SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Imagine the conversation will be quite interesting.... to say the least...

https://x.com/realDonaldTrump/.../1835754983259558260

Posts: 24230 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I've heard nothing about a phone being taken into evidence.

"Law enforcement officials, according to the complaint, suspect the man wielding that weapon was 58-year-old Ryan Wesley Routh. Routh fled the scene and left behind his phone, his loaded SKS-style rifle with a scope and some food, according to the complaint." -WaPo

I would assume all the found items were seized together.

Thanks, kkina, I missed that. Still, after Butler, a lot of talk about Crook's phone, nothing so far about Routh's.

And fwiw, before Crooks was identified, I posted a picture from another site, showing the dead shooter's face on the roof. At that time, he was identified as Matthew Yearick --

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8543 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
One issue I haven’t seen much mention of is what actual crime(s) will this guy be charged with?

Firearms violations, yes, but what else? Will a Secret Service agent be able say that man pointed a gun at him and thereby committed some level of threat (as well as justifying the agent’s/agents’ evidently shooting without being shot at)? At this point and had the situation been even slightly different we might have expected that the man would be given a cigar and pat on the back as he was released from custody by some leftist judge.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
From UK Yahoo News, quoting The Telegraph and the Financial Times:

quote:
Long before he is thought to have trained his guns on Donald Trump, Ryan Routh tried to tout his warrior skills in Ukraine as a volunteer with the country’s International Legion.

The unit was created by Volodymyr Zelensky, the Ukrainian president, in a bid to recruit ex-Western soldiers to Kyiv’s defence, and drew thousands of applicants in the war’s opening months.

However, far from all were battle-hardened Paras or US Delta Force members. The Legion also attracted no end of Walter Mittys, fantasists and self-publicists.

Ukrainian military recruiters appear to have spotted almost immediately that Mr Routh, who had a long criminal record, was not promising material.

According to an interview that he later gave to the Financial Times, he was rejected for service when he first reported to a Legion office on the Polish border at the war’s outset.

“They said: ‘You’re 56, you’re old and you have no experience’,” he told the paper. “So why don’t you recruit and coordinate?”

If that is what they told him, they probably intended him doing so having returned himself safely back to the US. Undeterred, however, Mr Routh continued on to Kyiv, where he became a familiar – if less than welcome – face on the Legion’s fringes.

Ryan Routh at a rally in May 2022 demanding that China assist in extracting Ukrainian service members from the Azovstal iron and steel works in Mariupol
Ryan Routh at a rally in May 2022 demanding that China assist in extracting Ukrainian service members from the Azovstal iron and steel works in Mariupol - Valentyn Ogirenko/Reuters
There were many such cranks in Kyiv at the time, latching on to the war to pose as international men of action and boasting of high-level contacts in the Pentagon or CIA.

Regular Legionnaires did their best to avoid them, referring to them variously as “Call of Duty Warriors”, “Volun-tourists” and “Screamers” – the latter a reference to their reaction if coming under fire.

But there was little to stop them promoting themselves on social media, as Mr Routh did prolifically, claiming to be an active recruiter for the Legion ranks.

“Any gender, any age, any skill level to no skill level,” he claimed to Newsweek in 2022. “Yeah, if you wanna fight, come and see me and I’ll put you in a unit so you can go fight.”

Mr Routh, who claims to have had contacts in the Middle East, caused the Legion particular problems by attempting to recruit volunteer soldiers from Afghanistan and Syria, who would be unlikely to be admitted to Ukraine because of security concerns.

“He was never in Ukraine in any official capacity – he simply decided that he was going to come here and save the day himself,” a Ukrainian military source told The Telegraph. “I was in contact with him multiple times to request to him that he stop his activities, most of which were bizarre and alarming.”

One former Legion official told The Telegraph: “He was called out a number of times by Legion people and told to stop his shenanigans, but that didn’t seem to stop him. He was mostly quite eccentric. I could smell a mile away that he was full of s---.”

The military source added that because of the “chaos” during the first months of the invasion, it was easy for foreign self-publicists to make false claims that they were acting in an official capacity.

While Mr Routh probably had “good intentions”, he had also caused security problems for the Legion by posting details on his website of foreigners who had enlisted.

“He was trying to get involved in internal matters as well,” the source added. “He sent me messages saying: ‘Oh, guys in this unit are not happy.’ And I said: ‘Listen, they have a chain of command... there is a way to report things.’ I don’t think he was ever completely stable.”

Mr Routh also became a regular fixture in Kyiv’s Independence Square, where he erected his own makeshift memorial to the country’s war dead.

He would also hand out unofficial flyers offering $1,200 to anyone who took up arms against Russia. Eventually, his presence appears to have tested the patience of the Ukrainian authorities – who, according to the FT, ordered the memorial to be taken down.

The Legion is understood to have been at the point of requesting his removal from Ukraine altogether when he then left of his own accord.

Aware that Trump – not a noted champion of Kyiv in the war – might soon be back in the White House, Legion sources have stressed that they in no way approve of Mr Routh’s subsequent assassination plot. On said: “Disregarding political alignments, we would of course never condone this.”

