SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I read online that Routh was waiting there for 12 hours.

-c1steve

Posts: 4121 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I read online that Routh was waiting there for 12 hours.

They just stated that on Fox News as well.

Posts: 24230 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
If he went at night, no way you would see him and he could easily park and get in without being seen.

But how did he know Trump would go past that spot. There are 27 holes there so roughly only a 66 percent chance that trump would ever use that golf hole even if he went to play that day.

Of note is that this is about 1/4 mile from the main jail in palm beach, so there should be cops driving by this spot 24X7 at random times.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5178 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I have to wonder how long that crazy bastard was just sitting there in his little nest waiting for a chance opportunity.

It’s being reported he was in the position/hide for over 12hrs. I’m not sure if that makes it more of a calculated probability or if he was tipped off to be there. I trust nothing anymore.

Posts: 3025 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Trump literally has more combat time than Tim Walz.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34390 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Another question for those in the know about the subject’s actions.

1. He was tipped off following a last-minute schedule change by the President. He then scurried into position to be able to point his rifle in the direction that he knew his target would appear. (His controllers failed to advise him about any basic snipercraft and that’s why he made himself obvious with such a foolish move.)

2. He was tipped off 12 (or more) hours in advance and the controllers knew there would be a last-minute schedule change (that they probably arranged because they have full control over the President's life and activities) that would take the President to the course. (Again, though, there was that strange failure to equip and advise him to make his success more likely.)

Which was it: 1 or 2? Inquiring minds are eager to learn the truth.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Another question for those in the know about the subject’s actions.

1. He was tipped off following a last-minute schedule change by the President. He then scurried into position to be able to point his rifle in the direction that he knew his target would appear. (His controllers failed to advise him about any basic snipercraft and that’s why he made himself obvious with such a foolish move.)

2. He was tipped off 12 (or more) hours in advance and the controllers knew there would be a last-minute schedule change (that they probably arranged because they have full control over the President's life and activities) that would take the President to the course. (Again, though, there was that strange failure to equip and advise him to make his success more likely.)

Which was it: 1 or 2? Inquiring minds are eager to learn the truth.

3: Maybe he's a loonacrat, just took a chance and hid out the golf course and presumed Trump might be there at some point. It is Trumps course, he plays there every time he's in town, doesn't take a phi beta kappa to figure that out.

Posts: 24230 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Am I the only one who thought this was Gary Busey? Big Grin

Mr. Busey's attorney will be contacting you about his defamation lawsuit for that comment.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
DWS is Driving While Suspended.
Doh! Should have figured that one out. Thank you Sir for renting me a clue!

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shortly after the first assassination attempt, Biden announced he was dropping out. The timing, I believe, was calculated to draw the attention away from the attempt, and that it did.

This time around, there's nothing for the Dems to do to pull attention away from this attempt, and I'm certain they are furious.

Once again, increased sympathy comes Trumps way.

With regards to the Dems and the media blaming these attempts on Trump- there's no point in attempting to reason with people so dishonest and deluded.

Yesterday, the sheriff in WPB said Trump is not getting a full compliment of Secret Service protection because he's not the current president, but what he and others are missing is that Donald Trump is unique in the modern era. He is a former President who is once again seeking office, and there had already been one attempt on his life. It's because of these circumstances that Donald Trump deserves a full compliment of protection.

As to all the whackos on social media behaving as if they KNOW that this loon is a CIA operative- please. It is to laugh. Roll Eyes You think this was a professional job? Really?

Who knows how many times this nutjob waited in those bushes. It's not hard to predict that Trump would be on that golf course yesterday, no public statement needed.

But, all the kiddies need to play James Bond, so...

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
This time around, there's nothing for the Dems to do to pull attention away from this attempt, and I'm certain they are furious.

KK can do another solo interview, or better yet, do a presser. Oh wait...

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
3: Maybe he's a loonacrat, just took a chance and hid out the golf course and presumed Trump might be there at some point.

Oh, no: How could something like that be true? That does not fit any narratives (not to mention fantasies). Roll Eyes

Although I admit fantasies are fun and often profitable. Someone will probably write a fictional account based on the incident that fills in all the gaps and makes the author a ton of money. It has happened many times before.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Have Keyboard - Will Conspiracy

Q

Posts: 27511 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
They are showing the golf course layout and his position on FOX.

Guy was positioned by the #6 green, the distance from his position to the green was extremely close as the green/hole borders the fence.

USSS spotted him while Trump was on the 5th hole, so likely that USSS was working the area in front of Trump to clear the area for play and found Mr. Looney Pants by the fence.

