SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 ... 920
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
He signed it. There will be no recission of anything by congress, strong message or not. He knows that.
Unfortunately, so do we.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was also stated that the $2000 Bill being introduced tomorrow was contingent upon PDJT signing the Bill today...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Disappointing

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
What a shit show

Posts: 1813 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Wow! After all that posturing, the foreign leeches still get their handouts, other porks are still in, and American citizens still just get the measly $600? And, we're to trust that Congress will pass another bill that'll give $2k to us citizens? Total joke!

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So gross.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
As President of the United States it is my responsibility to protect the people of our country from the economic devastation and hardship that was caused by the China Virus.

I understand that many small businesses have been forced to close as a result of harsh actions by Democrat-run states. Many people are back to work, but my job is not done until everyone is back to work.

Fortunately, as a result of my work with Congress in passing the CARES Act earlier this year, we avoided another Great Depression. Under my leadership, Project Warp Speed has been a tremendous success, my Administration and I developed a vaccine many years ahead of wildest expectations, and we are distributing these vaccines, and others soon coming, to millions of people.

As President, I have told Congress that I want far less wasteful spending and more money going to the American people in the form of $2,000 checks per adult and $600 per child.

As President I am demanding many rescissions under the Impoundment Control Act of 1974. The Act provides that, “whenever the President determines that all or part of any budget authority will not be required to carry out the full objectives or scope of programs for which it is provided, or that such budget authority should be rescinded for fiscal policy or other reasons (including termination of authorized projects or activities for which budget authority has been provided), the President shall transmit to both Houses of Congress a special message” describing the amount to be reserved, the relevant accounts, the reasons for the rescission, and the economic effects of the rescission. 2 U.S.C. § 683.

I will sign the Omnibus and Covid package with a strong message that makes clear to Congress that wasteful items need to be removed. I will send back to Congress a redlined version, item by item, accompanied by the formal rescission request to Congress insisting that those funds be removed from the bill.

I am signing this bill to restore unemployment benefits, stop evictions, provide rental assistance, add money for PPP, return our airline workers back to work, add substantially more money for vaccine distribution, and much more.

On Monday the House will vote to increase payments to individuals from $600 to $2,000. Therefore, a family of four would receive $5,200. Additionally, Congress has promised that Section 230, which so unfairly benefits Big Tech at the expense of the American people, will be reviewed and either be terminated or substantially reformed.

Likewise, the House and Senate have agreed to focus strongly on the very substantial voter fraud which took place in the November 3 Presidential election.

The Senate will start the process for a vote that increases checks to $2,000, repeals Section 230, and starts an investigation into voter fraud.

Big Tech must not get protections of Section 230!

Voter Fraud must be fixed!

Much more money is coming. I will never give up my fight for the American people!
https://www.whitehouse.gov/bri...he-president-122720/

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
He signed it. There will be no recission of anything by congress, strong message or not. He knows that.

That's so disappointing Frown

I really have no faith in "my" government, not any part or branch of it, not federal, state, or local, anymore. None at all.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The only good news as far as I'm concerned is if they shit canned the whole damn thing. Maybe then do a clean bill that actually gives relief to those who need it and deserve it.

WTF is all I can say so disappointed sigh.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I hope I’m wrong, but this seems like surrender to me.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It is disappointing, but they would have passed one even worse under Biden with control of all the branches.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
https://www.gao.gov/mobile/products/gao-10-320t

quote:
The Impoundment Control Act of 1974 (ICA) was enacted to tighten congressional control over presidential impoundments and establish a procedure under which Congress could consider the merits of rescissions proposed by the President. Under the ICA the President may propose a rescission when he wishes to withhold funds from obligation permanently or submit a deferral when the withholding of funds is temporary. Funds proposed for rescission may be withheld from obligation for 45 days of continuous congressional session. If Congress does not approve the rescission during this period, the President must release the funds on the 46th day. The ICA also provides a special discharge procedure permitting 20 percent of the members of either house to force a floor vote on any presidential rescission proposal.

cont...

Could be he is using this as pressure to pass the proposed bill with bigger relief payments to Americans and to rescind Section 230?

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.ar15.com/media/med...rome_jpg-1751506.JPG

President Trump is requesting that we rally for him on Jan. 6th 2021. My hotel is already booked and I am just waiting till it's time to do the drive. My brother and his wife are going with me as well. Looking forward to being part of an historical event as this is the day that VP Pence and Congress decides to either accept or reject the Elector Vote .

Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo

Posts: 126 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I would like the video with Bill Still on the last page to be true, It is my understanding that if no one gets to 270 there are other things that take place. It is not the person with the most electoral votes.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Rudy has been doing something. They have been showing huge things that should have changed the outcome. Even video of them pulling out suitcases of ballots didn't matter.

The problem is all the doors are locked and RINOs are holding the keys. There isn't much else they can do at this point other than keep trying. It probably won't matter, but don't let the media gaslight you into thinking they haven't been showing irrefutable evidence of fraud.

Belatedly,this.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Well, I'm one of the fortunate ones who doesn't need the money. I am, however, vigorously against the unrelated pork that was put into the bill.

flashguy

Yea,verily.I will be alright without the gimme,but let that pork disappear. Not right at all.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

To me as well. I’m shocked he signed the bill and combined with the recent pardons, it seems like our President is throwing in the towel. I sincerely hope I’m wrong but perhaps the man has had enough of the backstabbers that make up the very deep swamp.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Beyond belief.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:

To me as well. I’m shocked he signed the bill and combined with the recent pardons, it seems like our President is throwing in the towel. I sincerely hope I’m wrong but perhaps the man has had enough of the backstabbers that make up the very deep swamp.

As I am understanding it the signing requires line by line for congress to go thru it. The bill was Veto proof by the super majority they had so this was the only way to either stall or stop it. So you can either have a ceremonial veto that does nothing due tonthe super majority or this. Which would you like?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:

As I am understanding it the signing requires line by line for congress to go thru it.

How does that work? The bill is already signed. Why would Congress bother doing that now?

quote:
Which would you like?

I wanted him to veto the fucking thing, that's what I would've liked.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post