SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Am I the only one who thought this was Gary Busey? Big Grin

I thought that too.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17084 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Looks to be an SKS ....

As usual the SIGforum gets it right before all the “experts.”

Many of the various sources initially called it an AK-47, but evidently now it’s been identified as an SKS and the reports will probably start changing. My favorite thus far, though, is a “former FBI agent” on Fox who said it was an “SKS, which is a Russian AK-47.”

Plus the same guy on Fox evidently found great significance in the fact that the man who shot Congressman Steve Scalise in 2017 used an SKS as well. Yet again I’m puzzled why the evil cabal that’s behind all this never gives their minions better weapons. I mean, at least a real AK-47 would be capable of tearing Superman a new anus if it managed to hit him at 400 yards—but an SKS‽ Pshaw!*

* Yes, I know they both fire the same cartridge, but the SKS doesn’t have that special AK magic that makes it so much deadlier than any other rifle in its class. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:

Dec.2002 Mr.Routh was charged with "poss.of a weapon of mass destruction" (machine gun) but only received probation.

So full auto gun is now considered a WMD?
That's dumb. About as dumb as calling an ordinary rifle an "assault Weapon" and maybe dumber.

On the other hand, he should have been locked up for a long time for being armed while doing the other crap he did like DWS, running from a traffic stop, and barricading himself for hours.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11090 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
…the other crap he did like DWS, …

DWS? Driving While Stupid? Driving While Shithead? I’m thinking it can’t be Driving While Sober. Curious…

Posts: 7072 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
We already have questions...
How did pathetic failure Routh fund his world travels and his pro-Ukraine activism?
That’s not all. Trump’s golf outing yesterday was unplanned, a last-minute schedule change. The most significant and troubling unanswered question thus far is: How did Routh know when and where to be?

The UK Daily Mail:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...g-theory-gunman.html

The Daily Mail’s chilling theory is that someone inside the Trump security apparatus tipped Routh off.
https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...rue&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24578 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11889 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
State laws can be quite goofy, hence a full auto weapon is classified as a weapon of mass destruction (blame the nervous nellies who wrote and titled the law). Remember this was back in 2010 when Obummer and Holder's Just Us Department were not considering ANY Federal cases for Weapons violations, so a lot of these cases went through the various goofy laws at the state level.

DWS is Driving While Suspended.

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
How did pathetic failure Routh fund his world travels and his pro-Ukraine activism?

I think there’s some folks busy shredding their accounts payable files this morning.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
How did Routh know when and where to be?

There are obviously people here who know much more about presidential security operations than I, so a question: When President Trump is playing at his golf course, is it open to other players? If not, how do other players know the course is closed to them? Are they just told it’s closed to mow the grass or trap gophers?

Or regardless of what they’re told or not told, how difficult would it be for someone who knew that DJT regularly played there to determine or at least strongly suspect when he’d be on the course because of all the OPSEC vulnerabilities of such an event? And when he had that information or supposition, is it possible that someone like that would just stake out the course in hopes that the President would show up?

Was there a deliberate security breach? At one time I would have been very skeptical, but not so much now. But what’s more likely, that someone like this individual was chosen by the cabal to carry out the mission (let’s not forget that he was evidently spotted because he pointed his SKS(!) through the fence maybe(?) even before his target was in range), or that he was an “activist” who decided what to do and how to do it on his own?

Curious to know the thinking behind the questions, and which I admit are valid ones.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I think there’s some folks busy shredding their accounts payable files this morning.

It's almost impossible these days to hide anything with the Cloud and everything being digital. That is if someone who really wants to look and knows how to find things.

Same with any interrogation of this guy. He probably won't be too difficult to extract information from if someone really wants to know.
Given his long history of legal entanglements and always walking away someone had a guiding hand on this guy.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Chellim1 for the links to the Daily Mail article and to Coffee and COVID. I don't know where you found the latter, but it looks like a great resource.

I'm counting on the state of Florida investigation--if they can get access to the suspect/loser.

Posts: 18351 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s not all. Trump’s golf outing yesterday was unplanned, a last-minute schedule change. The most significant and troubling unanswered question thus far is: How did Routh know when and where to be?

This was a main topic in another forum I visited last night. The guy was apparently an out of work roofer/contractor living in Hawaii, yet was living a nomadic life of a global traveler. He traveled to Florida, planned out this hit, had resources to buy an airline ticket, maybe hotel, car, rifle, scope, ammo, armor plates, go pro, etc. How did he know Trump would be golfing at this particular golf course, this particular time, when according to Hannity, the game was arranged that morning? And unlike a rally, a public speech, even a press conference, his day off activities are not made public.

DeSantis is apparently making this a Florida investigation as well, hopefully we get honest answers.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well, it was a Sunday, and it was no great secret that Trump was in Florida and likely in Palm Beach. Chances were pretty good he'd be playing golf. I have to wonder how long that crazy bastard was just sitting there in his little nest waiting for a chance opportunity.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30898 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes and that raises a question of where did he park? Obviously close enough to jump into his car to got out of there. So, is there always lots of parking availability around a world class golf course owned by Pres Trump? Need a town sticker? How long was it parked there?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Routh likely will talk because he is a nutbag that sees himself through his delusions as being important and of great mind.

He has a "need" to project this as is evidenced from scanning the tweets that were posted earlier.

Stalkers of celebrities shows us that a someone obsessed has more time than everyone else to pursue a goal, and it's hard to think like a lunatic.

Parkay cray cray. The guy can't believe he's not butter.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44459 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Yes and that raises a question of where did he park? Obviously close enough to jump into his car to got out of there. So, is there always lots of parking availability around a world class golf course owned by Pres Trump? Need a town sticker? How long was it parked there?

This part of the course being the South Eastern corner of the property is right near a post office and the main palm beach county library (which I was supposed to be at with my kids when this happened.) There is also a large building for the public school system head quarters. There is plenty of parking within 100 yards of this spot.
The course has an extremely dense brush cover, but I suspect a motivated person can get to the other side between that and the fence with little difficulty. There is a lot of traffic in this area, but it's not bad on weekends. If he went there early am, it wouldn't be hard to go unnoticed. Day time, like 10 am or 11 am, I suspect you have a 50/50 shot of being seen with a rifle in your 100 yard run to the bushes.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5178 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Fox News Live: Discussing and showing body cam video of suspects arrest, you may have to sign in with a subscriber account like Comcast, DTV, etc

Link

Posts: 24231 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^It's also here (without commentary), no sign-in needed...

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16900 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

This part of the course being the South Eastern corner of the property is right near a post office and the main palm beach county library (which I was supposed to be at with my kids when this happened.) There is also a large building for the public school system head quarters. There is plenty of parking within 100 yards of this spot.
The course has an extremely dense brush cover, but I suspect a motivated person can get to the other side between that and the fence with little difficulty. There is a lot of traffic in this area, but it's not bad on weekends. If he went there early am, it wouldn't be hard to go unnoticed. Day time, like 10 am or 11 am, I suspect you have a 50/50 shot of being seen with a rifle in your 100 yard run to the bushes.

Tim thanks for the birdseye account!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39225 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I the only one who thought this was Gary Busey? Big Grin

Maybe Gary will get to play him in the Hallmark movie “An SKS Holiday”.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post