SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 ... 1147
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
No pistol grip, looks like regular rifle stock, SKS maybe?

Posts: 3776 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whanson_wi:
Famous
But
Incompetent
now running the investigation? They'll decide he was a lone wolf with no known political motivations....

Serious question: he was supposedly using an AK. Are they accurate enough for this kind of use? What was the range?
Trump was either 1 or 2 holes behind the advance team, so 300-500 yards away, which(300ish) to my knowledge is generally considered the outer edge of the effective range for an AK...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Famous
But
Incompetent
now running the investigation? They'll decide he was a lone wolf with no known political motivations....

Serious question: he was supposedly using an AK. Are they accurate enough for this kind of use? What was the range?

Depends on the type but if its an old eastern bloc surplus prolly not the ideal choice. If the article range estimation is correct, 300-500 yds is a long shot. I didnt see optics on that blurry mess either. 300s prolly possible.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Jesus Christ on a freakin’ Pogostick!

The left is un-fucking-hinged.

quote:

Depends on the rifle.

My made-at-the-Izmash factory in Mother Russia AK could probably hit a man-sized target out to 500 with decent ammo.

A Vermontmonkees rebuilt Egyptian parts kit? Not so much.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
"The suspect in the second assassination attempt on former President Donald Trump has been identified as Ryan Wesley Routh, law enforcement sources confirmed to Fox News.

Routh was allegedly armed with an assault rifle outside Trump International Golf Club while Trump was playing the fifth hole on Sunday afternoon.

He was able to push the muzzle of his gun through the chainlink fence outside the golf club, authorities said.

He was 300 to 500 yards away from Trump. Secret Service spotted Routh and opened fire.

Routh was able to get way, but was later stopped by authorities and arrested.He was found with two backpacks and a GoPro camera.The rifle was recovered from the bushes outside the golf course.

This is the second attempt made on Trump's life in two months."

Fox News

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16900 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting tidbit. There hasn't been a shot taken at a president since Reagan. Two taken at Trump in two friggin months. I am beside myself right now.

Posts: 7670 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The shooter

Posts: 109047 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"Dammit! Do I need to shoot him myself?" - Dick Cheney

(Only partially kidding)

When do we learn that he's been on the FBI's radar (like every single other shooter of late)?

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para, the wife and I occasionally watch a few of the Bevis and Butthead videos. I need a bit of levity right now Big Grin

Posts: 7670 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Higher-res pic (maybe). Looks to be an SKS or Norinco Hunter type...pistol grip stock with detatchable magazine.

Posts: 3157 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are they accurate enough for this kind of use?

What was “this” kind of use? Do you know what the suspect intended or thought he could do with the gun? Was his original idea to shoot from the fence line?

There is a common tendency for people who are thinking about an event to look at it through the filters of their own knowledge and preferences. I haven’t dug very far into this incident, but what do we know about the man? Why couldn’t he possibly have believed that, like the 10mm Auto cartridge, an AK-47 was not only capable of tearing Superman a new anus, but also from a kilometer away?

In the two previous assassination attempts on highest level US dignitaries in which rifles were used, neither perpetrator used a weapon that would have been the best for achieving his goals. The first attempt I’m referring to was successful, but for some of us who have studied the matter in detail, that was most likely just due to chance: i.e., good luck for the shooter.

In the second attempt luck also probably played a large role in the outcome as well as ignorance and incompetence, but that time luck was on the side of the intended victim (and for the rest of us—albeit not so much for three people).

Although many details will be coming out about this, there are some questions that always remain unanswered. But to paraphrase a comment I saw about science, the key to having answers to any question is more information, not more guesses.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Great, the assassin was taken alive.

NOW let's get the scoop, any info out of him. Don't stonewall this or try to make it all disappear.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This may or may not be the same Ryan Routh so take it with a grain of salt. The age and physical appearance match.

Posts: 13069 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Interesting tidbit. There hasn't been a shot taken at a president since Reagan. Two taken at Trump in two friggin months. I am beside myself right now.
Not convinced this guy actually got a shot off, sounds like the only people that actually fired this time were USSS.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The left is un-fucking-hinged.

Yes. Like ice is cold and fire is hot.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Not convinced this guy actually got a shot off, sounds like the only people that actually fired this time were USSS.

Shots were fired at Trump.
https://x.com/nicksortor/statu...n-west-palm-beach%2F

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

A better picture.
AK or SKS ? Long barrel too.

Posts: 1653 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
SKS-M (detachable mag, monte carlo stock with cheekrest) or Norinco Hunter (milled received, mag fed, traditional rifle stock not AK type with longer handguard and barrel).

For reference;
SKS-M (this is the shorter barrel style).

Norinco Hunter:

Posts: 3157 | Location: Loudoun VA | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
This may or may not be the same Ryan Routh so take it with a grain of salt. The age and physical appearance match.

The video is 2022 and he says he is 56 there, so that fits. His appearance looks very similar in the video and photo.

He says he wants to teach the world kindness and compassion. Of course, this all makes perfect sense to him, I am sure.

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post