SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 ... 1145
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Well... They may try to spin this to their advantage. Put Harris up knowing she will get crushed and, in doing so, she is no longer a factor in the future of the dem party. Gives them 4 years to try to re-build the bench and give their chosen candidate 3-4 years to run against Vance.

Make the best of the loss?

The "Boz"

Posts: 1552 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
apparently some of the players on the Cards' roster are Trump fans

AND the TampaBay Rays...Fight, Fight! Cool

https://x.com/TomiLahren/status/1815140938198536350

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9432 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Harris picks up the % that biden had and adds it to hers

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
RealClear My Ass!

Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9432 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
I would totally take advantage of the situation and secure a more favorable debate landscape.

https://x.com/guypbenson/status/1815154380749906262

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6363 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
I have a request to make. Given the quickness of events that are happening, if you are going to “post” a video or other such electronic message, please identify if it is a real and valid communication, or if it is a “parody”.

It is getting to be difficult to distinguish real from fake, “Babylon Bee” excepted as we know those are parodies.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2796 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
People need to keep pushing the fact that Harris IS NOT BLACK

More disinformation and spin

Posts: 53783 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:
Well... They may try to spin this to their advantage. Put Harris up knowing she will get crushed and, in doing so, she is no longer a factor in the future of the dem party. Gives them 4 years to try to re-build the bench and give their chosen candidate 3-4 years to run against Vance.

You think these deranged commies are just giving up, already admitting loss?

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
My guess is part of the backroom dealing included the puppet masters sitting Kackles down and explaining to her that she will only get the nod if she plays the exact same role sleepy Joe has been playing.

On the outside chance they win somehow, she will be a figure head and is expected to do as she is told.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11213 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Yeah. DJT should just drop out while he can...

Acknowledging that the opposition made the best strategic move that they could under the circumstances is hardly throwing in the towel, or even having a defeatist attitude. It’s entirely possible to acknowledge a shrewd move by your opponent while still feeling good about your position.

Personally, I’d have rather gone up against Biden, but I think Kamala is far from ideal for the dems as well. I think the immigration issue has turned more middle of the road voters away from Biden than anything else and she is the face of that issue thanks to Biden. I think we are in a good place and despite this talking point I still believe momentum is on our side. Personally, I’m happy that the dems are in a position to have to take such a bold step.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5614 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Let me check my Galaxie 300 crystal ball.

Harris will not be the dem’s presidential nominee. Who that will be will be the topic for the next month. Once the decision is announced at the DNC, the media will fawn over that person for at least a month. Momentum will be the word of the month in August.

Beyond that, the Galaxie 300 is a bit swirly. The pick will be someone who can stand toe to toe with Trump in a debate.

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Dana Perino and Mareen Callahan have both brought up something very interesting, What the heck is going on. He ghosted everyone, no photo, no video, just a tweet on social media. All his staff did not know it was going to happen, his old press secretary Psaki was shocked, she said she had just talked to Mayor Bottoms(new campaign advisor)from Atlanta an hour before and no word this was coming. You could see she was shocked.

My question is, has he gone vegetable or is he no longer capable of even making a statement?

That is basically what they were suggesting, that he might be worse now than before.

Posts: 3773 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lt CHEG:.....It’s entirely possible to acknowledge a shrewd move by your opponent while still feeling good about your position.

It was the leading off with: "And just like that, the attempted assassination of President Trump is news no longer. All the media is going to talk about for the next month is who the Dem nominee will be."

I do not believe that DJT, the attempt will be relegated to the back page.

We pretty much knew the GDCs were going to Jettison Joe in some form or fashion. It was no epic strategic move. It was their turn to move a piece.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44452 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
My question is, has he gone vegetable or is he no longer capable of even making a statement?

Hillary couldn't bring herself to call Donald. It took several hours before she could process that she lost.

I'm quite sure Joe is plenty pissed right now. He was forced out by Pelosi, Jeffries and Schumer. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't leave his Delaware beach house for the rest of his Presidency.

Posts: 6711 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is basically what they were suggesting, that he might be worse now than before.

Once the decision was made and they pushed that "Publish" button, the rats started jumping ship, and Dr. Jill started crying her eyes out. No one is around him anymore that he can count on. I'm not surprised. It only proves to the rest of the world what we on the right side have known for the last three and a half years.

Q

Posts: 27505 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With Harris, Dems have switched from senile to stupid. She is unelectable.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16377 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
So here's a thought..

Wth Joe out, what would be the better plan - let him ride it out or a renewed push to 25A his ass?

Force Kackles into the job so folks can "try before they buy" and totally overload her with being in a position she can't handle at the same time she scrambles to put a campaign together?

Don't forget the continual issues she has had with keeping staff members on staff. Evidently she is quite the bitch to work for so she has that reputation going for er as well.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11213 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I gotta think Brandon's campaign staffers all want to keep their paychecks coming and will just transition over to the Harris campaign, while tuning up their resumes, hoping to land a good job before the music stops and all the chairs are taken.

Posts: 3684 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dana Perino and Mareen Callahan have both brought up something very interesting, What the heck is going on. He ghosted everyone, no photo, no video, just a tweet on social media. All his staff did not know it was going to happen, his old press secretary Psaki was shocked, she said she had just talked to Mayor Bottoms(new campaign advisor)from Atlanta an hour before and no word this was coming. You could see she was shocked.

I've been wondering if Biden's had the double whammy of COVID (w/ Dimentia, etc, so the comorbidities effect!) AND that they felt had to take him off of all the pharmaceuticals they were pumping him full of to render him quasi-functional, in order to facilitate his recovery from COVID. His SIGNIFICANT difficulty walking up the 'short steps' onto Air Force One, AND the seeming inability figure out how to get in the Suburban when he returned to Delaware was somewhat alarming (even for Biden!) and could be evidence of a major downturn in his ability to function!

Live Free or Die!

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by bozman:

You think these deranged commies are just giving up, already admitting loss?

I’ve read this perspective linked from The Liberty Daily aggregate site. The article was quoting and insider that said allowing Kamala to fail with or without Joe is an option they’re considering. Rather than waste the potential of a future more viable candidate, they’d let this one go and prepare for the midterms and the next presidential election.

That told me they know they’re likely cooked and are sending in the second string to grind this one out. They really don’t have many options otherwise. I think they’ll fight and cheat where they can. They’ll certainly lie, but will take the L with damage control.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29904 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post