This explains why he was engaged and shot from a longer distance, he was hiding a very short distance from where Trump would have been standing had the USSS not found him and a very likely easy shot position.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I believe when all is said and done, the stated motive by this loon will be the Russia/Ukraine conflict.

He's incredibly naive, it seems. He believes the Ukrainians to be innocent and purely good, and he sees the Russian as purely evil, a stark black and white conflict.

He doesn't get it. He does not understand that there are no good guys in that conflict, and he does not understand the conditions which led up to Russia's attack.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Curious to know the thinking behind the questions, and which I admit are valid ones.
This is a very interesting question as well.

Trying to wrap one’s mind around what is going on with the Secret Service protection of President Trump and the assassination attempts while keeping an open mind is tough. Para’s video in the “Why Intelligent People Believe Stupid Things” thread may be of some help.

If one believes that the Democrats are cheating communist scum that will stop at nothing to destroy our country, that they have managed to weaponize and politicize the federal government, that they are inherently and explicitly evil, well it isn’t hard to believe the somewhat far fetched claim that someone in PDJT’s security apparatus set him up.

On the other hand there is a quote which I don’t remember exactly and will likely horribly mangle that goes something like, “Once is an accident, twice may be a coincidence, but thrice is definitely enemy action.”

I suspect that we will likely never know, but I am happy to see the State of Florida running their own independent investigation. They may force the Fumbling Bumbling Incompetents to do an honest investigation, or they may simply reach the same conclusion and provide some further evidence that the FBI did actually do an honest and accurate investigation. It really can’t hurt either way.

Here’s hoping that November 5th comes quickly, that President Trump remains healthy, that he prevails then, and that we can get beyond the divisiveness and work together to make every American’s life better.

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I've heard nothing about a phone being taken into evidence.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8543 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Here is something wild.

On August 30, a guy named Edward Heckman wrote a piece suggesting that the gunman in the first attempt on Trump's life was not Thomas Crooks but a guy named Matthew Yearick. In that article, the following sentence appears:

"Bank records of Thomas Crooks reveal a few unusual payments to two individuals, Ryan Routh and Peter Riddle."

Ryan Routh is the guy just arrested for the second attempt on Trump's life.

The article also states:

"Maxwell Yearick first gained attention fighting in Ukraine with the army against Russian-backed forces in 2023. After his success in Ukraine, the CIA recruied him for secret operations through one of their operative [sic] named Ryan Routh."

Say what you will about the conspiracy theories proposed in the article....but it is awfully odd that these names somehow got connected.

Link

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Close enough to what I remember about Ian Fleming’s quotation:
“Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action.”

We are only at “twice,” but the specifics of the action can make a big difference.
Base on my long and—to the extent possible—detailed study of active killer events here and abroad has led me to firmly conclude (my bias?) that actors in the incidents are largely copycats who follow the prior examples of others. In fact, I have yet to learn of any incidents in which the killers were acting in concert with or at the direction of remote controllers of any sort.

Although it’s one of the best known incidents, the actions of the murderers at Columbine High School did not fit the common pattern of subsequent events. It demonstrated that evil and mentally diseased people could gain attention and therefore the evolutionary advantageous influence over the rest of us by doing something similar. What the intense coverage at the time of that incident did not do was to focus on the weapons the killers used. Later, however, the BS media and other news sources started obsessing about the guns in other incidents and specifically about AR-15 style rifles. The consequence?

The killer at Stockton, California, used an AK-type gun and that did result in some focus on that type of gun, but nothing like what has happened since. It wasn’t well received by everyone, but I once told a response to active killer class that it was the intense media coverage of weapons that had made the AR a common weapon of choice for such incidents. Sometimes, as in last July, killers choose that gun even when many other choices would have been better.

I don’t know any more about this guy’s thinking than anyone else does, and apparently much less according to what I’ve read, but if I did I’d be very surprised to learn that he wasn’t influenced by the last attempt on the President’s life.

“What a good idea! I should have thought of that myself, and I bet I could be successful this time because I’m smarter [bias again?]. No access to the type of gun used then? No problem, at least I have a semiauto of some type.”

6.4/93.6

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I've heard nothing about a phone being taken into evidence.

"Law enforcement officials, according to the complaint, suspect the man wielding that weapon was 58-year-old Ryan Wesley Routh. Routh fled the scene and left behind his phone, his loaded SKS-style rifle with a scope and some food, according to the complaint." -WaPo

I would assume all the found items were seized together.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16893 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post