SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Some appreciation for the ass-kicking that Press Secretary McEnany delivers to the WH Press Corps every day:

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
The RNC needs to move their convention ASAP.

"Democratic North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper stood his ground against President Donald Trump in a Friday letter addressing Republican plans to host the party convention in the state.

Trump has threatened to move the Republican National Convention to another state if Cooper does not relax his state’s lockdown to allow for full attendance. Cooper’s administration responded in a Friday letter saying the state would not allow the RNC to move forward without distancing measures in place. "
https://dailycaller.com/2020/0...ntion/#disqus_thread

The convention start date is three months from now. And this leftist asshole is going to extend this farce in his state to spite Trump.
Trump should call his bluff and move it.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
What requires the convention to be in NC to begin with?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

Nothing.

3 months from now that asshole governor is still calling for this people distancing horseshit? It's either retardation or it's deliberate. It's ridiculous either way.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Nothing.

3 months from now that asshole governor is still calling for this people distancing horseshit? It's either retardation or it's deliberate. It's ridiculous either way.

Is he some relation to our "blackface" governor?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's either retardation or it's deliberate

You are right on both counts. Cooper is and always has been a retarded asshole. To my knowledge no one in authority is truly enforcing his silly crap and several Sheriffs have openly refused to enforce his ban on gatherings and other silly b.s.
Liberal population centers like Charlotte and Raleigh are what got him elected so let the GOP move it and cause them to lose that huge revenue they were expecting. They made tons from hosting the democraps earlier so serves them right if they lose it.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Maybe Trump could move the convention to Michigan, because the Governor here is so reasonable. Wink
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1683 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Last I heard it will end up in Atlanta because of NC’s idiot governor.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

From what I've read, the Republicans chose Charlotte NC because it was a battleground state in 2016 that barely went Trump. IMO, the RNC should move to a conservative city in a solid red state, given that the Dems will stop at nothing to disrupt the convention. After the convention, it will be approx. two months until the election. As we have seen so far in 2020, the commies have pulled out all stops.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16704 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Republicans chose Charlotte NC because it was a battleground state in 2016 that barely went Trump. IMO, the RNC should move to a conservative city in a solid red state, given that the Dems will stop at nothing to disrupt the convention.

Yeah... it was a nice idea.
But Charlotte is a blue city in a battleground state. I'm afraid you are right. The Dems will stop at nothing to disrupt the convention... the commies will continue to pull out all stops.

We are already in a 'civil war' for saving our Republic as founded. The commies want to tear it all down. It becomes less civil by the day.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Question...

Team Trump soliciting for donations often promotes a "match", the current one stating you donation will be matched 300%.

But from where does the match money come...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Politics aside, I can see Charlotte's business owners really hating on anyone who drives convention business away. That's a cash cow for them and probably sorely needed cash these days.

I worked the GOP convention in San Diego in '96 and it was like money was no object. I can't imagine how much money was pumped into the local economy and how badly it would be missed if they'd held it elsewhere.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm sure several places in Texas would be very happy to host the GOP Convention. (I'd suggest Fort Worth as the least Liberal of the big cities.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The location of the convention is as much politics as anything. It has to be in a battle ground state. It'd be a crazy waste to have it in "a conservative city in a solid red state".

Trump seems to be the smartest, most successful President since Ronald Reagan. If we give him 4 more years he'll surpass Reagans accomplishments.

I don't question or second guess Donald Trump. I just marvel at the skill and genius of his political moves.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
At one point when President Trump Was in Phoenix there was a chance it was going to move here. But nothing that past week - just the desire to get out of NC.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I’ve never been a fan of NDT - he’s just not a happy camper that the best job he had is running a museum.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
I’ve never been a fan of NDT
Who or what is that?

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
[Michael Palin] Yes, a bit of a loon, that one, eh? Eh? Eh? [/Michael Palin]

Posts: 107612 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Now this is interesting. Just heard that the governor has instituted a curfew from 8pm to 5am for the next 7 days.