SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 957
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Given that the POTUS is the most protected person in the planet, I wonder how a covid positive person got that close for that long.

This is from the “10-Point” news summary this morning from The Wall Street Journal:

“The president tweeted the news hours after confirmation that top adviser Hope Hicks, who traveled with him earlier this week, had tested positive.”

The people like advisers and the countless others that the President interacts with on a continuous basis don’t live in bubbles surrounded by protective agents who can prevent their exposure to other people’s diseases. A “top adviser” will have long and frequent contacts with him.

Unless he and the First Lady had taken stringent individual precautions to avoid being infected by all those people they interact with, their catching the disease was probably inevitable, just as it was for many other public figures.

On top of that, what drives me absolutely insane, is people thinking they will never get it. It's a global virus, we will ALL get it eventually. It's just how long you can delay the inevitable.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7100 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I'm going to laugh my ass off if he comes out says he took hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and some vitamins D&C and was fine by the following weekend.

+1
I hope and pray for a quick recovery.

The Missouri Governor had it and did a regular video address to let people see that he was doing OK and still "in charge". Trump should and probably will be doing video addresses throughout his quarantine period.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to laugh my ass off if he comes out says he took hydroxychloroquine, zinc, and some vitamins D&C and was fine by the following weekend.

Word... Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9058 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 8651 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The President and First Lady will be fine. Both are in excellent health, his stamina and energy are legendary. And they have the absolute best medical care on Planet Earth. And his campaign will be just fine.

Biden must be freaking out a bit, "...my God, I was 30 feet away from him!"

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
The Rageaholic view of the debate (Language NSFW or small children):

Chrissy Wallace was so battered, he literally cancelled via email at the LAST minute right before his weekly talk with Marc Cox here in St. Louis area. Apparently Chrissy is not doing any talk shows or call ins this week.

Posts: 3989 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
He's not the first world leaders to contract the virus.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38050 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I got this line from a British friend's email:

"As a British person looking in, I thought that Biden was a terrible moderator for the " Trump Wallace " debate."

Posts: 3989 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yet another distraction in the year which will never end.

Actually, this may very well be a blessing in disguise. For instance, note the glee some "celebrities" are displayimg at this news. Everyone can see their hate and pettiness. Also, everyone will see President Trump's condition as he recovers quickly.

As I've said more than a few times over the course of this global fiasco, having now been lied to by the "authorities" repeatedly over an extended period, I've come to the point where I doubt the existence of COVID-19 at all.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108081 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Check the date:

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In order for that to be correct, there would have to be a conspiracy. Is President Trump bribing his physicians and the lab technicians who provided the results from the sample taken from him, or are these health care workers lying without being compensated?

Such "predictions" have always been and shall remain nothing more than hot air, calculated to make the predictor appear far wiser than mere mortals such as the rest of us.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108081 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Pardon the conjecture.

Found it very interesting, considering all that is going on.

Additionally, it reminded me that he is playing chess with the enemy and is many, many moves ahead.

Nothing more than that, sir.

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Trump tweets he’s overturning new Navy SEAL gender-neutral ethos; calls it ‘ridiculous’

President Donald Trump on Thursday tweeted that he would reverse a Navy decision that changed the Navy SEAL ethos and Special Warface Combatant-craft Crewman (SWCC) creed to be gender neutral, after American Military News exclusively reported the changes Monday.

Trump tweeted, “I will be overturning this ridiculous order immediately!” linking to a tweet referencing the original American Military News story.

I will be overturning this ridiculous order immediately! https://t.co/sFIX5Y667v

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 1, 2020

The changes to the Navy SEAL Ethos removed terms like “man,” while the SWCC creed was similarly changed, with a reference to the elite Navy boat unit as a “brotherhood” being changed to a “group of maritime warriors.”

Naval Special Warfare spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Matthew Stroup confirmed the changes to the ethos and creed in an emailed statement to American Military News on Monday.

“Naval Special Warfare continues to deliberately develop a culture of tactical and ethical excellence that reflects the nation we represent, and that draws upon the talents of the all-volunteer force who meet the standards of qualification as a SEAL or SWCC,” Stroup said.

Stroup said the changes to the ethos and creed statements were made to comply with changes in law opening the potential for women to join the elite military units.

“The previous versions of the SEAL Ethos and SWCC Creed were written prior to the law allowing women to serve as operators in Naval Special Warfare. The changes do not in any way reflect lowering standards of entry, rather they ensure that all those who meet the requirements to train to become a SEAL or SWCC are represented in the ethos or creed they live out. This improves the posture of the NSW force by ensuring we draw from the greatest pool of talent available.

Stroup confirmed, “To date, no women completed the SEAL or SWCC qualification training pipelines.”

Former Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher first raised awareness of the changes in an Instagram post, sharing an image purporting to show a leaked memo describing the changes.

https://americanmilitarynews.c...17&mc_cid=03ef0413a1

Here is the memo Gallagher posted

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3800 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
The changes to the Navy SEAL Ethos removed terms like “man,” while the SWCC creed was similarly changed, with a reference to the elite Navy boat unit as a “brotherhood” being changed to a “group of maritime warriors.”

Well at least they weren't using the fake, woke pronouns "xe" or "ze" or whatever the hell the non-sense of the day is.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17494 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Gee-wizz, I thought you could just substitute "They" and be done. This is so confusing! Big Grin

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2415 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the boat and team guys would have just continued to do what they wanted to do in this regard.

Traditions are there for a reason and those reasons are more important than some pussy with rank getting his feelz hurt.

Glad the President stomped on this though.

Posts: 1611 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I recall hearing a prediction that Biden would pull the same thing prior to the election to avoid debates and other campaign dates.

Total tripe...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38050 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
VP Pence and wife test negative

Ivanka, Jared and Barron test negative

Judge Barrett tests negative

RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel tests positive

Sen Mike Lee (R) tests positive

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...egative-coronavirus/

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ositive-coronavirus/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Posts: 19657 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
Liberals are already saying he’s using it as an excuse to get out of future debates. If anything, Biden has really lucked out in that regard.

I’m surprised they haven’t been doing the debates remotely already. None of this crap should stop the debates.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17392 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
They're considering giving the moderator the ability to mute microphones. We all know how that's going to go.

I picture Garrett Morris appearing in the upper left corner picture in a picture, and repeating
President Trump's muted words loud enough for everyone in the world to hear what he has to say.

Makes me giggle.

Posts: 15950 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post