting on the internet that she tested positive today. Does everyone in Donald’s travel team have to quarantine for 14 days? Does the President? Eeesh?

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
What does it do to Trump’s campaigning with the news that Jared Kushner’s aide (Hope Hicks) has been reported to have tested positive for Covid-19.
As of this afternoon she was completely asymptomatic (like the majority of people under 50 who test positive). This is a huge nothing burger, just like most of the 'news' about the WuFlu reported by the media.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Look at this horseshit out of Colorado.

Secretary of State Jena Griswold called for journalists to withhold vote totals because Pres. Trump may declare victory prematurely, as mail-in ballots are tallied.

Colorado SOS asks media not to report results on election night

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5763 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They know Trump is going to win. They are just trying to sew discord,chaos, and illegitimacy into his second term. They are plotting just like they did with the Russia collusion bs.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was she part of the group that went to the debate? They are reporting on the internet that she tested positive today. Does everyone in Donald’s travel team have to quarantine for 14 days? Does the President? Eeesh?

Yes, Hicks was on Air Force One during the debate, and the day after.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16744 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Lots of things to unpack here. Trump having/not having the virus will swing the election. He can win either way.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's not going to have any effect on the election.

posted Hide Post
Reports are breaking that both the President and First Lady have tested positive for Covid 19.

Posts: 797 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
You’re right of course. I was thinking of the ham-handed way the Democrats would try to exploit it. Seeing as they feel COVID is the only card they have left to play.

In the final calculus? I’m thinking the EC map will be close to 1984. The RNC’s ground game has been really strong.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reports are breaking that both the President and First Lady have tested positive for Covid 19.

This was inevitable. Everyone is going to be infected. The vast majority will create antibodies and move on. Masks only delay it. There is no prevention but herd immunity.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29745 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
The American people need you Mr. President.

Kick the Coronas ass and then finish off sleepy joe!

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Praying for him and hope others do as well. He will be fine and maybe this will take the fear out of things a bit.

We'll hear the idots laughing at him about not wearing a mask for a few days and then he'll be back with a vengeance.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My prayers for a fast, complete recovery.

Posts: 4646 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Lord God please bless and protect our President and First Lady.

Long may he live. Long may he preside.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post