SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year IV
Page 1 ... 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 ... 1146
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trump Presidency : Year IV Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
This the SS sniper on a sloped roof? Yet there wasn't supposed to be SS agents on sloped roofs...

Does she even know how ridiculous she sounds?
Do they really think we're that stupid???

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Director Cheatles grandfather did an interview years ago. And she is going to follow his lead on Monday.

Posts: 3775 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
For clarity.
Are those not sloped roofs? Is she REALLY that obtuse?

She needs to be FIRED at this point.

Posts: 39871 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
whats really sad is that one roof actually has a blind spot the other counter sniper could not see. Not the tree but the reverse slope of the roof.

Posts: 3775 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The Secret Service sniper who took the shot that killed 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks could only see Crooks’ gun scope and the top of his eye and forehead because the lip of the roof was blocking the sniper’s view.

The source described the shot to Fox as a “one in a million shot.”
If that's true, it reinforces the idea of divine intervention in this incident.

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^
I hope that sniper gets a fat bonus check.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9436 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
There’s an airport on the Butler Farm Show grounds. Wouldn’t that make flying recreational drones there illegal? The Secret Service probably couldn’t get the required FAA waiver.

I don’t have the link, but one of the articles I read said they didn’t even apply for one.

Had they, it would have been pretty much automatic for the event. LE waivers are pretty much a sure thing and no delay or advanced notice required.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11219 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
For clarity.

Thanks. The distance from the killer to President Trump shown in that image (153 yards) is closer to what I estimated using Google Earth (160 yards) than the 130 yard figure that has been widely used in other reports.

As for the sniper’s shot, what demonstrated really remarkable skill wasn’t being able to hit the killer in the head from eye level up at a distance of about 190 yards shooting from a supported position, but the speed with which it was accomplished. Unless the sniper was already watching the killer before a weapon was visible and he started shooting, the sniper evidently got on target and fired his very accurate shot extremely quickly.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47678 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
@trapper189

There is a mechanism in place to get authorization to fly a drone on or near an airport.
LAANC System

The problem with the story though is there should have been a TFR in place. So if the story about the drone is true he must have flown it before the TFR took effect.
I did not know this when I posted, but do now because I actually took the TRUST test 15 minutes ago and registered my new drone.

I just shake my head when new details come to light. Think about this one: they increased Trump’s security because of a credible Iranian assignation threat. The result of said increase in security was a 20yo couldn’t make the HS rifle team dork surveys the sight with his drone, is spotted acting suspiciously, is spotted using a range finder, is spotted wandering around a supposedly secured building scoping out the roof, is then spotted on the roof with a fucking rifle, manages to elude 4 counter sniper teams before firing 8 shots killing one person and injuring three others including President Trump. Then you have sloped roof woman who is more obtuse than a flat roof.

Can it get anymore embarrassing?

Posts: 11608 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:...If that's true, it reinforces the idea of divine intervention in this incident.

Agreed. It's my belief that the majority of "Divine Intervention" events are nothing of the sort, but this is one I will put in the "I believe" column.

I imagine there are a great number of people that do not grasp how different the world would be at this point, should a week ago have gone as intended by the abhorrent act of one person.

My CUT is "renewed" again.

You shall never see a request from me to change it.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44457 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I imagine there are a great number of people that do not grasp how different the world would be at this point, should a week ago have gone as intended by the abhorrent act of one person.

I imagine there are a great number of people who don't have a clue who Gavrilo Princip was.

Posts: 20563 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
If my memory serves me correctly, he killed Archduke Ferdinand.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
^^^^
I hope that sniper gets a fat bonus check.

With this Administration, the Secret Service Director, and Homeland Security Boss Boob? He will be lucky he is not demoted or fired.

It is always the lies and cover ups. Look at all the crap they put out:

1. Roof was sloped, too dangerous.
2. It was local Police fault (but Secret Service is the final authority and responsibility).
3. Increased Security due to possible Iranian plot. Yet that does not jive with #4.
4. Decreased Security for Trump due to Dr. Dipshit Jill having an event, pulling all Secret Service there and putting the Scrub Team with massive degraded security on Trump event.

All you need to know about the SS Director is that the dumb ass scheduled a vacation DURING the Republican National Convention. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, she ended up "cancelling" her vacation to make a brief appearance before racing to a secure bunker to shred all emails and papers concerning the Trump event security, while getting ready to stonewall Congress next week.

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Being how difficult the shot was with the 20 year old on the other side of the slope, hopefully counter sniper teams will consider this blind spot in future site surveys.

It may have been a difficult shot, but that which made it difficult should have been identified before the shot was required.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
by the abhorrent act of one person.

No. You must realize he at the very least had doors left open and was assisted. He bounced along the guardrails put in place for him and arrived at the point of his desired and determined destination. But he failed...

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife just spent the week with her gaggle of ~8 40-50 year white suburban housewives. To a woman, NONE would consider voting for the incumbent and have been maga since 2016. And it’s not based on abortion legality. These women came together from FL, TX, ID and CA.

Posts: 4956 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
For clarity.

UPDATE!
The USSS has just created a slightly sloped division of highly trained operators to deal with future scenarios (parody).

https://youtu.be/a2A9yJoZfok?si=NnN8P1lKUxg3N8iy

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6467 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
For clarity.

UPDATE!
The USSS has just created a slightly sloped division of highly trained operators to deal with future scenarios (parody).

https://youtu.be/a2A9yJoZfok?si=NnN8P1lKUxg3N8iy

One day, soon, that DEI hire will be consigned to the dustbin of history, but unlike the attempt on President Reagan, the USSS will never live down the ignominy of this utter failure.

Why?

Memes live forever!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32002 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I imagine there are a great number of people who don't have a clue who Gavrilo Princip was.

Nor Leon Czolgosz

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8653 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
More that comes out about Thomas Crooks,
the more I think he just wanted to create chaos.

Just wanted to watch the world burn.

They're saying he flew a drone over the area too.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...source-sa-rcna162817