That, however, may not be the only headache Mr Routh has left for Kyiv. According to the FT, after his makeshift memorial in Kyiv was taken down, he started a nearby Flags of the Fallen garden, where small paper flags are planted to remember Ukrainians who died in the war.

The flag garden is now home to thousands of flags and has become something of a landmark in Independence Square.

Much as the Kyiv authorities may not wish to remove it, they may not want to preserve something started by Trump’s would-be assassin, especially should Trump go to Kyiv next year as president.

Link

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Without bashing his protective detail too much you should remember that the reported shots fired came from his detail so they actually did their job.

That said, I’m pretty sure that the FBI communicated his itinerary to Routh in advance. The FBI ‘agent’ running this investigation hates Trump and his social media posts bear that out.

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Press conference in progress 4:10 PM Eastern

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Now Kamala will attempt to get the media attention back to her.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The Secret Service did their job and prevented an assassination.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
whats really going to be interesting is when the operating licenses of the mainstream media comes up for renewal and they have to justify how what they've been doing is in the public interest

Posts: 53785 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Here is something wild.

On August 30, a guy named Edward Heckman wrote a piece suggesting that the gunman in the first attempt on Trump's life was not Thomas Crooks but a guy named Matthew Yearick. In that article, the following sentence appears:

"Bank records of Thomas Crooks reveal a few unusual payments to two individuals, Ryan Routh and Peter Riddle."

Ryan Routh is the guy just arrested for the second attempt on Trump's life.

The article also states:

"Maxwell Yearick first gained attention fighting in Ukraine with the army against Russian-backed forces in 2023. After his success in Ukraine, the CIA recruied him for secret operations through one of their operative [sic] named Ryan Routh."

Say what you will about the conspiracy theories proposed in the article....but it is awfully odd that these names somehow got connected.

Link
Two random thoughts come to mind:

Is it possible that Thomas Crooks and Maxwell Yearick are the same person and one of these is an alias or former name.

Is it possible that the bit about Routh being recruited by the CIA was manufactured by Routh who seems to have taken some liberties in describing his “service” in Ukraine?

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan Routh authored a book.

Ukraine's Unwinnable War: The Fatal Flaw of Democracy, World Abandonment and the Global Citizen-Taiwan, Afghanistan, North Korea and the end of Humanity

https://www.amazon.com.br/Ukra...-ebook/dp/B0BX4W9XKT

More info here:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geop...ade-ukraine-what-did

Posts: 13068 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I don't think Yearick and Crooks are the same person. They look quite different.

As for Routh making up his CIA connection, who knows?

The interesting part for me is just seeing the two names connected 2 weeks before this latest assassination attempt.

quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Here is something wild.

On August 30, a guy named Edward Heckman wrote a piece suggesting that the gunman in the first attempt on Trump's life was not Thomas Crooks but a guy named Matthew Yearick. In that article, the following sentence appears:

"Bank records of Thomas Crooks reveal a few unusual payments to two individuals, Ryan Routh and Peter Riddle."

Ryan Routh is the guy just arrested for the second attempt on Trump's life.

The article also states:

"Maxwell Yearick first gained attention fighting in Ukraine with the army against Russian-backed forces in 2023. After his success in Ukraine, the CIA recruied him for secret operations through one of their operative [sic] named Ryan Routh."

Say what you will about the conspiracy theories proposed in the article....but it is awfully odd that these names somehow got connected.

Link
Two random thoughts come to mind:

Is it possible that Thomas Crooks and Maxwell Yearick are the same person and one of these is an alias or former name.

Is it possible that the bit about Routh being recruited by the CIA was manufactured by Routh who seems to have taken some liberties in describing his “service” in Ukraine?

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There is some shady shit going on up in Government. Can't wait to see if it all comes out in the wash.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
Two assassination attempts...

The US is turning into a banana republic.

Posts: 7799 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to remove anti Trump social media posts before he was promoted.

Concerns Arise About FBI Lead Agent in Miami Field Office Tasked with Investigating Second Trump Assassination Attempt

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...sassination-attempt/

Posts: 13068 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:

The left is weaponizing their crazies.

They are doing a fair imitation of Henry II when he asked, "Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?"

They may not have specifically ordered the attempted assassinations of President Trump, but they are encouraging and facilitating them.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Had to remove anti Trump social media posts before he was promoted.

Concerns Arise About FBI Lead Agent in Miami Field Office Tasked with Investigating Second Trump Assassination Attempt

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...sassination-attempt/

Yes and as we learned a couple of pages back, the local DA is anti-Trump too.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39224 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I believe when all is said and done, the stated motive by this loon will be the Russia/Ukraine conflict.

He's incredibly naive, it seems. He believes the Ukrainians to be innocent and purely good, and he sees the Russian as purely evil, a stark black and white conflict.

He doesn't get it. He does not understand that there are no good guys in that conflict, and he does not understand the conditions which led up to Russia's attack.

Guy strikes me as a raving lunatic. And he was probably grifting HARD on any donations sent to the organization he was running.

Posts: 14156 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope some agent or three doing their dead level best Joe Friday and Harry Gannon impersonations have reminded the POS that Guantanamo Bay is only an hour's flight away from West Palm Beach...He'll talk.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Fairfax Co. VA | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post